Rabbit's build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the low def chest:
LowDefChest.jpg

Fits perfect, going to use the dimensions and start my HD chest.

Chest looks great. Would you recommend doing the low def stuff first then HD for pep work? How reliable are the sizing tutorials?

Very nice! Goodluck with the HD pep, although with the pepping skills you have it should look great :)
Chest looks great. Would you recommend doing the low def stuff first then HD for pep work? How reliable are the sizing tutorials?
The sizing tutorial worked really good for me, that chest was my first attempt and it fit perfectly on me. One thing that I noticed though for the chest piece is the FlyingSquirrel model is rotated 90 degrees, the "width" on the model is actually the front to back depth of the model. So make sure you use the 3d measurement tool in pep to see that the measurements you want are what you're actually getting. So, bottom line, sizing tutorial works, just make sure that you're using it in the correct way on the model.

I fit the low def chest on to 22 pages. I didn't use some of the parts, the neck area, and the area above the ribcage was left out. I was playing around with rearranging parts on the HD chest and the best I could do was 41 pages (including supports). Why do you ask?

I fit the low def chest on to 22 pages. I didn't use some of the parts, the neck area, and the area above the ribcage was left out. I was playing around with rearranging parts on the HD chest and the best I could do was 41 pages (including supports). Why do you ask?

I was just wondering. I'm considering starting my chest piece. (female)

I was just wondering. I'm considering starting my chest piece. (female)
There's some good info in this thread related to the female specific pieces. Doing the chest piece has been the most enjoyable pep piece so far for me.
Ok cool. Just wondering, but which sizing tutorial did you use?
I used HaloGoddess' tutorial here. I read through a bunch of different ones, but that one seemed to make the most sense.

There's some good info in this thread related to the female specific pieces. Doing the chest piece has been the most enjoyable pep piece so far for me.

I used HaloGoddess' tutorial here. I read through a bunch of different ones, but that one seemed to make the most sense.

Awesome. Is it hard to make the chest? it looks like its fairly easy because of all the large pieces.

Awesome. Is it hard to make the chest? it looks like its fairly easy because of all the large pieces.
I'd say it's less difficult than the helmet. The big pieces let you knock out large chunks of the model quickly, but it also has the little bits that add detail.

How you're doing with the HD-chest? It's the last piece I have to do, there are so many (small) parts, headache ahead! :D
May I ask what size you used on the helmet?

To everyone in this thread who is about to start their own project I would recommend doing the LD testing-files by Mr.Oreo first. They are basically simplified LD-files with about 50% less folds. The files are here (Mirror) You can build a whole armor easily within a few days (just pepped of course ;)), then use it as reference for scaling the HD files.

Well, I just started printing it last night, soooo I'm not too far along...

The helmet that is fiberglassed is 275mm height FlyingSquirrel model.

I really didn't get much done today...
HDChestday1.jpg

Some super glue kind of exploded over the right breast. Fortunately I didn't lose any skin to it. I'm hoping to have the entire top of the model pepped by tomorrow night.

looks awsome! really nice and neat! i can never get my folds so clean >,<
Very nice. Whats the trick to getting the folds nice and clean? Most of my helmets I've made are all really warped.

The trick is to go over the folding lines with the x-acto knife, use a ruler to draw straight lines, just hold it down very very softly, so you don't cut it off. (using thicker paper would be an asset) As a noob you can use a pencil, but with the knife it's much cleaner.

faltlinien.JPG

Clean folds are guaranteed

The helmet that is fiberglassed is 275mm height FlyingSquirrel model.
Thanks, I scaled it with 278mm, but I have the feeling it may be too small. I mean it's just the right size, if I was able to get my head through :/, maybe I have to cut off the back part and I'll somehow be able to wear it.

I really didn't get much done today...
Some super glue kind of exploded over the right breast. Fortunately I didn't lose any skin to it.

Haha, that happend to me too, nevermind. I like the idea of writing your name on the chest. :D I saved a lot pics here on the forum for inspiring reasons. With a name on the piece you could easily find the corresponding thread just in case you need more information. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back