Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyrim Dragon Priest build

Been working on a Dragon Priest Mask; I was originally going to do a sculpt, but then I came across Hugh Holder's amazing pep files and decided to use that instead. Without further ado

6798455099_dc87228ba3_z.jpg

6798463099_691314e05d_z.jpg

Let me know what you think!

beep bop boop - This project is winning!

Congrats! You have made Otar proud this day.
I took screen shots of Vokun, The blue one, and Nahkriin today so I might just be able to make all of the textures o_0 eventually

by the way, I'm looking forward to seeing a run of these so please keep me posted! I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to help me sew some hoods but I have to provide her a pattern first... off to model I go

Hugh, if my schedule goes according to plan, I should be able to pull the first cast by next tuesday. I'll probably do a cold cast run in bronze so that the mask is as game accurate as possible. If your girlfriend could sew some good hoods... why that'd be a fine trade I think.

Sorry for the double post but I've got an update

6804151281_6f8405b52f_z.jpg

Slush casted the inside for support, did most of the detailing, and sprayed first coat of primer. I'll be moving on to silicone tonight :D

Thanks for the kind words!

I moved on to the molding last night, here are some WIP shots

6808936661_6d8e266101_z.jpg

Couldn't find my foamies so I had to use cardboard :/

6808951013_d9f9b3e953_z.jpg

6809718135_4861491a5d_z.jpg

So I'd really appreciate a lil more feedback on this, but anyway, major update. Pulled the first 2 casts and they came out well. Mold has a couple air bubbles, but I don't have enough money to spare right now to remold it. It's nothing a little sandpaper can't fix

6819195223_d32fd57829_z.jpg

Lookin good my man! im in the process of making one of these masks also! im curious what the finished mold looks like, could you post a few pics?

perfectionist.jpg

i love this, i am working on the same thing but am not even near the stage you are at now. im still working out the smooth edges and such. great work over all.
im only nit-picky on it be parallel. other then some small things the top is the only but that is bothering me. mine did the same thing which im working around fixing. but yeah great work and hope to see more.

thanks but im asking because i dont have his file :p I got a file by another person and was wondering what you scaled it to height wise as it looks the perfect size! If you could find out for my thatd be awesome :D the final piece looks pretty good too, gonna try to paint it up like wood?

Looks great! What did you use for the hard shell on the outside of the mold? I usually do some fiberglass but I don't like it lol. It tears up my hands haha, but nice job!

Looks great! What did you use for the hard shell on the outside of the mold? I usually do some fiberglass but I don't like it lol. It tears up my hands haha, but nice job!

Try Plasti Paste 1. The cheaper version. Sand it down so it doesn't rough you up...lol.

BTW, Great job on this Tsaboc, It looks awesome as always!

I thought I'd share an update- I managed to cast some leather straps into my last pull so I could mount the mask without drilling holes in it. Here's some shots in action.

6900421095_62592be396.jpg

6900440007_c75d093258.jpg

The mask in the photo is still a WIP though, if anyone has tips on giving it this green weathered look on the edges Here I would really appreciate it. I keep experimenting but it's not quite working

Wow this is really cool! i have not had a chance to play the game yet so i do not know the reference, but i like it a lot. :) keep up the good work

for the green and brown, Id just paint it a base colour green, like an earthy green, then instead of black wash just "brown" wash it instead to give it that really grubby look, maybe thatd work? id test it on something first :p

I don't know anything about the game, But I can say that the casting looks awesome. Nice clean looking lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back