Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a quick question. So far it looks as though my chest piece is going to be the right size for me. The problem I am having is that I cant get my head through the top. Is there a way to fix this? Do I have to find tiny hinges now so I can get into my armor? Im a little new to all of this. Thanks for all of the help.

I have a quick question. So far it looks as though my chest piece is going to be the right size for me. The problem I am having is that I cant get my head through the top. Is there a way to fix this? Do I have to find tiny hinges now so I can get into my armor? Im a little new to all of this. Thanks for all of the help.

The most common solution to this is to split the chest into two pieces after hardening. You can then install clips, magnets, or any other means to connect the pieces back together. Hinges have been used before as well but ultimately the choice is yours.

Helmet sizing

Hi, i am making a halo reach, pilot helmet, on pepakura, and i was wondering if you knew whatthe average numbers are that people type in fo the helmets, Height, Width, and Depth. And if this helps i'm about 5ft. 10in.

A Little Help?

For some reason everytime i go to make the scaling for my armors Chest Piece and Cod piece, heck any piece i think i mess something up because the chest piece came out to need over 1000 pages to put together and I know for darn sure that im not That big...I mean im BIG 6feet 1 inch, waist 54, and i weigh in excess of 370 pounds, Like i said Im a BIG guy. Could it also be a problem that im using different parts from different armors to make a custom Set? ooorrrr am i doomed to pep a thousand pages per part for the next ten years?

How do i get to the scale window
i have pepakura viewer (free version) so im a bit lost
i liked the info im just having truble finding out where to go

i have a question when scaling your chest, what should i scale, my width, length, or depth?

You should try and even out the sizes as best as you can. you dont want to have a piece tat is wide enough but too long. So just try and take all dimensions into consideration. But the most important part ( I think is having it big enough to fit your head through the hole

Hi, i am making a halo reach, pilot helmet, on pepakura, and i was wondering if you knew whatthe average numbers are that people type in fo the helmets, Height, Width, and Depth. And if this helps i'm about 5ft. 10in.

There really isnt a standard or average size. I could tell you that for my helm I went a certain number and then it may be too big or too small for you. the best bet is to try and measure for yourself and thatll turn out the best

okay but I'm 180 lbs and 6.1ft tall, does this my size is big like 570mm on my width, i measure my width by scaling my armpit to the other armpit, is that how i''m suppose to scale the width of my chest?

That would be the best and you also have to add about an inch to the width if you want to be able to squeeze in there. that ma make the length and depth a bit off, but thats actually a good thing.

yea the best way you could is armpit to armpit, then measure how tall your torso is from neck to waist this way you can make a piece that fits you the best (keep in mind that designer automatically changes your depth and height once you alter the width)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back