Reach ending scene/credits/etc. discussion *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's going on the part where Jorge refers to Halsey as "Mom." While not his biological mother, Halsey is something of a mother figure to Jorge and the other Spartan-IIs. They were abducted when they were what, 5? Halsey did pretty much raise them.

And Miranda is Halsey's daughter? Where does it say that? I can't believe I missed a detail like THAT. . .

I think he's going on the part where Jorge refers to Halsey as "Mom." While not his biological mother, Halsey is something of a mother figure to Jorge and the other Spartan-IIs. They were abducted when they were what, 5? Halsey did pretty much raise them.

And Miranda is Halsey's daughter? Where does it say that? I can't believe I missed a detail like THAT. . .

Halsey's journal is chocked full of interesting tidbits like that - I'm actually going to go back through it and see if I can make any connections from the scribbles and drawings...

In one of the cutscenes, Jorge calls Halsey "Mom". If you read the books (And you stated you have) then you would know that the SPARTAN II's referred to Halsey as "Mom" quite often. Because Halsey was the "mother" of the SPARTAN II program, its kind of fitting.

Also, not accusing you of anything DogWizard. Its just a correction/explanation.

Jorge was my hero! It broke my heart when he died :(
Anyways I'm gonna have to say my opinion that I want to believe that 6 is alive, and his helmet lying on the ground can't account for much considering he threw it away... but then again you see the elite raise his arm for the killing blow, and who'd be there to save him in the miliseconds that ensued? Anyway... it could go either way.

Hated the campaign- Lone Wolf was the the only redeemer; Jun is out there with Halsey AND If you watch CLOSELY the cutscene with 6 cuts before he's EVER ACTUALLY STABBED!!! Go back and watch it again :D
My thoughts: DLC with Jun and 6, probably something to do with Castle Base or whatev its called. But Yeah... hated the campaign- didnt feel like Halo and I felt no sympathy towards any of the characters... even laughed when Kat got shot (And to to those confused, the radiation spike from whatever went off, I assume it was a nuke in an attempt to rid the city of ground forces or a slipspace rupture- either way, took out all their shields)
So yeah, theres my thoughts

In one of the cutscenes, Jorge calls Halsey "Mom". If you read the books (And you stated you have) then you would know that the SPARTAN II's referred to Halsey as "Mom" quite often. Because Halsey was the "mother" of the SPARTAN II program, its kind of fitting.

Also, not accusing you of anything DogWizard. Its just a correction/explanation.

That would make sense, because the rest of noble are Sparatn IIIs and Jorge is the only II there. Plus Carter threatened Halsey and Kat hates Her, plus Jun, Emile and 6 Said nothing, So i guess thats it, pretty cool, i think any way.

At DW, in regards to Keyes and Halsey, I was thinking it was closer to when they happened to bump into each other when she was at the conference, although I would have to check dates...

I loved the gam e, but I was sadly disappointed that there is no legendary ending that can be easily found. Overall I would give a 10/10.
And just wondering if anybody nows that there are 2 missing pages in Dr.Halseys journal and what they were

At DW, in regards to Keyes and Halsey, I was thinking it was closer to when they happened to bump into each other when she was at the conference, although I would have to check dates...

You nailed it - Miranda was born in 2525 and Halsey ran into Keyes at the conference in November, 2524. While not explicitly stated, the math works... ;)

I heard on the Bungie.net forums that you have to complete the campaign on legendary with all skulls on.
Just speculation.
I also read somewhere that in one of the Halo novels, Dr.Halsey refers to a guardian and that he dies. Maybe Jun?
A campaign DLC would be cool :p Hopefully we don't have to pay for it, that would make some people mad lol I personally LOVED the ending, the music, just walking around and seeing dead spartans on the ground ( appearently it's supposed to give the illusion of "Spartans never die, they're just missing in action") and that you join them after ;P
I wish we atleast saw John board the ship or something, fighting off covenant, everyone is fighting and John is just sleeping? lol
unless there's a good reason from his previous mission. I also found it corny that Dr.Hasley made Noble Six "say the words" when she gave him/her Cortana. Why him? Would she of picked Noble Six if MasterChief died? or if Noble Six survived?
I also LOVED how they sort of redid the intro to Halo 1.
plus, the AI SUCKED! I just walked through the whole thing, they couldn't drive, so I wouldnt be able to get a clear shot, and they can't shoot so I'd die almost instantly.

I personally loved the game. I never was much for replaying halo games and didn't buy halo 3 and odst i didn't finish. i was rather disappointed with it except for firefight. But reach........ REEEEEEEACHHHH.... :D I'm in love with this one. JORGE! I only wish you could play as Jorge. and you can get his armor except unless its hidden you cant change the shin armor apparently. :( Plus i cant get Jorges chain gun either. sadface. but thats what pepakuras for, right? I kind of liked the lone wolf mission at the end. as for the other spartans around the map, reach is where the spartans were. i dont think noble team were the only spartans on reach. my guess is theyre just other spartans who died during the glassing. but thats just speculation. maybe the folks behind the game wanted to show off other armor combinations or something. who knows? my only gripe is that i played online at my cousins house and now i can't get any points to level up or buy armor with. and i'm nearly to warrant officer! SO mad! (the level where you are able to unlock grenadier armor.) I don't have hi speed internet or gold anymore so i guess im screwed till i can spend some time levelling up at my cousins house and buy a gold membership. oh well. rant over. and the whole diary pages missing worried me a bit (and my lil bro when he read it) until i saw the packaging content list or whatever and it made a note of the missing pages. anyways. im done. NEXT!

Jorge is still my favorite Noble. I think his death was the best one too, pointless almost, but he did die thinking he had just saved the planet so it was a good death for him. It makes me want to finish the helmet I have sitting in my garage.

my favorite part in the entire campagne is when Dr. Halsey totally verbally abuses Carter:

"orders? are you a puppet or a Spartan?"

I was like OH SNAP!

It said *Major Spoilers* in the Thread name, and also if it says "Reach ending" then DON'T READ! Sorry to sound rude but... Kinda sad if you enter thread that is obviously has Spoilers and you say Stop with the Spoilers.

Maverick, if you got a laptop with wireless internet connection you can use that to get on live, thats what i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back