RoxyRoo's Reach Build + Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that was well worth the wait..but still hoping for a pic of you in the armor without the helmet and a big old smile on yer face 8) cant say anything that the folks above me have allready said..awesome job ..nuff said

When ever I look at Con pictures, it always brings a smile to my face :)
Roxy it looks like you had a great time! I'm envious!
You're armor looks great and so does the under suite.
You have had yourself quite the journey, and like a true trooper, you came out on top!!
You're hard work shines through! Awesome job Roxy!

Dave.

well that was well worth the wait..but still hoping for a pic of you in the armor without the helmet and a big old smile on yer face 8) cant say anything that the folks above me have allready said..awesome job ..nuff said

I can half answer this. XD here's a pic with my helmet off.. I'm really tired here. This photo was taken by Starkt2k. He snapped this pic near the Steam Punk Village booth, where some of my art was up for sale.
PCCfemale_spartan_by_starkt2k-d51evni.jpg

Here's a video I shot before the convention, of me and CrymsonValkyrie putting together our costumes.

To the Lurkers. I'm so happy that you guys are getting to work on stuff. Armor is a fun hobby. To think my own armor has given you that push to keep going or start.. that's just awesome. <3

Let me know how hot you got there!
It wasn't bad, actually. I wore a cooling, gel neck tie underneath and it helped a lot. My helmet got hot though. I could deal with it just fine, but my tiny eye hole "visor" kept fogging up. I need to install a fan to keep that from happening.

I was fortunate enough to have encountered this bad boy (girl?) Irl this weekend, and believe me, its worth waiting for. Awesome work rox- too bad the sound guy was such a pro though.
HA!! Yeah. SO pro. XD

Wow, your suit looks so amazing! I'm glad you had fun at the Con, it looks like you met a bunch of cool people too! I just showed these pictures to my buddy, Deathofire (who is currently out in my garage working on his suit), and all he could say was "Gungir.... gaaahhh... Ohmyflippingawd Ryan, do you see that?! Gahhhh...." xD

haha! That's great! XD

Great pics ! Great costume!

I'm so glad that you had an awesome time and I'm sure that everyone who's weapon you modelled was super glad also to get their props seen with such an amazing cosplay.

Also, you never explained what happened with the masquerade, now I'm really curious!
You know, I stayed in contact with the guy who made the pistol. hehe. He's pretty cool. And I'll talk about the Masquerade soon. I just want to get the video uploaded first. >_> Oi..

Looks up at the up corner...Hmmm nope not yet. When this get moved to the elite section (which should be soon) we'll be even happier for you Roxy.

But for now it's time to tell you how you're work has inspired so many builders out there. Yes you. You're foam work is just amazing. The amount of detail that you were able to get out of the EVA mats and Foamie's just blows my mind. (I'm learning tho, yes even a old dog like me can learn new tricks.) ;) Then you go and do all the sewing just to kick it up a notch, also awesome. But that wasn't enuff no, not for you, You just had to go and detail it with all that art work in you're paint job. (2 thumbs up). So yes you should be proud of you're build and I happy for you that you had such a great time at you're con. The pic's just take it up one more rung by the way.:D

OK now whom do we have to go ask to get this moved to the ELITE section as a display of not only "How to do a foam build" but also how to make it a personal, one of a kind "work of art" with that paint job.:cool

Till you're next post have fun.:D

First--> >///<
Then--> thanks. I actually spent the day relaxing and managing my facebook. Holy smokes, it blew up ever since that image of me and the sticky up. >_>;

That would be me! Fantastic looking armor Roxy. I'm glad to have finally met you in person yesterday. I was surprised I only saw you twice throughout the entire weekend, then again I was by the Star Wars booth in my Mando half of the time, the other half running around assassinating people in my Ezio.

Thorn's right, your build does need to get moved to the Elite section. Seeing yours, and the other 405th members' builds make me desperately want to finish mine. Well done!

