Somebody Hacked The Costuming Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just feel the frustration and and rage build up inside me... I also laugh and shake my head whenever I read one of their replies. WHAT KIND OF PROFESSIONAL PERSON SAYS "PLZ", "WTF" and "OH NOES"?

Adam, Ithica, Spase... You guys are awesome.

Spase's converstion with that guy just blew my mind. Words escape me. It was so disconnected from reality as to be absurd. Private security company...Georgia...9mm...? Oh, and for about $400 I can buy a complete kit for an AK-47 and assemble it into a working weapon. It'd be semi-automatic unless I filled out the paperwork with the BATFE, but still. Plans for an AK?! HA! Whatever. These guys were awfully adamant about getting molds, I noticed. Makes me wonder why they just didn't want to buy a casting and make their own molds. It would have been far more low key for them. What were they thinking?

Hmm, from what I read of the emails, both Adam's and Spase's, I think from the beginning, you can tell they are frauds of what they say. I mean, if they are truly the respectable people they are, I would of assume they can type and spell clearly as well.

Honestly, if I were in their shoes, I would of just denied them of anything. I mean, Adam and the mods haven't done anything illegal, so there's nothing to lose.

Adam, love the new sig. Just remember not every WoW player is a moron ;)

Those conversations are hilarious. I would have snapped.

Bottom line, there is nothing illegal about denying someone a sale. No one has to do business with them, even if they pay out the wazoo. Its our God given right in this country to be able to say no, and not be hassled by a bunch of punks that can't seem to get it through their heads that No means No! And like what was posted earlier, if they want it so bad they should take the time, learn how to do it themselves and save a little money on labor. But I will say this, if they are legit....um..anyway. They probably should rethink this because I'm pretty sure that Bungie and now more than ever, Microsoft will not like their designs and creations being used for "wars" and "protection", and this whole fiasco giving it a bad image.

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Spase's converstion with that guy just blew my mind. Words escape me. It was so disconnected from reality as to be absurd. Private security company...Georgia...9mm...? Oh, and for about $400 I can buy a complete kit for an AK-47 and assemble it into a working weapon. It'd be semi-automatic unless I filled out the paperwork with the BATFE, but still. Plans for an AK?! HA! Whatever. These guys were awfully adamant about getting molds, I noticed. Makes me wonder why they just didn't want to buy a casting and make their own molds. It would have been far more low key for them. What were they thinking?

From what I was reading, it seemed like they couldn't discern the difference between a cast and a mold, or at least were having some trouble. =P

Hey, just look at the conversations. They're not the brightest bunch it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh my head hurts from all of this, so what now anyway? What do we do about them?

well anyway it seems all the damage is done and we just have another angry degenerate on the internet who's upset on page numbering or a more professional look on a forum, heck he could've watched a step by step video tutorial i did just for fun i think that would have gotten them somewhere. Oh well you guys.

In my opinion, I think some action should be taken. I mean, after all that they have done, there must of been something that is considered illegal or against the law. I understand if someone acts like a douche, but these guys went 3 times that, plus threats to someone's health.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

These guys are ridiculous... they sound like a bunch of little kids. All this talk about guilds and peace treaties, trying to sound professional when it's clearly the diction of a bunch of losers. I hope this gets resolved quickly.

By the way, Adam your sig is hilarious!

euhm? where did the hole pepakura index go?

its all gone :angry

???

pepakuraindex.png

rundown said:
euhm? where did the hole pepakura index go?

its all gone :angry

???

It's there for me, but in any case if somebody does delete it just go to history and find an edit before all this crap happened and click on the date, that should bring up a normal version and you should be able to get whatever you need (right? the file links still work then don't they? Never tried it myself and can't test it 'cause everything is normal now)

Belakor said:
It's there for me, but in any case if somebody does delete it just go to history and find an edit before all this crap happened and click on the date, that should bring up a normal version and you should be able to get whatever you need (right? the file links still work then don't they?)

heh, your right someone restored it. I whent to that section but didnt dare to touch it. Dont wanna mess things up since i dont know athing about the wiki exept for adding things.

Well I am all for August 17 being the official 405th day.

It kind of be like our own little independence day or something, the day we beat a biker gang, the Japanese Mob, a private security firm, and a WoW Guild.

Its ridiculous... I literally sat there and read all the emails and notes that were passed and they literally can BS out their A$$ cant they? Absurd! Mad props to both Adam and Spase for showing true professionalism and representing what the 4o5th is truely about!

Cheers,

Chris Gold

BUWAHAHAHHA

Spase got trolled HARD.

Dude, how could you not figure out within the first paragraph that this tool was a snot-nosed 14 year old with intarweb access?

But I do have to give them some credit. At least they didn't try the "Hello sir/ma'am, I am a dethroned nigerian prince!..."

26 posts have gone by and i cant believe no one has called it out yet.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
If he wan't to be a real man, then he better stop hiding behing his computer screen and call all 9000+ members a neard and directly insult us face to face. Then we will see what happens.

Seriously though, reading thoes e-mails, for those who read them, really insults not only you Spase, but the 405th community as a whole. It also insults every other devoted prop making sight, weather it be halo, or non halo.

Th 405th is clearly OVER 9000!. Haha.

-----

But in all serious, ignore them and they will go away. They're obviously kids and i'm sure most of us have done some sort of trolling one way or another. An editable wiki is not "hacking".

I know you guys plan to report them, but think about it first. I'm sure alot of us have done things we all regret and i'd hate to see college ruined over a case of immaturity that will likely be grown out of in a couple of years. I went into college fairly immature and i know i did my fair share of unethical computer related deeds. I was lucky and received warnings. While i definately deserved far worse, i wouldnt be where i'm at today had they gone farther than warnings.

Just my 02 cents.

Mavrick said:
But in all serious, ignore them and they will go away. They're obviously kids and i'm sure most of us have done some sort of trolling one way or another. An editable wiki is not "hacking".

I know you guys plan to report them, but think about it first. I'm sure alot of us have done things we all regret and i'd hate to see college ruined over a case of immaturity that will likely be grown out of in a couple of years. I went into college fairly immature and i know i did my fair share of unethical computer related deeds. I was lucky and received warnings. While i definately deserved far worse, i wouldnt be where i'm at today had they gone farther than warnings.

Just my 02 cents.

I hope they do. And yes I have done some trolling myself but never to the extent that they have. As for the wiki part, I think it would be classified as vandalism.

Yeah but did you threaten people? Did you say that you would allow a group of people to find members/or people and basicaly harrass the s**t out of them. (I think thats right. Need to check a few pages back, hold on ... ... ... Yep it is) I am not saying I am better than you or anyone else because I have done things I should not have done just like everyone else. But I have never threatened to allow either myself or a group of people to basically harrass someone or a group of people because I was imature. As far as I am concerned these people deserve what they get, and if it means them going to court and being charged for harrasment, threatening people/an entire community and blackmail then so be it.

One more thing. It sounds like they are quite proud of the fact that Snnow deleted the files from wiki. Or tried to anyway. proof of that is here:

Snnow had it and played with your files. I hear you didn't recover all of them. Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you should play nice and not belittle people or threaten those people.

This was from a message sent to Adam. Now if they are basically proud of one of their members doing this then they deserve what they get. If it means court/jail time or being expelled from college then thats their own fault.

Sorry if I sound like I am being rude towards you Maverick. Im not trying to be, I am just being very blunt.

Seriously you guys, can we just stop talking about this. Its really scary to think about biker gangs, and yakuza, and WoW guilds casting spells on me and the people I care about. I mean, I don't want my roomate to be turned into a goat or anything. Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back