Rogue helmet, and multiplayer build WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shins look great.
And yes when there a done most of us just let them rest on top of a spacer or in my case boots. Works great.

Now on the the thighs don't let it get you down each and everyone of thees part can get to be a pain trying to get them to fit. We all run into our own part that will never fit till the 3-4 try. Just remember it's paper you can add or subtract anywhere you want to make it fit. ;) If it helps you, I removed the 3'rd ring on mine just to get the thighs to fit right. Some people remove them altogether and replace them with foam.:cool

Well you're build is looking great, So I'll be here looking for that next up date. :D

On my cardboard armor to get the shins to fit tight, I cut the armor along a seam that ran up the side of the Achilles heel area and hinged it along the seam on the opposite seam for about six inches up to let my foot squeeze through without having the ankle opening be huge. For the thighs I cut up compression shorts to make the elastic bands that are on the inner thigh (represented as three scallops on your pep). If you have big legs or hips, you need the upper thighs built thin and fitted as tight against your leg as possible to avoid them making you look wider than tall. I couldn't tell from the pictures of your thigh pieces if they are long enough, but I wouldn't worry too much about the tightness. You can remove the three scallops on the inner thigh and replace them with spandex and add a small extension to the the inside bottom so it will fit over your knee if you thing the outer plates are already proportional. In addition to the elastic bands, I had velcro sewn into my undersuit to help then stay located tight against my hips. I would get your Pep close to right and not hassle it until after resining. Then you can cut and tailor to suit like you couldn't when it was flimsy paper. I hope there was something in all that was useful. Your pep work on the shins is looking good. You might just want to bring them in at the back to fit tighter and be slimmer in appearance, but you'll have to expect a tight fit getting your foot through.

Redshirt

Thanks Redshirt, yeah it made sense lol. I have a few ideas on how i will tackle the thigh pieces, and i will try and work it out after i finish my other shin lol, and i will have to think about taking them in on the back a little. I kinda like the beefy calf look lol. Anyways I am stubborn and want the inner thigh armor to be the pep and not elasticy material. At least for this suit lol. Thanks for all the advice and for taking a look at my build. :) Keep your eyes out, there should be some more updates coming soon.

Mstruvmgc, the legs are an extreme pain-- My advice is " that leg looks great- just add Rondo inside and make it hard-- Make sure your foot can get through... I use Knee Pads to hold my legs up... Longshot said his just rest on his rubber things around his ankle.
*I tried velcroing them directly to my pants/undersuit but they sagged my pants... possible solution is wear a belt....

I hope you have good luck working with the legs...
(Thighs need to be alittle big...I stuff mine with pillow cotton like material...WORKS REALLY WELL!
Best of luck with the build =D

Thanks Nogood, yeah i am not to worried about the shins really. They will sit pretty good i think. The thighs are my biggest problem, but like as stated above, i think i have a few ideas on what i want to do :)
Thanks for the help, means a lot :)

Great job M. The peps look great! :D

Thanks V, nice to see ya buddy, Im trying to catch up to ya lol

Shins look great.
And yes when there a done most of us just let them rest on top of a spacer or in my case boots. Works great.

Now on the the thighs don't let it get you down each and everyone of thees part can get to be a pain trying to get them to fit. We all run into our own part that will never fit till the 3-4 try. Just remember it's paper you can add or subtract anywhere you want to make it fit. ;) If it helps you, I removed the 3'rd ring on mine just to get the thighs to fit right. Some people remove them altogether and replace them with foam.:cool

Well you're build is looking great, So I'll be here looking for that next up date. :D

Thanks thorn :) yeah i think i will just have them resting on my boots too.

As far as the thigh piece goes, i had ideas about adding in certain places, and already cut the top inner ring out to get it to fit lol So i am right with ya on that one lol. Once i figure out where i want to ass, i might still be cutting on the top ring just because it feels better to me anyways. I have thought of using foam to replace the pep, but i am going to be stubborn and keep it all pep for my first build. I told myself thats how i wanted to do it. lol
But future projects are different, i will probably incorperate a lot of mats :)
Anyways, thanks for tagging along :) Means a lot

Should be an update fairly soon.
Untill then, Have fun and keep building everyone

Just got caught up on everything in this one.
Great job so far and I'm most likely going to run into those issues on the thighs and shins with my son's build. Don't let it get ya down. All will be well. At least . . . that's what I'm telling myself to make me feel better. LOL
Again, looks great and keep up the good work.

Just got caught up on everything in this one.
Great job so far and I'm most likely going to run into those issues on the thighs and shins with my son's build. Don't let it get ya down. All will be well. At least . . . that's what I'm telling myself to make me feel better. LOL
Again, looks great and keep up the good work.

