Saint Seiya models

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by huesos 005, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Memebr

Memebr New Member

you are not asking for help, what you are doing is asking someone to UNFOLD all the armor for you, that isn't help at all...
    what i did is helping, i told you what you need to do to unfold the armor.

btw unfold an entire armor can take several weeks of hard working, those OBJ extent files are all sticked together, you have to rework them on a 3d editor soft like 3d max or another one, separate all the pieces, and unfold piece by piece, in order to create the armor... i can illustrate that for you:

when you open the model it will look like this:
    armadurainteira.jpg

then you have to rework it, to eliminate open gaps, separate all the parts and other unnecessary things, since the anime guys is different from a human dude, the body form is totally different, the anime guy is all skinny and tall
    armadurarecortada.jpg

then you open the individual parts on pepakura designer ans start unfolding piece by piece
    sagitario1.jpg

unfoldedchest.jpg

so as you can see, you have to put some real big effort to unfold those files

if you wanna help, i can provide you some help telling you to read the sticked posts on the 3D modeling area, noob area and pepakura armor area.

thats what i did, and i could unfold all the things i needed without asking for any help at all.

2. Cede

Cede New Member

Noob mode activate

Which program do you use to rework the armor?

3. Memebr

Memebr New Member

I'm using the 3D MAX student licensed, its cheaper then the PRO version.

4. Cede

Cede New Member

i'm not able to use this program, my problem is that the armor is in one piece and i can't even separate, for the unfullding it's ok, but unfolding the entire armor it's for crazy people...
    Really 501 pages are tioo much for me...

Another thing, sorry for my english but i'm not very good to speak and write in english.

Don't kill me or i use my seventh sense... Or i call Nazgûl...

5. akumario

akumario New Member

I already did the Fenix Helmet V2 , thank you for the Files anyways...
    This is more Easy than I though, the Only think is the I pay $38 bones for the Pepakura Designer...
    I will do this Little by little , I still have to finish my Wife Gears of war Armor made of Foam and my Odst Foam... until Then, Sayonara!!!!

6. Keven Skywalker

Keven Skywalker New Member

I scaled and Unfolded the both arms of seiya version 2

http://www.4shared.com/file/6FBXGSgZ/larm.html
    http://www.4shared.com/file/372fw3RG/rarm.html

Also I was looking at the models and I discovered that de models are flipped (they are like on the other side of the mirror)
    the 3d models can be flipped? i know the 2d can be flipped but it would be great if the 3d cold be flipped too I am downloading the 3d studio too start from something (i dont have any experience so if someone could guide on that it would be great)

PS: it was my first unfold so don kill me please :p

7. Keven Skywalker

Update i found out how to do so
    Please take a closer look because all modes are flipped in most cases it dont change anything but some details like Seiya first armor chest are complete flipped

in 3ds max you need to go tools>mirror

8. alexwazz

alexwazz New Member

could someone give to me the aioria(leon) files in single parts so i can unfold them?

9. Keven Skywalker

Hi Memebr
    i m workin with the 3ds max, i flipped the models because the were mirrored but i didn't figured how to separate all the parts if you could give me some tips to do, it would be great, meanwile i continue trying to resolve it

10. alexwazz

alexwazz New Member

i've read that post,but my problem is that whem i open the file my pc became really slowly and the obj is not clear in the window, i don't have a pc good enough-____-

11. Keven Skywalker

alexwazz you missunderstood i am trying to resolve how to separte objects myself, when i figured how it does i will proceed to separate the armors

12. Krizalid

Krizalid New Member

13. Cede

Cede New Member

Krizalid tienici aggiornati sugli sviluppi dell'armatura...

14. alexandreadmvicius

alexandreadmvicius New Member

Hello all. I'm from Brazil. Stirring well know glass fiber, foam and a wide variety of materials. But I am very weak with programs. Congratulations to all the work. I would like to learn about these features also 3d. A big hug and hand work. My English is bad sorry.

15. alexwazz

alexwazz New Member

sorry keven,you're right i missunderstood-____- so thank you so much !!!i really appreciate you work,i can't wait to have the files

16. Krizalid

Krizalid New Member

Right Shoe N°43 EU

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Memebr

Memebr New Member

to separate the parts you have to select all the poligons you wanna and extract em as a new piece.

18. Krizalid

Krizalid New Member

19. Cede

Cede New Member

One simple solution is to add more strips of paper behind the leg, enlarge to you to be right seen that the height is right...

20. Guilhermebtbj1

Guilhermebtbj1 New Member

Can you upload all the separete 3d parts of the armor? Thanks!

21. sceletraxx

sceletraxx New Member

Need help badly ...

Good evening ,

new guy here .
    actually i got few problems .

1stly i open the obj files and tried to seperate the body part to individual pdo files. but i still cant separate it . so can anybody give me tips or tutorial to separate the body part? btw im trying to make Sagitarius armor . Thanks :)

22. TJX62

TJX62 Member

The only way to do it is to actually edit the 3d model. There are free programs like blender and Google Sketchup that allow oyu to modify 3d models. I use google sketchup if I need to break down something. It's free and easy to pick up and learn with no prior knowledge.

23. sceletraxx

sceletraxx New Member

Firstly thanks for replying and the tips.
    Btw i just dowload Google Sketchup and it seem i cant open an obj file. i wonder why ...

24. TJX62

TJX62 Member

Oh yea, my bad. I failed to mention that SketchUp won't import .OBJ by default. You may be able to find a .OBJ importer plugin, but looking around, it seems like the ones I found is down. The other option is to use another modeling program, to first import the .OBJ and then export it in a format readable by SketchUP ( When I do it this way, I will export it as a .dae) That should allow you to import the file, and break it down.

25. sceletraxx

sceletraxx New Member

Sadly i cant find any plugin that work.
    i found 1 on the cnet website but its paid version "OTZ
    ?

i just downloaded blender and it works. can u teach me on how to separate the part and make it to individual file sir ?