ODST Working Flip Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice that would be cool. I’ve always had the idea of having a remote switch located on a prop to switch on all armor lights in back of my head. Have yet to really sit down and work out the details. Need to finish a newbuild first before I can get to any fancy lights.
It's not too hard to do tbh, Wayne's Workshop has an awesome tutorial on how to use a garage door opener to activate that kind of stuff wirelessly

This is so cool Rock Lobster. Were you involved in any of the fan films? It is a great visual feature.

I like your semi comprehensive guide, but I was wondering if you'd consider writing up a more detailed one. Link to the code that you found, talk about the changes you've made. Links to other resources you've found like that Wayne's Workshop. I'm sure others would attempt this if they had just a little more information. No pressure whatsoever, but if you did I'd love to get it in the tutorial section. Either way I'm super jealous. :)

This is so cool Rock Lobster. Were you involved in any of the fan films? It is a great visual feature.

I like your semi comprehensive guide, but I was wondering if you'd consider writing up a more detailed one. Link to the code that you found, talk about the changes you've made. Links to other resources you've found like that Wayne's Workshop. I'm sure others would attempt this if they had just a little more information. No pressure whatsoever, but if you did I'd love to get it in the tutorial section. Either way I'm super jealous. :)

I appreciate the feedback on this! When I finalize my design I plan on doing a little more comprehenisive guide on this however this is still very much so in the experimental stage. A lot of my wiring/placement was improv and I kind of did things as I went. Funny enough I did not use any outside resources on this besides where I found the code base. Speaking of the code I will most likely will not put out the code due to the fact I do kits of this helmet and the code is a crucial component. When I redo the tutorial I plan on providing where I got the code from so people will have a base to go off from there!

I totally understand. That sounds like a great compromise. Even if you put your code out there and made a super easy to follow tutorial it's still going to be hard for most people to do so you'll still get commission requests I'm sure. But what you described sounds great. I'd even suggest putting a link on how to contact you for a visor commission or kit in the tutorial! ;)

I totally understand. That sounds like a great compromise. Even if you put your code out there and made a super easy to follow tutorial it's still going to be hard for most people to do so you'll still get commission requests I'm sure. But what you described sounds great. I'd even suggest putting a link on how to contact you for a visor commission or kit in the tutorial! ;)

Thanks man! I wouldn't want to advertise on here however because it's the 405th and it feels kind of... wrong to do so lol.

I applaud your ethics and loyalty to the 405th, so please, do as you appropriately see fit. However, there is a market place section for things like this, and if I had enough money, I myself would be very interested. I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

I applaud your ethics and loyalty to the 405th, so please, do as you appropriately see fit. However, there is a market place section for things like this, and if I had enough money, I myself would be very interested. I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

Yep!

I don't know man, it's a kind of funny place to be as someone who designs stuff and can print on command. I've never put up a Marketplace item because it kind of just feels off to sell my services here. If people do want commissions, they still find me out in the wild.

I get it. But like Sean said, we do have a marketplace so it is not discouraged, just needs to be done right is all. You can ask FlyinPhil if you have any questions about that.

Regardless of selling them or writing up a tutorial we definitely want more updates and pictures/video in action as you go more events, trooper. ;)

I don't know man, it's a kind of funny place to be as someone who designs stuff and can print on command. I've never put up a Marketplace item because it kind of just feels off to sell my services here. If people do want commissions, they still find me out in the wild.
Thats quite literally how I feel. I enjoy doing commissions and it helps pay for college but I feel like this is more of a community instead of a sales website

I get it. But like Sean said, we do have a marketplace so it is not discouraged, just needs to be done right is all. You can ask FlyinPhil if you have any questions about that.

Regardless of selling them or writing up a tutorial we definitely want more updates and pictures/video in action as you go more events, trooper. ;)
Oh I will definitely be posting more as I attend more cons, lots of revisions needed on the armor but I also plan on doing the sniper attachment to hide the arduino and what not as it fits better with the armor. I also need a new backpack as mine is WAY too big

hey I know I am late but still wondering were you bot the materials for the visor. I wanted to do something like you did for my last year of doing halloween as a kid and for my friend's costume party which is in July I 3d printed the odst helmet with the help of my teacher and all I need to do is the visor plz respond when ever you get the chance thanks for your time dude =}

hey I know I am late but still wondering were you bot the materials for the visor. I wanted to do something like you did for my last year of doing halloween as a kid and for my friend's costume party which is in July I 3d printed the odst helmet with the help of my teacher and all I need to do is the visor plz respond when ever you get the chance thanks for your time dude =}
Hey there, the inside visor is a tinted mountain dew bottle with car tinter and the outside visor (shown on the newer ODST helmet) is a vacuum formed one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back