Reach foam armor and Pilot helmet wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some really amazing stuff here folks. I am shocked how well these items can come together using stuff as simple and basic as foam floor plates. I have started testing templates on these plates and am looking forward to posting my own pics here soon. I would like to hear more about the cutting styles people are using, both their devices and chosen methods, as I have noticed that even a very hot Hobbico-Hot Knife still seems to stagger along the inside of the cuts I make, even when moving slowly.

Simply amazing love the pilot helm thats the first one I have seen. I like the color and battle damage

Some really amazing stuff here folks. I am shocked how well these items can come together using stuff as simple and basic as foam floor plates. I have started testing templates on these plates and am looking forward to posting my own pics here soon. I would like to hear more about the cutting styles people are using, both their devices and chosen methods, as I have noticed that even a very hot Hobbico-Hot Knife still seems to stagger along the inside of the cuts I make, even when moving slowly.

Well, i used a band saw and a cut co pair of scissors! it worked great for me

could you show me the EVA helmet images, i am also building one. do you think that using vacuum molding for the visor would be better, or, i have found a different method of molding it. i asked around on the internet, and found that i could use an oven, heat up the plastic, then with my hands, stretch it over the mould into shape. What would you suggest? this is the last obstacle before i can begin adding eva foam for detail.

About the EVA, I decided not to do it and make the Pilot instead. i havent gotten around to asking a moderator to change the title of the thread to pilot instead of EVA. And yes i plan to vac form the visor only idk if youd be able to streach molten plastic over your visor like you sudgested. it could work though! i will be doing the oven heated thing and i will make a vacume table.

Also to all, i have been serching on google and the 405th for referance pictures of a pilot helmet and i cant seem to find any except for frontal pics. if i was good enough at helo, i could buy the helmet but im such a low level that it dosent eve appear as locked on the to buy helmets screen. so if you have time, could someone hap me out and possibly post some if you have some?

Smooth cast 300 is coming today! I can actually now harden my helmet and get started bondoin!! YaY!

dude, i just went through your thread, and i gotta say: you have a VERY sweet build going on here !! i am loving how the foam is making your build look. and i can only imagine that its quite comfortable and doesn't get in the way of range of motion all that much does it ?

man this is amazing work and i too really like all the sirt and stuff, btw where did you get the pilot helmet? but very nice work man! :)

I got the pilot from JTM1997. hes got a thread and everything!

Now i got this paintball chest piece on ebay for 10 dolla!! and it looks Great!!

DSCN2380.jpg

DSCN2382.jpg

DSCN2383.jpg

DSCN2384.jpg

DSCN2386.jpg

And hardened the Pilot with some smooth cast 300

DSCN2376.jpg

DSCN2377.jpg

DSCN2387.jpg

DSCN2389.jpg

DSCN2388.jpg

DSCN2391.jpg

BONDO'S NEXT!!

DSCN2380.jpg

DSCN2382.jpg

DSCN2383.jpg

DSCN2384.jpg

DSCN2386.jpg

DSCN2376.jpg

DSCN2377.jpg

DSCN2387.jpg

DSCN2389.jpg

DSCN2388.jpg

DSCN2391.jpg

Been waiting and waiting and there it is! great progress, not gonna lie I downloaded Jtm's the SECOND I saw the link lol can't wait to see it finished!

Also to all, i have been serching on google and the 405th for referance pictures of a pilot helmet and i cant seem to find any except for frontal pics. if i was good enough at helo, i could buy the helmet but im such a low level that it dosent eve appear as locked on the to buy helmets screen. so if you have time, could someone hap me out and possibly post some if you have some?

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...h-Reference-Thread-*Pic-Heavy-Spoilers*/page3 scroll down towards the bottom and there should be some

You are very skilled. Its crazy how good this look. By the way, how big is the helmet on you? Can you take a picture with it on. DiD you used the default size

How do you change it, i could definately fix a spelling error i made in the title on mine. I forgot a space, : (

very awesome helmet man and thanks for telling me where to find it :) but very nice clean pep work on it too

looks fantastic man, but quick question, how did you get the shoulder plates to curve, or at least stay that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back