Aw you were Ezio? Dang. I would have loved to get pics with you and me assassinating eachother! We need to figure out sometime to hang out, man. :D

ROXY! Your armor is just astounding!
I loved watching your armor progress from start to finish and it just makes me want to push even harder to finish mine.
You are an inspiration to everyone who has had the pleasure of seeing your armor in person and online. The mods better jump on this thread quick and get you into the Elite section because EVERYONE needs to know how great you are!
Congrats on the build and I can't wait to see what else you'll have up your sleeve!
<3 you, RoxyRoo!

-Alexis

WEAPONS. And some modifications, but WEAPONS! I want my own pistol.. and a shotty or DMR.. A spartan is incomplete without a gun. o.o Other than that, I'll be helping some friends of mine with their costumes.

Regarding FRIEND REQUESTS: Um.. unless I talk with you on a regular basis, I won't friend you. Please don't be offended. This goes for facebook too. If you somehow find me on there, know that i save my facebook account for friends and work. I try to keep my cosplay stuff separate.

Last edited by a moderator:
RoxyRoo, just wanted to drop you a line saying that this thread has been amazing. While I'm peping my armor the level of detail has been motivational.

Ah good a helmetless pic, not saying we don't love that helmet it is probably the best foam helmet out there now :) Don't worry about the lack of a smile I am sure you had an exhausting weekend.

Side note. I know what you mean about friend requests. After commenting on the pic of you on "history of Halo" I got random friend requests here and Facebook.

Roxy, the pics look amazing! You pulled it off, not that there was ever any doubt you wouldn't.:) It looks like you had a ton of fun too. :D

Hot Ham and Cheese that looks incredible! Amazing job with foam and yes this should be in the Elite forum!

I'm with everyone else on this. Looks AMAZING and it should definitely be put in the Elite forum. Great Job Roxy!!!!!!

wow Roxy this is AWESOME!!! ive been watching this build for awhile...congrats!!!! ( that helmet looks bad a**!!!!)

Totally late to the party on commenting, but it really looks amaaazing all together! I'm glad you were able to finish in time!

Your whole build has been awesome to watch, and a fantastic spark of inspiration. Like so many others have already stated (and I'm sure so many more would agree), your craftsmanship, thoroughness, and ingenuity totally scream ELITE STATUS! Fantastic job :)

In short news, I made a cosplay page on Facebook. I've been getting random friend requests from people I don't know for I'm assuming because of my tagged cosplay photos. If you would like to follow, then please check it out.

RoxyRoo Cosplay: http://www.facebook.com/RoxyRooCosplay?notif_t=page_new_likes

Phoenix ComiCon 2012

Phoenix ComiCon was a lot of fun this year. I was able to finished my spartan friday morning and then I trooped in it for 3 days. I'm SO happy that it held together so well! The shoes were surprisingly comphy, as they were my normal sneakers stuffed inside a foam boot. Those foam boots probably saved my feet a lot of pain from walking so much. haha It was awesome to finally troop in my armor. It was hilarious to see the look on people's faces to see, when I took my helmet off, that i was a chick. lol. XD Cool thing.. I met a guy who used to work at 343 Industries. His name was John. He seemed to be as excited to see me as I was excited to meet him. He gave me a signed Halo novel, and as a thankyou, I drew him a sketch. Thankyou so much, John! I've already read the first chapter. <3

I also wore my steam punk bustle dress and Link (LoZ). My friend Rick was able to wear his Ganon cosplay, even though it wasn't complete. My friend ~CrimsonValkyrie got her Cortana done at the last minute. Even though the convention was "over", since it was sunday evening, we wandered around and did some shenanigans. We recorded our antics, but I want to wait and edit them with after effects and premiere before I show you guys. I promise it'll be fun to watch.

