Please Lock, Moved To Noob Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely brilliant. This will probably save me days of frustration and head banging. I'll be trying it myself soon. Thank you!

This will truly help those who can't scale properly. ;)

As for me, I've been using this scaling method for my weapons, and it works great when scaling in MS Paint. ^^

Thanks guys.

Any improvements needed? Would you like anything better explained?

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.

Also, mods, any chance of getting a sticky on this? Im prety sure a lot of new members would like to use this scaling option.

CHEERS!

Three words: I love you.

Ive been saying that alot lately, hope im not mushing out, lol.

Well I love you even more than usual because we are the same height, im doing the same model, so I basically had to get the last number if im doing the helmet :p

One question however. If Im doing the Bicep, can I use the same number? I used the number (28, althought i had to convert it millimeters because thats what Pep Designer uses for height). Do i insert that number where it says "Scale" or where it says "Height". When I put it into where it says Height, the piece ends up being way too big. Should I put it where it says Scale instead?

Damarius101 said:
Three words: I love you.

Ive been saying that alot lately, hope im not mushing out, lol.

Well I love you even more than usual because we are the same height, im doing the same model, so I basically had to get the last number if im doing the helmet :p

One question however. If Im doing the Bicep, can I use the same number? I used the number (28, althought i had to convert it millimeters because thats what Pep Designer uses for height). Do i insert that number where it says "Scale" or where it says "Height". When I put it into where it says Height, the piece ends up being way too big. Should I put it where it says Scale instead?

You have to manually measure the height of the bicep and the height of the person in the picture you're looking at. Go print out the same picture XtremeTactics did, and follow his instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
God, Thank you! This is one of the best scaling threads i know! (I don't really understand the old sticky) Why isn't this stickyfied? Thank you!

Will this work for any armor and any permutation and any piece of the armor?

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
If your following my instructions perfactly, you calculate the height of the piece, and you put that number into the height section.

Haha, I realized too late that I had forgot about measuring the individual piece. Thanks for the reminder!

Yea it will work with every armour type. As long as you have a full picture of the armour you are going to make that has all of the parts, it should work. Like I said, it has worked for all of my ODST costume so far, my Hayabusa helmet, and a bynch of Mark 6 armour.

Also, If you realy like this scaling tutorial, say "I" and lets see if we can get it stickyed.

Yes, I know there are many stickies at the moment, but when you go to The Official Pepakura Scaling Thread, Im sure many people are tired of looking through 22 pages of questions, and few answers. People want to know how to scale, not what scales other people used.

Also, Although I have typed this basic tutorial out in about 7 other threads, nobody realy sees it because the topic may not be worth looking at. That is why I would like to see this stickied. Its common sence. You don't just tell everybody to look at the scaling thread, and they get nothing from it. You are supposed to help people. This thread is a form of direct help. It cuts through pages of "junk" that you can only use to scale a certan persons files, and gets straight to the point.

Very nice method you have. I wont work for me. Im alot taller than my girlfriend but her legs are longer than mine. So im having to scale everything individually because of my short arms and short legs. But im sure this will work for 95% of the people here. Good job.

I need help!My picture's hight was 21.8cm, and my height is 160cm......then I did the work, and I got higher scale than you did. Is that suppose to happen? sorry I'm not good with the math.

By my calculations, you should of gotten the scale of 7.7 (If you add 8cm to your height to make up for the boots being worn, and the extra height of the helmet added, and leaving some room for you to grow - This=168cm height). Now, using 7.7, multiply that by the height of the armour piece in the picture, and there is the height of your armour. 7.7x__=__.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
#1-If you are still growing up (Getting taller) here is a warning: PLEASE scale the armour a few cm taller then you are now! When you have finished the costume, you will be abled to fit into it, and it shouldn't be too small.

#2-Also, if you use this scaling method, make sure before you scale, add 2-3cm to your height to make up for the height the helmet adds. Doe example, If im 175cm tall, I would use 178cm as my height. But since im growing, I would say I am 183cm tall.

You should probably edit this into the first post so people dont' have to look down the page to see it. And when you say add 2-3 cm, do you mean that I should do that FOR ALL THE PARTS? Thanks for the info! So, being the same height as you are, but probably not growing anymore (lol, too many AP classes and not enough sleep :p), I should stick to about 180cm for my height to scale with?

If you are still growing up, add 8-10cm to your height. If your not, add 3-5cm to your height. For example, If your 170cmtall and your not growing at all anymore, then just say you are 175cm tall. BUT, if you are making a Hayabusa helmet, add 10-12cm to your height because of the spikes at the top of the helmet, and the bottem of the boots you will be wearing. DO NOT add 2-3cm to the height of each piece!

EDIT: Tutorial has been tweeked with my information in one of my other postes. Now, mods, I know you said stop with the sticky requests, but could you take a serious look at it, and tell me what could be added/taken away to make it possibly sticky worthy?

Thanks!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
If you are still growing up, add 8-10cm to your height. If your not, add 3-5cm to your height. For example, If your 170cmtall and your not growing at all anymore, then just say you are 175cm tall. BUT, if you are making a Hayabusa helmet, add 10-12cm to your height because of the spikes at the top of the helmet, and the bottom of the boots you will be wearing. DO NOT add 2-3cm to the height of each piece!

EDIT: Tutorial has been tweeked with my information in one of my other postes. Now, mods, I know you said stop with the sticky requests, but could you take a serious look at it, and tell me what could be added/taken away to make it possibly sticky worthy?

Thanks!

Cool thanks. And this seems to be very sticky worthy, just throwing that out there. Ive looked everywhere and haven't been able to find a straight answer about scaling that works for all armor types and creators. In this one thread that hasn't even reached a full page in length, I have. Aw cmon, will one more needed sticky break the forums? :p

Another question: I just fixed the scale, (had to go up instead of down, AND I had to convert centimeters to millimeters because thats what Pep Designer uses now) but the pieces must have gotten too big because they went off the pages they were assigned to. Should I just rearrange the pieces? (Something is telling me that Im going to using alot of paper for this...)

yep, re-arrange the pieces to fit on the page. If one piece is to big, just "cut" it in half, and place the 2 new pieces on the page/2 seperate pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back