Thanks man, :)
Lets hope your luck is better than mine with your sons armor lol. It looks great so far, so i have plenty faith that you will figure it out :)

@everyone else

Today is my friday *mini happy dance* so i will be trying to put the right shin together today, all i have to do its cut the pieces out and put them together. I scored them yesterday. So hopefully i will have an update within the next few days for you all :)

Double posts, but i have a small update. I finished the other shin :)
Yeah i know im taking forever to finish the pieces lol.
Sorry if the pics are not very good. I took them with my phone like usual :)
Anyways, here is the right one.
Shin4.jpg

Shin5.jpg

Shin6.jpg

Shin7.jpg

and here are both together :)
Shin8.jpg

Slacker ;)

Anyway, now we just need to get your thighs to fit right to make sure that the shins aren't going up too high ^_^ Can't wait til you get it all painted up!

heck halo is more of a oh S**T what that

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1142450

yeah i'm making the COI for halo 4's launch, so it's new and i'm liking it, plus the new chest plates look simple, i'm starting to dig it. oh and it's not really that hard just take halo 3 helmets and slap on any kind of faceplate. next is the unknown you know, by the way did you get them yet?

Sweet, oh and yes i did get them :) thanks a lot, i like em a lot

Slacker ;)

Anyway, now we just need to get your thighs to fit right to make sure that the shins aren't going up too high ^_^ Can't wait til you get it all painted up!

She's right, you probably want to hold off resining until you are sure all the leg pieces go together to allow an acceptable range of motion.

Redshirt

Glad to see you got those shins fitting. Everything's looking good. Just get your thighs and your home free. . . . LOL

She's right, you probably want to hold off resining until you are sure all the leg pieces go together to allow an acceptable range of motion.

Redshirt

Yes indeed, i dont plan on resining anything untill i am finished builing everything. :) That would suck if nothing fit right lol. i will start work on the thighs soon *crosses fingers* lets hope i can get them to work lol.
Thanks for helpin too btw :)

Glad to see you got those shins fitting. Everything's looking good. Just get your thighs and your home free. . . . LOL

Thanks man, yeah i have the thighs still (lets hope i get em this time lol) and then i have to build the cod piece, boots, handplates, and chest attachment and i will have everything built lol.

I like your helmet. Ive only seen one rogue around here to date.

Thanks a lot. It is my favorite from halo 3 for sure :)
I am digging your build as well :)

Just so everyone knows, i am sorry for not posting much as of late, i have been busy with family stuffs and work. I will hopefully get back on track this week :)
Untill then, happy armoring!

Shins look great! Well, just like everything else :p Keep it up, bro!

Thanks bud :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well guys, i wanted to give you an update today, buuuuuuuut photobucket is being lame and not letting me upload stuff :-(
so until i can upload i will not have pics for you guys sorry :-(

Is anyone else having problems with photobucket??

EDIT:

Ok well i can get photobucket to work at work, so maybe it is just my laptop having issues lol.
Anywho, here are some pictures for you all.

First is the chest attachment. it is like half inch to wide, but that should be an easy fix :)
You will notice that the knife handle is not attached, that is because i have a special idea for what i want to do with it :)
2012-06-23115001.jpg

Ok next are a few pics of a low def cod piece, i built this for a sizing test and wanted to get all of your guys oppinion :)
So please feel free to tell me what you think.
Front
2012-06-30112410.jpg

Side
2012-06-30112429.jpg

Other side
2012-06-30112609.jpg

Back
2012-06-30112553.jpg

and the next two are size tests with half a thig piece.
2012-06-30112918.jpg

2012-06-30113119.jpg

So yeah thats what i have for now. I know i have been slacking, but have had family and life stuffs happen. :)

Please let me know what you guys think. All help is welcomed lol

Everything is looking great and you seem to be in a grove with your progress. Keep it up! Can't wait to see more.

Cod size looks spot on, so you're good to go there. The thigh looks like it's the right height (I assume you know that you're testing it backwards) but I don't know how tight they will be on your thighs. My thigh armor JUST fits onto my thighs. But like I mentioned, the height looks good, so you may have to work with the circumfrence somehow.

Great job on the CQB chest, can't wait to see what you're planning with the knife!

okay please tell us you have some kind of under armor for your suit.

Well i will be wearing something other than what i was wearing in the picture yes lol.

Cod size looks spot on, so you're good to go there. The thigh looks like it's the right height (I assume you know that you're testing it backwards) but I don't know how tight they will be on your thighs. My thigh armor JUST fits onto my thighs. But like I mentioned, the height looks good, so you may have to work with the circumfrence somehow.

Great job on the CQB chest, can't wait to see what you're planning with the knife!

Yeah i realized that lol, i was just testing the height. I have the new ones printed out and gotta build them. Yes i will have to be doing some circumfrence mods to them for sure. I have meaty legs lol.

as far as the knife, i think you will like what i do :)

@everyone

Sorry for the lack of updates, i recently pulled out a hangnail on my middle finger the other day on my right hand, and it is in the process of healing. its a pain to cut out my pieces and whatnot, so its going slower than i wanted. That and i have been getting distracted easy lol. Anyways, i will try to hurry and finish stuff soon to show you all.

Sorry for the lack of updates, i recently pulled out a hangnail on my middle finger the other day on my right hand, and it is in the process of healing. its a pain to cut out my pieces and whatnot, so its going slower than i wanted. That and i have been getting distracted easy lol. Anyways, i will try to hurry and finish stuff soon to show you all.

You gotta play through the pain! Now get back to work! :)

Redshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back