phillydon21's Mk VI armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome job!! Again this has made me want to make my own armor even more. Love the detail in your helm. Might have to pick your brain about how you did that :)

Also can I ask, I see there is some nice detail on what I guess you can call the Visor part? The black engraving above the see trough visor. I'm looking trough most of these pepakura files I find and none of them have that much detail. Is this something you did personally? I've done a lot of research and I can't seem to find out how people did it. How could I achieve this on my own helm?

Must have missed this thread before...

Excellent job on this build! I started at the end of the thread and worked backwards, and was wondering what it started as. I was very surprised it was pepakura! Amazing smoothing, detailing, scaling, lighting, everything.

Moving into Elite, for as long as the Elite section sticks around...

Also going to change the title to "phillydon21's Mk VI armor", Mk IV is the Halo Wars stuff. And I think that maybe members' names should be included in the Elite section. Probably going to change a bunch of titles in there now.

Congratulations on the Elite section! Most deserved. It's great to see your armor finished, and it looks impeccable.

And I think that maybe members' names should be included in the Elite section. Probably going to change a bunch of titles in there now.

Yes, please do this! I wish there was some way of enforcing a rule that if you have a build thread, you have to put your screen name in it so it's a bit easier to identify. Too many "My etc. etc. build" thread titles!

The paint job is amazing, what paints did you use to get that color, it looks perfect.

thank you i used rust-oleum satin oregano

Awesome job!! Again this has made me want to make my own armor even more. Love the detail in your helm. Might have to pick your brain about how you did that :)

Also can I ask, I see there is some nice detail on what I guess you can call the Visor part? The black engraving above the see trough visor. I'm looking trough most of these pepakura files I find and none of them have that much detail. Is this something you did personally? I've done a lot of research and I can't seem to find out how people did it. How could I achieve this on my own helm?

i assume your talking about the area under the brim ? most of the files i have seen do not have them or for examples are floating pieces so i added that with an engraving tool from my dremel .. its very pain staking to no mess it up lol

Must have missed this thread before...

Excellent job on this build! I started at the end of the thread and worked backwards, and was wondering what it started as. I was very surprised it was pepakura! Amazing smoothing, detailing, scaling, lighting, everything.

Moving into Elite, for as long as the Elite section sticks around...

Also going to change the title to "phillydon21's Mk VI armor", Mk IV is the Halo Wars stuff. And I think that maybe members' names should be included in the Elite section. Probably going to change a bunch of titles in there now.

Thank you very much it is in deed and honor :)

just fantastic man, all i can say =D are you going to make an AR?

i thought about it but im much more a fan of a BR

This is the absolute best pep suit I have ever seen. I started checking the thread from the last page to the first and had no idea you did all this from pep. Between you and Drgnfyre4 the elite section has FINALLY gotten some decent builds in here. You guys have blown everything else in elite away by a mile!

Congrats on the move to Elite! You deserve it!

Fantastic work of art!

I have to say, when I look at your finished pics.... I start thinking OMG! That looks like me! LOL

Super KUDO's!

Now go out and win some costume contests!

Kevin Hickman

I have to say this suit looks perfect. It fit's you perfectly, the weathering is perfect, electronics are perfect...

Fantastic job. I think this could be my new favourite "vanilla" suit on the 405th. (And by vanilla I just mean basic Master Chief suit. It's not simple or plain in any sense, but it's the standard. And you sir have set the bar for the standard very high)

*UPDATE* .. some more pics ;)

071.jpg

077.jpg

0703.jpg

I really like the thick look of it if that makes sense. On alot of pep suits the armor still looks thin, undersized and easily breakable. Yours just seems to have a heavy duty look to it like it's the real thing, and thats what sets it apart from many of the other suits on the boards. I can say without a doubt this is just about the best MK VI I've seen here, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back