<<MASQUERADE RANT>>

My skit is at 12:03 --> http://youtu.be/Y2PxwKuKfHY

I entered the masquerade, but alas, my audio was screwed up. I spent 3 hours recording, editing, and mixing my own audio for a solo, 28-second skit to perform on stage. I gave it to the sound guy personally, but despite that, a lot of things went wrong. Anyone can tell you that the masquerade was far from a success this year. There are a LOT of people/reasons to blame, not just one. For one, the anime crowd decided to boycott because they wanted to try something new. WHY??? the audience was TINY. Honestly, grow up people. You should go to support the contestants and to enjoy watching the show, not any other reason. Second, many of the contestants themselves dropped out during the Masquerade. During! That is even more immature and rude than boycotting it. Because they dropped out, the list could no longer be accurately followed, and because of that, the announcers (poor Kevin!) couldn't introduce the following contestants right and also the sound guy couldn't get his audio correct. As much as I'd like to blame the sound guy and ruining both my skit and chance at a prize, it was not his fault!

To clarify, the entire last third of the masquerade's audio had issues. My own audio was switched to a random song. I went on stage, doing my skit, but then realized halfway through that it wasn't my audio. Angry, I thought, "Well if you're trolling me right now, I'm gonna troll you right back!!!" ... So I started t-bagging. Then I made my exit. I fumed backstage for about 10 minutes, and found out that other contestants had similar complaints, everything to having NO sound (poor Miku cosplayer!) to having their skits cut short. I'm not angry about not winning. I've won prizes before, and honestly, that Cad Bane cosplayer was a badass and I loved his skit. What I am angry about is that I didn't get to perform the way I wanted to.

Despite this fiasco, the end was lightened. The judges explained some of the behind the scenes issues (the list getting ruined) and Kevin, the announcer, gave his apologies and also gave some insight to the issues (the boycott and contestants dropping like flies). Lastly, I was told that my ad-libbed skit was one of the few to get a good laugh out of the crowd. Yay for t-bagging. lol
<<END RANT>>

Ah good a helmetless pic, not saying we don't love that helmet it is probably the best foam helmet out there now :) Don't worry about the lack of a smile I am sure you had an exhausting weekend.

Side note. I know what you mean about friend requests. After commenting on the pic of you on "history of Halo" I got random friend requests here and Facebook.

Yeah. I was really tired on monday. XD I slept for 12 hours straight!!!
I decided to make a separate cosplay page. >.>; Hopefully future tags will lead there instead of my private account.

Turned out so awesome! [I love how I totally troll your whole vid you posted :p ]

You should post that video on your Cortana thread. It has more of your costume in it anyway. XD

Awesome ! You met up with Ragnar Blackmane, that space wolf space marine on the right in your photo
Yes. Yes I did. :D

Totally late to the party on commenting, but it really looks amaaazing all together! I'm glad you were able to finish in time!

Your whole build has been awesome to watch, and a fantastic spark of inspiration. Like so many others have already stated (and I'm sure so many more would agree), your craftsmanship, thoroughness, and ingenuity totally scream ELITE STATUS! Fantastic job :)

I can't wait to see how yours turns out! We it's finished, maybe we can figure out a meet up someday and troop together as Spartan chicks! XD

And as for not smiling... I found a pic with me smiling. A very tired smile, but still a smile.

246414_3751016086780_1017690554_3518178_1360820379_n-1.jpg

Roxy, I love all the pics you have up so far. You look fantastic, great job.
Sorry to read about the masq, at least it didnt end in total failure. :)
Cant wait to see more stuff from you. Keep up the great work!

"Vageeta!!!! why do you look so bored?!"

Sucks about the masquerade =/ Nice to see though that when it all went wrong you went for the teabag too :p I did that in Mesa and it got an uproarious laugh so it's good to see that the people that showed up had a nice sense of humor :)

Lmao Tea Bagging FTW! You were right, I should have done the same in my vid, may be when I finish my suit I will bounce my balls just for you :p

P.s. dang girl your hairs gone really long! Has to be my favourite pic of you :)

That's too bad about the masquerade :(

I can't wait to see how yours turns out! We it's finished, maybe we can figure out a meet up someday and troop together as Spartan chicks! XD
That would be aaaawesome. At least So-Cal and Arizona are vaguely in the same vicinity!

i have a big and simple question :D where did you get these textile gauntlets on your knee, shoulders and so on... and what is it called :) or did you made this yourself? advice, tutorial or blueprints? :)

Photoon2012-05-25at10172.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back