Rachciav's Boot And Odst Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
QuikJake said:
loooks like an awesome build to me keep up the great work!! :D (y)

Skullcandy Girl said:
You're doing a wonderful job Rachiav :D

thanks! im sure you can appreciate just how hard it is to work with aqua resin. :rolleyes

oh and just wondering is anyone going to new york comic-con or VGXPO?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinister Shadow said:
looks like it could use some sanding, buts so far so good!!!

thanks i found it really hard to get rid of some spots even with tons of sanding and re-bondoing so i decided to use
the imperfections as battle damage and when its painted i think it looks pretty good. the pictures of course dont
do the armor any justice

ok so i havent updated much because ive been busy building frantically only 6 days till Halloween and i just finished the master chief costume. i still have to finish the marine costume.
and yes i know i have no gloves or vents or lights. i still need to add those and do minor trims to make walking easier.

armorpics014-2.jpg

armorpics023.jpg

armorpics020-1.jpg

armorpics016-1.jpg

armorpics015-1.jpg

armorpics021.jpg

armorpics022.jpg

sorry the pics are alittle blurry. i didnt take them. but tell me how it looks. i still have six days to fix it.

you're definitely going to want to adjust your thigh strapping, i can see the slack and i know you'll have issues with the thigh hitting your knee plate. Looks really good though.

Another idea. if you can adjust the cod/ diaper whatever you want to call it, you can move it up a little to lessen the gap between your chest and diaper. But that's up to you and your level of comfort. Great job! Have someone else take pictures for you so we can get the full effect ;)

Very nice dude. I would suggest tightening the belt piece and wearing it a bit high, but overall good work.

- Adulese

quote: you're definitely going to want to adjust your thigh strapping, i can see the slack and i know you'll have issues with the thigh hitting your knee plate.

yea i noticed that problem already. i cut out a little more behind the thighs and shins. which should make it easier to walk but the thighs dont go much higher on me. im not sure if thats because i padded them too much.

quote: Another idea. if you can adjust the cod/ diaper whatever you want to call it, you can move it up a little to lessen the gap between your chest and diaper

i tried that and my diaper piece is just not strong enough i kind of did a rushed job on it so it doesnt support as much weight as id like it to. its definatly something im going to redo for comic-con. i need to fix the strapping.

quote: Have someone else take pictures for you so we can get the full effect

yea that was my boyfriend taking pics (blame him :D )

quote:Very nice dude. I would suggest tightening the belt piece and wearing it a bit high

yea like i said above. i screwed up on the strapping all it really is, is one clip on either side and one small bicicle helmet clip holding up each thigh. its not very strong. and its dudette, but i accept dude :p

quote: Looking good so far. Good luck with getting the marine armor done.

:rolleyes ive got a long 4 days ahead of me...... i still need to bondo everything!

Very well done, I hope mine turns out this good! I do think you should add some weathering with Adam's tutorial before comic-con though.

quote: Very well done, I hope mine turns out this good! I do think you should add some weathering with Adam's tutorial before comic-con though.

thanks. and yea i did add weathering with the same technique as adam, you probably cant see it in the horrible quality pictures my camera is only 4.1 mega pixels. and the lighting is horrible. but i promise more pics soon probably a few from Halloween.speaking of comic con though is anyone going to the one in new york i know a few people live near by...or how about VGXPO its in Philadelphia....anyone?

anyway here's pics of the reworked thigh strapping. tell me what you think.

armorpics004-1.jpg

what i did is took an old black belt i found, tore the straps off the spartan diaper and attached them to the new belt, which is stronger and i can wear higher. and now i can move the spartan diaper to the desired height to make the correct difference between diaper and chest.

well i put it in the place first then hot glued the edges. it got all over the place and ruined parts of the visor. and my fingers but it works.

if you would like, we can hook up when you go to comic con. I live here in NYC and i can help find cheap places to stay and you can come hang out with the 501st after the con. Its a guaranteed party! By then i may have my master chief on its way (but not completed so i definitely would love to talk halo. PM me if you want my info.

oh and dont worry about the adjustments and stuff too much. As you learn early in costuming, nothing is ever fully completed. You look great!

Looks hot rachiav you've been working very hard :D MC Thighs = NOt fun to walk in or strap, having a behind and thighs. Excellent work though girly!

Yo Yo, more NYC is the house ;D

As I understand the codpiece should be up at about navel-height. That might help you with getting some space up for your thighs.

vadersfist said:
if you would like, we can hook up when you go to comic con. I live here in NYC and i can help find cheap places to stay and you can come hang out with the 501st after the con. Its a guaranteed party! By then i may have my master chief on its way (but not completed so i definitely would love to talk halo. PM me if you want my info.

oh and dont worry about the adjustments and stuff too much. As you learn early in costuming, nothing is ever fully completed. You look great!

ummm what do you mean by hook up? :/

Skullcandy Girl said:
Looks hot rachiav you've been working very hard :D MC Thighs = NOt fun to walk in or strap, having a behind and thighs. Excellent work though girly!

Yo Yo, more NYC is the house ;D

Crucible said:
As I understand the codpiece should be up at about navel-height. That might help you with getting some space up for your thighs.

yea i still have a few problems with the thigh and spartan diaper pieces hitting but its good enough.

smilie120 said:
Woah! This came out GREAT! And fast! :) Kudo's.

thanks and ive been working on it since january but didnt put a wip thread till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back