Ruze's Rube Odst *pic Heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruze789

Sr Member
Several months ago I was lucky enough to get one of Rube's incredible ODST helmets, and after months of on-and-off work I've finally nearly finished working on it. I did the paintjob to match T Rymarr's helmet as closely as I could, I tried to get all the major damage spots and unique marks. Rymarr's helmet is the one that Bungie has, so all pics from Bungie tours feature this one. Eventually I got tired of matching spots and scratches and kind of fudged it.

It was painted with the layered method, I've got 4 layers of rattle-can paint on here. Primer base coat; Silver and then mask the silver; Dark gray auto primer then mask the dark gray, then flat black.

Visor is attached with binding posts so it's easily removed, as are the chin straps.

All I have left to do is some light surface damage to scuff it up, trim the strap down, interior paint, and padding.

ODSTHelmet-02Front.jpg

ODSTHelmet-03FrontLeft.jpg

ODSTHelmet-04FrontLeft.jpg

ODSTHelmet-05BackLeft.jpg

ODSTHelmet-06Back.jpg

ODSTHelmet-07BackRight.jpg

ODSTHelmet-08Right.jpg

ODSTHelmet-09FrontRight.jpg

ODSTHelmet-01Top.jpg

ODSTHelmet-Detail01.jpg

ODSTHelmet-Detail02.jpg

ODSTHelmet-Detail03.jpg

ODSTHelmet-Me.jpg

And the Weta one for comparison's sake:

ODSTHelmet-WetaCompare.jpg

I must say, this helmet is one of the best ODST's I've seen. I applaud the paint job and attention to detail. Two thumbs way up.

- Adulese

MikyVengeance said:
how much did you pay?: O

MikyVengeance:

Umm, Please Pm Rube for the price, not supposed to post that information.

@Ruze: Where's the rest of the armour? :pLooks AWESOME!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, glad to know the all the work is enjoyed by others! Can't wait till it's done, it's taking forever...

@MikyVengeance: You can PM member rube for his pricing on kits, he'll let you know.

@Shade: This is still the only ODST piece I have so far, after all this time. But I'm really getting the itch to put a full one together.

Thanks guys!

I've received a few PMs asking about my interior, the binding posts, and the strap attachments. I don't have any pictures at the moment but I will take some when I get home tonight and upload them.

Beautiful paint work Ruze! Seriously amazing! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the suit :)

Belakor said:
Beautiful paint work Ruze! Seriously amazing! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the suit :)

Thanks Belakor! I can't wait to get some time free to actually work on the rest.

And now I've finally taken some interior pics! Haven't got the padding in yet, but I did get it cut tonight. It should work pretty well, I cut some foam out in the same design/ shape they used for the lids in Starship Troopers. I took measurements from a screenused SST helmet I recently acquired, drew it up in the computer, and cut it out. I'll take some pics of that soon.

Here's what I got for now, the closeups are on the Chicago Screws (sold as Binding Posts), which are held in place with Apoxie Sculpt:

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice work ruze!! I think a lot of people were probably trying to figure out how to cleanly mount the visors inside their helmets, and this makes it just perfectly clear. As for the paint job, not a whole lot of words can describe it. Absolutely spot on!!

The interior picture are exactly what I needed to see. Up to this point I had no idea how I was going to fasten the visor to the helmet. Thanks!

Thanks guys! :cool

Glad the interior pics were helpful. One note about the binding posts holding the visor - regular 2-part epoxy may work a little better than the epoxy putty that I used. The putty adds a little bit of depth to the post's base, so that when you put the visor in it does not sit flush against the inside of the helmet anymore. I had to add the strips of plastic to hold the visor out in the right spot.

I'll be finishing my padding this weekend so I will post that up too when it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back