Rogue helmet, and multiplayer build WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bloody hell, thats just great work man keep up the good work.

Thanks bud :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok guys have a small update, a sad one though. I finished the left thigh, but alas, it is to small. Here is a picture, sorry its not very good. but i can barely get the bottom of the thing past my knee lol. I guess my legs are just to big and sexy for it lmao jk. Oh well, guess i gotta make a new one. :)
Thigh.jpg

Tis a shame for sure. i might just remeasure my thigh lol
anyways, thats all for now, happy building everyone

Thanks bud :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok guys have a small update, a sad one though. I finished the left thigh, but alas, it is to small. Here is a picture, sorry its not very good. but i can barely get the bottom of the thing past my knee lol. I guess my legs are just to big and sexy for it lmao jk. Oh well, guess i gotta make a new one. :)
Thigh.jpg

Tis a shame for sure. i might just remeasure my thigh lol
anyways, thats all for now, happy building everyone

oh dude... that sucks that it doesn't fit :( ... on a brighter side, at least you know how the parts go together so you should be able to speed build the upscaled thigh pretty quick.

your pep skills are still looking very neat :D awesome stuff... and my condolences on the passing of your grandma. you should finish your build in her honor. from the pic i saw of her she looks like she would be the kind of gal that would like that sort of thing. do her proud :D ...

oh dude... that sucks that it doesn't fit :( ... on a brighter side, at least you know how the parts go together so you should be able to speed build the upscaled thigh pretty quick.

your pep skills are still looking very neat :D awesome stuff... and my condolences on the passing of your grandma. you should finish your build in her honor. from the pic i saw of her she looks like she would be the kind of gal that would like that sort of thing. do her proud :D ...

Thanks man, yeah hopefully the 2nd time around it will fit better. Thanksd for the compliment on the pep, glad my skills are improving :)

oh and it wasnt my grandmother that passed, it was foxleaders. :) just dont want any confusion, my grandma is still up and about.

It's all part of the organic experience! hehe Second time around would be quicker and better... always!

yeah im hoping lol.
I wont be able to work on it for a few days though. So an update should be coming soon :)

Ok sorry for double posting, but i didnt want to get the two posts mixed together lol.
Ok so in this post there is a small update with a question. I decided to cut the bottom of the chest so i could put it on (i couldnt put it on otherwise) and here are the results. I taped the pieces i cut together so it would fit like its supposed to.
Front
Chest4.jpg

Side
chest5.jpg

Other side
Chest6.jpg

Back
Chest7.jpg

Now wearing it, the chest piece seems a little tight around the sides. Like i feel like i have to add like an inch or so to them. Other than that it feels fine to me. But i want some opinions pretty please. Do you guys think the size looks good, or should i rebuild it a little bigger?? Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I will await some responses to see how i should proceed. :)
Until then, happy building everyone

is that the 405th logo i spy on your arm?

i think it is talk about being a real trooper, right now i'm making the helljumper patchs, it's not easy making like ten in a row you know.

Haha Awesome! You got you a suit going too =D SWEEET =P

Anyways... I'm guessing someone likes Snow White in the house...

Haha anyways!!! Your paper Pepping is awesome! Very clean and very close to what Mine looks like =D we must be doing something right!!
----I'm waiting to get all my paper pepped out and then resin all at once.... (save time and mess I guess =P ) just to give you some helpful advice.. and Metal butter knifes work wonders working with bondo!!! (dont use spoons)

Well if you got questions about anything ask before you goof up :) I'll try my best to help and If I need help I'll post here =P Kee up the amazing work man =P ITS GOING TO LOOK SO GOOD!!! ( Remember dont rush yourself to much )

-Nogood out

P.S. I'm 5'10 and about 145 pounds... >>>I used 333mm High with my thigh and it fits nicely...you seem alittle bigger so go with 345mm-ish .... just make it bigger than 333mm..... hope that helps alittle =D

Honestly, without any padding it looks fantastic. Also, I think if you did decide it needs to be bigger, you can do so with just a little modification without having to redo the whole piece in pep because it is a PAIN. Anyhow everything's looking great and I absolutely love your rogue!

Nice peping man

Thanks! :) I think i am finally getting the hang of it lol

is that the 405th logo i spy on your arm?

i think it is talk about being a real trooper, right now i'm making the helljumper patchs, it's not easy making like ten in a row you know.

