Rosh's odst build wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHHHAAAAAA!!!! 8DDDD THAT IS SO FLIPPING AWESOME!! Man I can't wait to see this, this is so cool!! You're going to be the highlight of your halloween party, aren't you? XD

My parties are so crowded with people that are the life of the party that I HAVE to be dressed up to stand out. Actually what happens is I spend countless hours building a suit, then I get super drunk while wearing it and end up pouring a full drink into my shin and filling my boot with jack and coke. This photo was taken minutes before such an event occurred. You can tel I'm drunk by my serial killing gaze.
1288337654247.jpg

So, halloween happened. And so did this.
2010-10-31_19-45-43_106.jpg

Here's a pic of the finished suit.
2010-10-30_21-20-33_537.jpg

overall I'm not at all happy with the lower body, I think il build a more traditional set of thighs, and wider calves. It did its job for this holiday however, so I'm happy for that. Oh yea, I made the blogs type tags too. One for each shoulder and a tiny one for the back of my helmet, you can't see then that well but they are covered in clear resin and look official. Il get more pics later.
2010-10-31_19-45-32_281.jpg

Hey on those thigh pieces what did you use for that blue part of it? It's hard to tell but are they reflective material or do they light up?

Because of time constraints they have no lights, all the better because I'm going to make more of a halo 3 type thigh after all. Don't really like those ones. Its blue reflective tape with about a half inch of clear resin poured over to help the reflector gather light. It worked, as every pic I've seen looks like they have leds in them.

wow man i love how it turned out, think your right about the lower armor though, bigger caves would defiantly look better but still man this is awesome great work

Thanks, I didn't use any primer because i was unsure how it would flex our if it would crack. As a result I had some adhesion problems with making tape, however they were minor and in some areas actually contributed to the overall look of the armor. On the other end of few spectrum however, laying down a resist layer worked perfectly for my worn red stripes. I used mustard.

Because of time constraints they have no lights, all the better because I'm going to make more of a halo 3 type thigh after all. Don't really like those ones. Its blue reflective tape with about a half inch of clear resin poured over to help the reflector gather light. It worked, as every pic I've seen looks like they have leds in them.

I think I might be going with those thighs instead of the Halo 3 ones myself. What file did you use?

No files, handmade patterns all here. The only part that I actually used a file as a pattern were the shoulders. I still had to modify them extensively to make them usable.

yo were did you get your visot from and can i get info in a pm about it pretty plz but really nice odst dude love the high tech look ( knowing halo is already way high tech) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back