Orbital Drop Shock Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very odd that your pep designer doesn't have the distance tool. I actually had to open mine to make sure I lead you the right way. Good luck with the weapon, I've been hesitant on doing one because of all the small folds etc. Tactonyx builds dynamic and static weapons if you feel like dropping the green for it. http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/

Who's pep file are you using, I don't recognize it? Most of mine are Kirrou's and Hugh's with a few others mixed in from the 405th's database.
http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html

The paper says

Halo 3 ODST Rookie Helmet
Model by Rundown
Unfolded by Ral Partha
405th.com

sounds familiar to you?

I haven't done anything with my helmet YET, but check this out...

538415_10200192647001806_1885857854_n.jpg

Not bad, huh? considering it's my FIRST build...

looks like a good suppressor. Try to score the folds with a small blunt object and a ruler to make the folds a little smoother. The helmet sounds familiar. I'm trying to do a lot of in-game references. Doing a lot of video watching after playing ODST again.

I haven't done anything with my helmet YET, but check this out...

538415_10200192647001806_1885857854_n.jpg

Not bad, huh? considering it's my FIRST build...

looks like a good suppressor. Try to score the folds with a small blunt object and a ruler to make the folds a little smoother.

It does look very good for your first pep but here's a tip that might help you out. I know it helped me a lot. The best thing to do is not score those lines at all. Find something that you can wrap the paper around like a broom handle for example, so that it will hold that shape better and make it easier to glue. Then just glue the flap that connects one end to the other. It will save you a ton when it comes time to smooth it all out. That goes for any type of pep; whether it be a helmet, forearm, etc. Pay attention to the model and even reference shots. Don't score it unless you absolutely have to. The end result will look better and be achieved easier as well. :D

This is what I've got until now. I've been cutting and glueing since I woke up, played a little bit of halo 4 online and got my butt back to cutting and glueing. One quick question, after I'm done with the whole gun, should I resin it and bondo it until it looks nice then paint it black?

63649_10200193499703123_126461391_n.jpg

I'm 20 and 5'9 tall but i'm a little chubby on the sides so i'd have to add extra material to the armor or rescale. Anyways, I just measured my head and it's 24 inches (don't know how much that is on mm), how much would i need to rescale?

Well, if you're 20, you're not going to grow anymore, lol.
I would say 280mm-300mm would work, if you haven't already printed it out. And remember, you can always trim it if it doesn't fit over you're head perfectly.

And great SMG so far!

Just curious, what pep file did you use for the smg? I know a few have been taken down. Anyways, it looks good! Only concern in the where the barrel meets the silencer. Looks a little long, and a little unstable. Might have to add in some support or replace it with something else. Now for the helmet!

should i now resin and bondo it?

which helmet is the easiest to build? the one i've got has a LOT of pieces and it's really difficult for me to keep up with it

should i now resin and bondo it?

which helmet is the easiest to build? the one i've got has a LOT of pieces and it's really difficult for me to keep up with it

That looks a lot like the one in the new database. Looks pretty awesome. If you're ready for resining it give it a try. Just remember to start with light thin coats to avoid warping it. I did a light coat on the outside of my helmet followed by two thick coats of resin on the inside before I rondoed.

If your going to harden that smg I'd start with a light coat of resin on the outside, followed by another heavier coat. The I'd rondo (resin and bondo mix) say a 50/50 mix and rondo the inside. That smg is small enough to do it. Also later you could swap out the barrel and silencer with some pvc pipe to make it more rigid.

If your going to harden that smg I'd start with a light coat of resin on the outside, followed by another heavier coat. The I'd rondo (resin and bondo mix) say a 50/50 mix and rondo the inside. That smg is small enough to do it. Also later you could swap out the barrel and silencer with some pvc pipe to make it more rigid.

I agree. If you're looking to do a rondo filling you can use 3Ms glass bubbles as a filler to reduce weight and the ammount of rondo you have to use. It's about $9.00 a pound from where I get it, which is aircraft grade. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/cm/fillers/bubbles.php

I'll try to do the rondo mixture once the sun comes out, it's pouring rain outside :/ Also, I've been wondering, what are the differences between the rookie helmet and the dutch helmet?

Good job on the SMG! And if I'm not mistaken, the Dutch helmet is bulkier and it also looks like it has a fading mohawk. The Rookie one is the default base of other version of ODST helmets.

this us all i've got so far, and i'm running out of krazy glue, so I have to go out later and buy some more

734218_10200199961424662_73042478_n.jpg

what do you all think?

I love having another helljumper around!

As for the helmet, I mean no offense, but your pep work isn't very clean. Take your time, be careful, and one thing that I've found makes a really good pep is to not fold every single line, only the really sharp bends. Leave the smooth curves creaseless.

The helmet looks like a good start, but like GuitarMaster said you need to take your time. Especially on this helmet. Make sure your folds are crisp and the number line up the best you can get them. Don't be discouraged by this and don't restart. Just take this advice and apply it now. Should make the helmet turn out nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back