If your refering to the tattoo on my shoulder, then no lol. it is actually my family crest. I didnt notice before that it kinda does look like the 405th logo lol. Heck who knows, one day i might get the logo done somewhere.
Yeah i understand making lots of things in a row. If you feel like sending one of those patches my way i wouldnt complain ;-) lol

Haha Awesome! You got you a suit going too =D SWEEET =P

Anyways... I'm guessing someone likes Snow White in the house...

Haha anyways!!! Your paper Pepping is awesome! Very clean and very close to what Mine looks like =D we must be doing something right!!
----I'm waiting to get all my paper pepped out and then resin all at once.... (save time and mess I guess =P ) just to give you some helpful advice.. and Metal butter knifes work wonders working with bondo!!! (dont use spoons)

Well if you got questions about anything ask before you goof up :) I'll try my best to help and If I need help I'll post here =P Kee up the amazing work man =P ITS GOING TO LOOK SO GOOD!!! ( Remember dont rush yourself to much )

-Nogood out

P.S. I'm 5'10 and about 145 pounds... >>>I used 333mm High with my thigh and it fits nicely...you seem alittle bigger so go with 345mm-ish .... just make it bigger than 333mm..... hope that helps alittle =D

Yes i do! lol Thanks.
Yes, my grandmother loves snow white and the seven dwarves. He favorite disney movie.
Thanks for the compliment, Yay we must be doing something right after all. *highfives* lol
Yeah at first i was going to resin, harden, and stuff each piece after building it but i have decided to pep everything first then do that. I will keep the knife in mind thanks!
Thanks, and if i can help out i will do my best as well :)
Yeah rushing would be bad, i have about 5 months to finish so im not worried on time :)

lol yeah i am a tad bigger, not much, The thigh i have in the picture is 368 lol, which is 14.5in, so im going to try 16in which is 406mm and see how that works out. I might need to just do 15in, but we shall see. Hopefully will be able to build it this weekend.

that looks great, your pepe looks very clean =D keep up the good work

Thanks Road Kill :) glad you like it.

Honestly, without any padding it looks fantastic. Also, I think if you did decide it needs to be bigger, you can do so with just a little modification without having to redo the whole piece in pep because it is a PAIN. Anyhow everything's looking great and I absolutely love your rogue!

Thanks for the input kadus. I was thinking the same thing about it being good size without padding. Yeah i am just thinking about adding like an inch to each side on the bottom half of the armor where i cut it. We shall see. :) i really do not want to build the whole thing again lol.
Thanks very much again :) I love your JFO. Looks very awesome.

you are full of imagination....jeje.

Thanks a lot. :) just wait till you see what else i have planned hehe.

If you haven't already started a new thigh, I would suggest building a low def thigh as a size tester. I built two HD thighs only to have one be too small and the next be too large. I went through 6 different sized LD versions before I found the right size, and when I built the HD version with this new found size, it fit perfectly. The LD thighs are easy to build as all the parts are pretty basic, and they go together quickly (I was building one every 45 minutes to an hour). Just my 2 cents.

Your pepping skills are great! Sizing for the most part seems spot on, so you're doing it right! Keep it up!

okay you must have seen the halo 4 live action trailer, becasue that guy pushed out about five suits of odst in four months and mark VI in 5 days. 5 long days. when i read that i was like holy s**t if i did that i would be like the guys doing helljumper.

If you haven't already started a new thigh, I would suggest building a low def thigh as a size tester. I built two HD thighs only to have one be too small and the next be too large. I went through 6 different sized LD versions before I found the right size, and when I built the HD version with this new found size, it fit perfectly. The LD thighs are easy to build as all the parts are pretty basic, and they go together quickly (I was building one every 45 minutes to an hour). Just my 2 cents.

Your pepping skills are great! Sizing for the most part seems spot on, so you're doing it right! Keep it up!

Hey i apriciate your 2 cents :) its a great idea. i might just have to do that. I have not started building the new thigh yet, only printed. So i will see what i can do. Thanks for the advice.
Thanks as well for the compliment, im glad i am doing something right lol.

okay you must have seen the halo 4 live action trailer, becasue that guy pushed out about five suits of odst in four months and mark VI in 5 days. 5 long days. when i read that i was like holy s**t if i did that i would be like the guys doing helljumper.

