Possible popular prop?... Be ready to build =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, the kid was expecting Blinkey to do something it was never intended to do, except in his mind. This short is amazingly deep. Obviously though, the manufacturers did not program Issac Asimov's laws of robotics into blinky... epic fail. I wonder how many people Blinky got until he got taken down?

Of course, the kid was expecting Blinkey to do something it was never intended to do, except in his mind. This short is amazingly deep. Obviously though, the manufacturers did not program Issac Asimov's laws of robotics into blinky... epic fail. I wonder how many people Blinky got until he got taken down?
Yeah, I was just about to say, man, Asimov's First Law of Robotics. I mean, in an adaptive AI, isn't that the first consideration a programmer's gonna make. (I mean, even as a joke, code is code!)

I mean, even Mo Ye, a military-use smart AI couldn't disobey the Laws of Robotics without her entire processing matrix accessible, and that's because those AI don't run on line commands like Blinky appears to. (Refinement to a system where commands don't access a linear input parameter essentially eliminates that kind of logic error.)

In any case, I need to do something to forget this, because the smell of spaghetti fills my nostrils. It's been months since we cooked any.

that was really weird and scary, i say build it but very creepy, like forgedreclaimer said iam not going to buy one of these when they come out, i think that is why no one should every buy a robot because when mistaken word they will keep and they will actually do it so i don't like robots very much anymore but i think that it would still be cool to build

yeah if the parts were not fighting all the time he would have never acted the way he did to the robot, but then again dont forget Damian in the Omen movie that kid was just srewed from the get go...lol

"My name is blinky, and I want to be your friend!"

I have to say that film was excellent, I'd seen it before, now im reminded of it.

WARRGH!

Crap... I'm not eating meatballs for some time now!

Robots are not necessarily bad, blinky didn't malfunction, the kid confused it and blinkey did exactly what he commanded. It's like handing a loaded gun to a kid. point it the right way, you have a fine instrument. Point it the wrong way, and someone's going to get hurt. A gun doesn't understand when you're kidding or not. It's a machine, just like a robot.

Crap... I'm not eating meatballs for some time now!

Robots are not necessarily bad, blinky didn't malfunction, the kid confused it and blinkey did exactly what he commanded. It's like handing a loaded gun to a kid. point it the right way, you have a fine instrument. Point it the wrong way, and someone's going to get hurt. A gun doesn't understand when you're kidding or not. It's a machine, just like a robot.
Computers do what you tell them to, not what you want them to. And, at the very base of it, if the code for the Blinky AI was written better, it would have had a restriction, as per Asimov's First Law, that would have prevented it from getting a power bread knifeandkillingtheentirefamilyandatleasttwocopsohgod ;_;

It would certainly help for prop building, but if i wake up with that scary thing looking at me i'm.....OH SNAP HES GOT A KNIFE RUN!

HOLY ROBIN'S EGGS

thats the only thing you find creepy?
Tayl0r is its creator ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lol! So you found out huh? Well, wanna come over and have dinner w/ Blinky and I? Alone, no windows sound proof walls.... Well do ya?

TBH though, I actually made a post in the 2nd or 3rd page saying how I think robots with a happy, kind, polite tone of voice always seem a bit off. Maybe its because shows I've seen where robots turn on their makers always to seem to be programmed with a submissive, polite tone of voice and behavior.. Plus I really wouldn't like to wake up seeing a big grinning face staring at me. I'd rather take that robot walking on the sidewalk. I'd get Blinky, no problem. IF they shove the law of robotics into it first.

It may just be me, or maybe its the fact that a lot of movies portray robots getting "emotions" turning on us and wiping us out because they find us "inferior" that has a few people uneasy about making robots with high intelligence. I'd like to have a robot help around the house....or maybe even fold and score my pepakura pieces.

Lol armor building robot.

The beauty of robots is, no matter how advanced they become, they're still computers, and they're still subject to commands, in order of the last command parsed. So, given that an AI isn't allowed to modify its source code, just yell at it, in terror, to execute its shutdown command, and it dies xD

You know what? This makes me want a protocol droid. BECAUSE C-3PO NEVER TRIED TO KILL ANYONE.

The beauty of robots is, no matter how advanced they become, they're still computers, and they're still subject to commands, in order of the last command parsed. So, given that an AI isn't allowed to modify its source code, just yell at it, in terror, to execute its shutdown command, and it dies xD

You know what? This makes me want a protocol droid. BECAUSE C-3PO NEVER TRIED TO KILL ANYONE.

But his on and on commentary would drive me insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back