Pooper At Video Games Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooper

EDIT: Found a video of the costume contest I was in at Video Games Live... I don't take credit for the video. Skip ahead to 2:50 to see it. Enjoy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kg2OoQj3ww[/media]

I was at the Video Games Live in the Bell Auditorium on September 25th and had a blast! Video Games Live does tours/shows based on video game music from Super Mario to Halo all over the world. I never thought they’d stop in lil ol Augusta in my life time. But hey, they did! I brought my Link AR with me but they told me "no weapons" so I didn't have it on the first half of the show.

I was part of the costume contest, which I won Second place because the judge couldn’t decide between me and a little boy dressed as Mario. But hey, I’m glad the boy won (I have a video of the contest that I need to post).

Well, turns out they liked my costume so much they wanted me as a part of their show! They wanted me to bring my AR so HA! They even wanted my contact info incase they’re ever in Augusta to have me perform with them again.

I must of had over a hundred photos taken of me by fans and signed over fifty autographs! Now I know what it’s like to be Mickey Mouse in Disney.

Here's a you tube video someone posted with me as part of the show. Not a good distance, but all I can find until the VGL guys post the event at their website (if they do). I’m the Second Spartan that runs out with the Assault Rifle (the first guy, Brain, was in Rubies armor). You can skip to 2:40 to see me on the right screen first and then me not run so good. Yeah, I had almost 90 seconds of fame. Not much of a video but all I could find.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVv3jJe-pNY[/media]

That’s all I can find so far until they post everything on their website. I just wanted to share this with y'all. It's an awesome show, and I recommend for you to go watch it.

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

792067.jpg

Liq said:
the mario suit is cool and all, but you got robbed haha.

Lol, that's what everyone there told me... But I didn't mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Awesome. Glad you had a good time! The the Mario thing...You win!

Now the chance to run up and around the stage with VGL is awesome!!!! I think we all would love a opportunity to even go let alone go up on stage! And did I spy a Rubies beside you? What? Was that their backup or did they happen to find you 2nd before that guy!

Looking great!! Thank for the represent! GO POOPER!! GO 405TH!!!

PS. Do you have any more pics we can look at?

Man, I gotta go again next time they're in Los Angeles. I went once before, but I was way in the back. I wasn't dressed up then, but I should definitely have a completed MkVI by then. :D

Lol Pooper you made an epic appearance :D

Hey Hero we should go the next time the VGL comes to LA :D

Thanks guys!

One think I wanted to add is that on the contest judging, the audience where the ones basically judging who has the best costume by the amount of screams, and the judge on stage determines who was voted with the most screams. It was pretty even for over 3 mins and he couldn't determine who was the clear winner, until he turned to the orchestra and they yelled mario.

But like I said before, I didn't mind. I'm a good sport about it... thanks for the support though guys! :)

@ Jedi: I don't have any more pics because my niece kept getting pushed out the way by fans wanting to take my picture. I can't find anymore on the net... :( There where some really funny ones with me and my AR.

@ Soulless and Oreo: Yeah, if you two have the chance to go, GO! :)

@ Jswift: You leave an hour away? Cool! Somebody close by. I didn't see a lot of advertisement for it, so that's probably why you didn't know... Hopefully they will be back next year.

@ IronKamakaze and Spartan 343: Thanks Guys! :D

Aww Pooper thats a fantastic video! Hahaa that music always gives me goosebumps, I bet it was amazing to be up there on stage! Congrats man, that was great! Shame about the judging, but hey, I bet it was worth it just to be up there! :]

Thanks gal (femalespartan)! :)

Yeah, it was great running on stage like that. Thank god I didn't run off the stage though, my visor started to fog up. :p

They'll be in Nashville in 2010, guess the TN peeps will have to get together for that :) This is awesome though...wonder if they'd let an ODST run up there?

Anyway, the vids awesome. Got any more pics for us to look at?

kokujo17 said:
Very cool I must say & lol mario must of got the best of you in the pic you have(your shin ;) ).

lol yeah, I've been having problems with that shin. When I get to it on my new old, I already know how to correct that problem.

Kaya Tetsu said:
They'll be in Nashville in 2010, guess the TN peeps will have to get together for that :) This is awesome though...wonder if they'd let an ODST run up there?

Anyway, the vids awesome. Got any more pics for us to look at?

Kaya, it'll be awesome if you can go! I'm sure they'll let an ODST run on stage too. Yeah, those are not my vids, I just happen to find them. As for more pictures, Those were all I can find. I know there's many more with me and my AR acting like I was shooting at them, melee them, etc. Can't find them though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol thanks mac! and glad I can inspire someone. :pI've come to realize that as long as you have enough room for you to move your joints, it should be okay. I'm going to build my lower half too. Also keep in mind that the lower half you see on the video/pics is my old hot glue method thighs and shins, and it flexes some. The cod is fiberglassed, but I've got more mobility with the fiberglass cod than the hot glue one! So who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back