Yeah i saw that, it was insane

Hey Guys and Gals,
Sorry i have been absent as of late, been busy with life stuff. But good news is i finally have internet at my apt so i should be about to respond more often and post stuff lol.
Bad news is I have also been kinda slacking with building because my thighs are irritating me lol. I now know one thing having big legs is not good for lol. Thats where i am having the most trouble. the height issue is no big deal, but getting the darn things to fit around my meaty leg are the real problem. So i have been trying to work out a solution with that, and hopefully will have something by this weekend to show you guys. *fingers crossed*

Sorry nothing to show you guys right now. :)
Hope everyone had a good memorial day btw. Take care all, i will do what i can to have something this weekend.

i know what you mean, i'm like the guy in that last post, i've got a carp load of probelms at the moment so sorry if i'm not able to talk much, one of them is in the mail, and if UPS lose's it i'm going to be pissed. plus i've seen the new armors and GS called me and now i've got the world on my shoulders. oh and in other news the UNSC got put up on the BBC. halo was in the news.

i know what you mean, i'm like the guy in that last post, i've got a carp load of probelms at the moment so sorry if i'm not able to talk much, one of them is in the mail, and if UPS lose's it i'm going to be pissed. plus i've seen the new armors and GS called me and now i've got the world on my shoulders. oh and in other news the UNSC got put up on the BBC. halo was in the news.

Yay for halo being in the news lol :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok guys i have a small update. I have decided to give up on the thighs for right now. i am having a hard time getting them to fit my legs just right. and i even tried carpathias advice with the whole printing out low def ones. Probably is i have big legs lol. Oh well :) i guess its hard to fit big sexy legs into armor :p jk... any ways so yeah they are irritating me >.< and i dont want to rage quite them and get so fed up i am gonna stop my armor.
So i went ahead and started building the shins ^_^. I have the left one done for now and will start the other one probably tonight at work and after. So here are some pics of it on my leg :)
Tell me what you think.

Front
Shin.jpg

Outside
Shin1.jpg

Inside
Shin2.jpg

Back
Shin3.jpg

That is all for now, i hope to be having more updates soon :) and not be so darn busy.
Untill then, comments and whatnot would be great. Happy armoring everyone!

I have decided to give up on the thighs for right now. i am having a hard time getting them to fit my legs just right. and i even tried carpathias advice with the whole printing out low def ones. Probably is i have big legs lol. Oh well :) i guess its hard to fit big sexy legs into armor :p jk... any ways so yeah they are irritating me

On my cardboard armor to get the shins to fit tight, I cut the armor along a seam that ran up the side of the Achilles heel area and hinged it along the seam on the opposite seam for about six inches up to let my foot squeeze through without having the ankle opening be huge. For the thighs I cut up compression shorts to make the elastic bands that are on the inner thigh (represented as three scallops on your pep). If you have big legs or hips, you need the upper thighs built thin and fitted as tight against your leg as possible to avoid them making you look wider than tall. I couldn't tell from the pictures of your thigh pieces if they are long enough, but I wouldn't worry too much about the tightness. You can remove the three scallops on the inner thigh and replace them with spandex and add a small extension to the the inside bottom so it will fit over your knee if you thing the outer plates are already proportional. In addition to the elastic bands, I had velcro sewn into my undersuit to help then stay located tight against my hips. I would get your Pep close to right and not hassle it until after resining. Then you can cut and tailor to suit like you couldn't when it was flimsy paper. I hope there was something in all that was useful. Your pep work on the shins is looking good. You might just want to bring them in at the back to fit tighter and be slimmer in appearance, but you'll have to expect a tight fit getting your foot through.

Redshirt

Mstruvmgc, the legs are an extreme pain-- My advice is " that leg looks great- just add Rondo inside and make it hard-- Make sure your foot can get through... I use Knee Pads to hold my legs up... Longshot said his just rest on his rubber things around his ankle.
*I tried velcroing them directly to my pants/undersuit but they sagged my pants... possible solution is wear a belt....

I hope you have good luck working with the legs...
(Thighs need to be alittle big...I stuff mine with pillow cotton like material...WORKS REALLY WELL!
Best of luck with the build =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back