Simple Helmet Speaker System

So I have been working on one of these set ups and no matter what i try it doesn't seam very loud or has a bunch of popping noise. I have tried 2 different mic boards and speaker amps. i wonder if it might be more of a speaker style issue as I am using the flat style speakers.

MoeSizzlac

So I have been working on one of these set ups and no matter what i try it doesn't seam very loud or has a bunch of popping noise. I have tried 2 different mic boards and speaker amps. i wonder if it might be more of a speaker style issue as I am using the flat style speakers.
Try the speaker I used ( DHB27-8: 8 ohm, 2 watt, 27mm x 14.3mm (1.06” x 0.56”). Frequency range 200 - 20,000 Hz. $7.50 or something larger in sound output) and make sure you have the speaker secured to some sort of echo chamber (like the one I put in the chin of my helmet). It will sound like how I did mine. The only problem is that a small speaker sound can only travel so far.

DefineLuck

So I’m starting to plan for this... anyone built custom microphone grills before?
it actually doesn’t look bad, but you lose the ability with this set up to add the LED’s in the accurate Place. To each their own but this would bother me. This was a new design piece added to the helmet for infinite. I would utilize this somehow as the speaker grill.

Attachments

ZiggyGrimm

Jr Member
it actually doesn’t look bad, but you lose the ability with this set up to add the LED’s in the accurate Place. To each their own but this would bother me. This was a new design piece added to the helmet for infinite. I would utilize this somehow as the speaker grill.
I’m using that piece as a air intake manifold, inserting a blower fan under it. it should keep my visor fog free and my face fairly cool.

I’ve got a single LED on the lower grill and the microphone in the upper grill. So it will still have the lights, just only one on each side instead of two. A small sacrifice for actually being able to communicate.

I’m also hacking out the black parts on the lower brim to input speakers so people can hear me talk too.