Reach foam armor and Pilot helmet wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
That helmets looking awesome, and very cool to see someone else bondoing in the same way I do, thin coats over sections at a time rather than all at once. Kinda re-assuring to see I'm not being daft lol. Can't wait to see it all visored up!

Im going to vac form the visor and tint it black! i think i can vac form using plexi glass, but i dont know... but ill try it.

Try looking about for some decent thermoplastics. I'm not sure which would be best, but there's a tutorial about on how to tint your own visor here on the 405th that might serve you some use.

thought this might help for making your visor

THANKS! this helps a lot!! and thank you all for the positive feedback!! I will look into thermal plastics also! I now have the black out tint that people use to black out headlights, and i hope to use it for the visor - it would look legit black! GO AUBURN!!

Last edited by a moderator:
omg your foam armor is so beutyful i want it

and an advice the you can make out the visor with vacuum forming please use black acrylic
another advice inside of the helmet put on a skull mask :D haunted helmet

Thank you all for all the positive feedback! i havent had time to do anything on the helm because of verious reasons, but hopefully today i can do some sandin! i dont know if i will dremel the groves into the visor, ill have to decide when i get to that step in the prosses. i might put some attachments onto it, but again, we'll see! thanks again for all the positive feedback!

Brad

wow this is looking good, i was hoping to see how you did the visor for the second helmet lol, the paint job is awesome, keep up the great work

Are you talking about the odst helmet? if you are, you just get a motorcycle visor and cut it out into 2 parts using a paper stencle.
then, i just hot glued the visor in!
IMG_0561-1.jpg

IMG_0561-1.jpg

Just totally amazing stuff. I'm going to try some Dead Space armor as that for the most part is straight pieces, with not a ton of things to cut out. Anyways, did you glue together parts to make rounded shapes, or were you able to bend the foam into the correct shape and keep it that way? (Pretty much, how did you do that neck protector on the chest piece?)

Wow man, I am continuously astounded by how amazingly real foam builds can look!

I love what you did with the paint, looks really authentic 8D

Nice build! The paintball under armoring youre using is PERFECT for a reach build! It has the basic bumps and stuff for details and also the shoulder buckles for when u make and wanna attach the shoulders.

Epic.

This is extreme! I love the work you did on the Reach armor. Awsome crudeness in the shapes and paint texture. Just as a side note I'm taking forever on my EVA pep to! Kinda crazy though.

Simply amazing, man. It never would have even occured to me that you could make this stuff out of foam before I saw these threads. Truly impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back