Rachciav's Boot And Odst Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachciav

ok so heres my progress so far, im planning on making a set of mark VI, and marine armor, as well as an AR, and SR.
im using aqua resin instead of normal resin.
pics....

armorpics016.jpg

marine chest
armorpics015.jpg

helmet
armorpics014.jpg

helmet 2
armorpics013.jpg

heel of shoe
armorpics012.jpg

front of spartan diaper
armorpics009.jpg

marine shoulder
armorpics008.jpg

spartan shoulder
armorpics007.jpg

spartan gut plate
armorpics006.jpg

spartan back
armorpics005.jpg

spartan front
armorpics004.jpg

handplates
armorpics003.jpg

SR
armorpics002.jpg

SR 2
armorpics001.jpg

gauntlet

and ive been having a problem fitting the visor in the helmet this is whats happening
armorpics011.jpg

any suggestions?

Could use some weatering. but otherwise it looks great! Some members need to trim thier visor a little bit, because the HJC visors dont fit perfectly into the Mark VI.

Overlord_Ian said:
Could use some weatering. but otherwise it looks great! Some members need to trim thier visor a little bit, because the HJC visors dont fit perfectly into the Mark VI.

yea the ones that are painted green havent been weathered yet. i just couldnt resist painting them the day i bought the paint. and i tried trimming the visor down the suggested amount, and it still wont fit. im afraid to bend it too much cause it'll probably snap. does anyone know how much these things flex?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know its off topic but how long did all the paper folding and gluing take because I want to make some for Halloween but havent started

Dc7423 said:
I know its off topic but how long did all the paper folding and gluing take because I want to make some for Halloween but havent started

:/ id have to say good luck. ive been on doing this project since january and this is how far i got. but if you speed build you might be able to get most of it. maybe if you do the non crucial pieces in low detail you can do it. the chest took me one straight day of building i literaly didnt stop for meals, not to mention the cutting and folding. other pieces arent as detailed but if you figure two or three pieces a week and lose your social life, i think youll be able to finish. not the best quality but still. itll be a learning experience.

really quick question >< i know its off topic but i have to know, is cardstock 110lbs weight the same thing as pep? i went to walmart and im about to start right now, i dont want to waste the ink so yeah.. XP sorry, i jus want to start right now

i dont really understand your question. do you mean is 110 lb paper what you should use for pep? if so then yes, thats what i used

yeah >< sorry dude. btw very nice man, it looks like you dont have much left. with fall break and everything im sure itll be done by halloween... oh course this is coming from the new guy :p but still, nice armor. ive been trying to figure out how to make an SR by surfing the forums, yours is pretty much what im going for. not sure what im gonna make it out of though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fenrir IX @ Sep 27 2008, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah >< sorry dude. btw very nice man, it looks like you dont have much left. with fall break and everything im sure itll be done by halloween... oh course this is coming from the new guy :p but still, nice armor</div>

its ok if you ever have any questions feel free to ask.
if only i had a fall break.....i hardly get any days off of school. and i only consider myself halfway done. this is going to be a long month.

rachciav said:
its ok if you ever have any questions feel free to ask.
if only i had a fall break.....i hardly get any days off of school. and i only consider myself halfway done. this is going to be a long month.
ouch no fall break >< we only hav a week here, but hey, jus think. when your done you can freak out your friends and other people ^^ take a camera and post the pics of their faces lol :p

we get winter break...too bad thats after Halloween... :cautious:
yea i cant wait to see peoples reactions when i go places in it.

rachciav said:
we get winter break...too bad thats after Halloween... :cautious:
yea i cant wait to see peoples reactions when i go places in it.
thats the one thing im really looking forward to is going to the mall or movies in this or walmart XD itll be great. and at my school they hav character day which is odd for highschool but whatever (it was last wednsday) and im gonna be mc nxt year and see how that turns out :)

good luck man, dont give up

Fenrir IX said:
thats the one thing im really looking forward to is going to the mall or movies in this or walmart XD itll be great. and at my school they hav character day which is odd for highschool but whatever (it was last wednsday) and im gonna be mc nxt year and see how that turns out :)

good luck man, dont give up
good luck with your costume too :D

TacticalPanda said:
Awesome job man, what scale is the marine chest at?
thanks. im actualy not sure what i scaled it at...i just measured from armpit to armpit and added a few cms for padding. ill measure it asap though.

xXBattle RifleXx said:
what pep files did you use for the marine armor?
some from trebattle and some from garland. i believe the chest is trebattle

woot update! 10/6

ok so i painted and sanded a few pieces

armorpics011-1.jpg

gauntlet number one

armorpics012-1.jpg

spartan diaper

armorpics013-1.jpg

handplate(s) (i only took a pic of one)

armorpics014-1.jpg

gauntlet number two

armorpics018.jpg

thigh

armorpics020.jpg

thigh

the armor really comes together once its painted. please post comments, criticism, and questions
sorry for the bad pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back