Recaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get my canadian military grade weaponry! A slingshot and baby beavers. He's gonna get the worst beaver buffing ever!

you mean the helmet isn't the Vitienrglyps right? he sold like 3 of them one for $510

helmet

feedback page

he also sold some tother things. they may be his though.

(is this suposed to be in the general discussion or should it be in the halo universe? I don't know. if it is in the wrong place sorry.)

He's a known recaster and his auctions have been often reported, but eBay rarely do anything.

Sad thing, especially since Rube is not around anymore.

you know this little ass wipe is starting to pee me right off

decent people spend hundreds of hours making these beautiful items and decide that they want to share them with other like minded people and then someone turns round and steals their stuff

it's no wonder great people like rube have left

i wish someone would teach these people not to steal. What their doing is no different then someone breaking into their house and stealing there most prized possesion.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Wow, that description of the auction is so vague it could be anything.

That's pretty much the way to know it's a recast. If you put in auction a 200$ worth item, you usually spend time getting quality pictures, and an accurate description with clear indications about shipping and returns.

If you see an auction with 50 words as a description, it's clearly too good to be true.

And for this whole recaster problem, it will never be solved. But as buyers, we need to be careful. And as sellers, we need to be even more careful.

Don't sell on eBay. Don't buy props on eBay. (craiglist and all these listing/auction-based websites).

Don't sell to new members. Don't sell to people outside the Classifieds. Use only Paypal for payments. For both protecting the buyer and the seller.

And please, inform yourself about any potential buyer. Ask for his name and adress for shipping, but also phone number. If you are scammed, there's nothing better than calling your buyer's local police department and filling a report.

Keep records of your buyers. Number your item also. If you see your item #2 being sold in Paris for example. If you see that this seller is selling more than one copy, you know something is wrong. If you have some records of your buyers, you'll know who bought your item #2 in Paris. And you'll have his phone number. And name. And adress.

And please. Please please please. If you receive a check, e-check, or anything that is not instant, wait for it to clear! E-checks can take up to 10 days to clear. Wait for it. Call your bank and ask if the payment was cleared and accepted. Then ship the item. That's the error Rube did. Ship an item before receiving the money. No good.

Not asking questions, is like running blindfolded. You'll hit that wall. And then, you'll start accusing everyone when it's more likely to be your fault.

Don't get me wrong. Recasting is bad. It's killing this hobby. Just like Warez are costing millions to the film/music/video game industry.

</rant>

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen to last spartan. I know as someone considering molding and offering casts, it can be discouraging worrying about recasting. Has anyone considered buying the mold and destroying it or sending it back to Rube? If it stays low priced I may be able to do it, but I think it would be good for someone to do it. I think if thats the plan, it would be good to communicate it so we don't end up in a bidding war amongst ourselves and not know it.

Brandon McClain said:
Amen to last spartan. I know as someone considering molding and offering casts, it can be discouraging worrying about recasting. Has anyone considered buying the mold and destroying it or sending it back to Rube? If it stays low priced I may be able to do it, but I think it would be good for someone to do it. I think if thats the plan, it would be good to communicate it so we don't end up in a bidding war amongst ourselves and not know it.

Not a good idea. He could've decided to remold his copy. Rube is not around anymore anyway. Anyway, just report the item en masse until the eBay folks removes the listing.

In my opinion, anybody bidding on a 50-word described item with a 87,5% feedback is dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back