Simple Helmet Speaker System

MoeSizzlac

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Hello all! Just a quick tutorial to make a speaker system for your helmet. Nothing fancy/no programming.

Things you will need:
3 AAA Battery Holder
One 4.7M ohm 1/4watt resistor
One Microphone Amplifier
One Sound Amplifier
One Speaker
wire and solder supplies

Step 1: Wire up the speaker. Pretty simple, only 2 wires. Nothing to it.
20200209_132457.jpg

Step 2: wire up the microphone amplifier. 1 wire is for 5v, 1 ground, and one is out. Out get's the 4.7M Resistor.

20200209_134333.jpg

Step 3, wire up the rest. Please feel free to use my super awesome diagram below:

20200209_135936AAA.jpg

Yellow is data, black and green are ground, Red is power, and lavender is the positive from the speaker.

Here is a wiring Diagram from MissBoof to help:

MissBoof-SPEAKERSYSTEM.png

Step 4 Fit it into your helmet:
Please note that both the mic amplifier and speaker amplifier have adjustment knobs. I find that the mic adjustment was fine while the speaker knob (the one in the picture below) needs tweaking.

20200216_165801.jpg

I would get a feedback because the speaker was too close to the mic so I had to adjust until it was fine.

20200220_224533.jpg

And finally, my result.

Attachments

• 20200209_134333.jpg
    20200209_134333.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 1,943
  • 20200209_132457.jpg
    20200209_132457.jpg
    922.4 KB · Views: 1,835
  • MoeSizzlac - Mandalorian Helmet Mic and Speaker Files.zip
    439.6 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Excellent and concise tutorial work! Fine job all around, this is invaluable information for any member to have, as we all have the WORST hearing in our suits. Adding a amplifier set up to my current suits and colleagues has not only turned heads but made every con more enjoyable as we can all hold a conversation!

Awesome tut and vid test!!!! Thank you MoeSizzlac, definitely bookmarking this. Where and how did you hook up the on/off switch?

The power switch is a latching switch that I placed interrupting the positive of the battery and the board. I placed the switch in the ear of the helmet:

20200220_223801.jpg

I put a switch on each side. One side controls the fan, the other controls the speaker. I had to work it into the 3D design along with the battery packs and inlet vent for the fan.

I just noticed......MoeSizzlac....a battery pack from Radio Shack?......Really? Isn't that place dead.......What if I had one of those battery banks I use to charge my phone? Could that be adapted? I've seen the newer fan systems have that capability, and plan to use those going forward so I can recharge them and not have to hassle with totting around extra batteries all the time.

I just noticed......MoeSizzlac....a battery pack from Radio Shack?......Really? Isn't that place dead.......What if I had one of those battery banks I use to charge my phone? Could that be adapted? I've seen the newer fan systems have that capability, and plan to use those going forward so I can recharge them and not have to hassle with totting around extra batteries all the time.
All the Radio Shacks in my area are gone as well. I think they were bought out by another company and rebranded as The Source.

MoeSizzlac - You continue to amaze. I really hope my current project can be 1/10th as cool as some of yours.

Well that might just be the best compliment I've received in quite some time. Thank you.

Whoa whoa whoa! What's with the Shack attack?

Anything putting out 5 volts is appropriate. Each battery type has its pros and cons though. Take my Ironman mask, pro- it is rechargeable. Con- it's not strong enough for a repulsion system to fly with. You see?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back