Reach foam armor and Pilot helmet wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good I must say.
How many cans of Plastidip did you go through? And what kind of paint are you using for the finish?

I'm curious too!

How many layers of Plastidip did you spray onto the piece?

Thick or thin layers?

Excellent progress so far! Keep posting your progress pics.

Cheers!

I'm curious too!

How many layers of Plastidip did you spray onto the piece?

Thick or thin layers?

Excellent progress so far! Keep posting your progress pics.

Cheers!

I went threw 3 or so cans... it ads up money wise. i sprayed 2 layers on each armor peice. Thick layers.

I'm almost certain someone already asked this but what kind of durability does your foam have? I mean I know it can stand up to paint but how about running and such? I ask because this seems like a cost effective alternative to fiberglass (especially in a college dorm with limited ventilation, and because I know how resin tends to be brittle) and I'm wondering how much abuse it can take? and how many layers you had to use (I remember you saying you layered it a lot somewhere I think...)

Well, this is kinda random, i bought rebound 325, its basically semi-nontoxic resin lol, for your helmet did you layer it?

BTW, did you use bottle caps for the sides? lol:)

Well, this is kinda random, i bought rebound 325, its basically semi-nontoxic resin lol, for your helmet did you layer it?

BTW, did you use bottle caps for the sides? lol:)

Yeah, those are bottle caps!!! YEAHH! i dident use resin on my helmet, i only sudgested it, so i have no idea if u layer it or not. and YES foam is very durrable and takes abuse well.

Thanks! :D good to know...for your helmet how many layers are you planning on doing? one exterior and one interior like you have been? I ask because I'm building a series of foam helmets...Emile, Recon...maybe four other ones...

oh, im not doing a foam helmet, i made it outa pepikura.

Update time!!!!!

I Sanded the visor, its not perfect, but it dosent need to be for vacuume forming. i also started on the molding posses! i use mold builder. its good stuff.

DSCN2456-Copy.jpg

DSCN2457-Copy.jpg

DSCN2458-Copy.jpg

DSCN2459-Copy.jpg

DSCN2462-Copy.jpg

DSCN2464-Copy.jpg

DSCN2468-Copy.jpg

DSCN2469-Copy.jpg

DSCN2470-Copy.jpg

DSCN2456-Copy.jpg

DSCN2457-Copy.jpg

DSCN2458-Copy.jpg

DSCN2459-Copy.jpg

DSCN2462-Copy.jpg

DSCN2464-Copy.jpg

DSCN2468-Copy.jpg

DSCN2469-Copy.jpg

DSCN2470-Copy.jpg

nice build. just currious how much did your latex cost? where did you get it?

edit:

nevermind. i found it.

very cheap stuff. omg this is cheaper than the stuff i was just going t buy!!!

you saved me 50 dollars my friend. =D thank you very much.

nice build. just currious how much did your latex cost? where did you get it?

edit:

nevermind. i found it.

very cheap stuff. omg this is cheaper than the stuff i was just going t buy!!!

you saved me 50 dollars my friend. =D thank you very much.

You! sir are very welcom. i used it on my odst mold and i have pulled 7 casts out of it so far, 2 today, so this stuff is very durrable, just makesure to LAYER AND LAYER!!! you cant put enough on!!

IMG_2317-1.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2354-2.jpg

IMG_2317-1.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2354-2.jpg

Hey Bradinator, I have the same stuff. I use for molding my little MS Kit weapons and to make candles. It'll save ya alot in the long run. I wonder if it'll work on Foam....

Great work...this has inspired me to try new things...hope i can make something decent...keep up the good work...thumbs up to ya

I do not think you can use rondo, but i wouldnt anyway, too much bondo = too expensive, and if you dont put enough on, rondo is quite brittle and will start to break away

Sorry fo the double post!

so i went to lowes, bought some plexiglass for 16 bucks

drove to autozone, bought some fiberglass resin for 16 bucks

drove to o'ryles and bought some black spray tint for 12 bucks

sigh, spent a lot of dinero today. but sadly because of the frenzi of moving, i dident have time to use the fiberglass to finnish the mold. UGG

ill save that for spring break... which is IN 5 DAYS YUHHH.

but i finnishe the latex part of the mold after 2 weeks and 30 bucks of paintin that stuff on. so here it is.

DSCN2491.jpg

DSCN2509.jpg

DSCN2510.jpg

but i was able to get it ready for fiberglass, so all i need to do is slap that stuff on there, and then ill be done!! WOOHOO
DSCN2511.jpg

DSCN2491.jpg

DSCN2509.jpg

DSCN2510.jpg

DSCN2511.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back