SpartanT117's Hazop Build; WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well aren't you coming along. I agree with the others on this thread, the bondo and sanding is the most time consuming phase of all this. (well usually, i have a particular hatred for the hardening phase) I have spent at least 60+ hours sanding my damned helmet, it takes time to get a good finish. I suggest working with 100grit sandpaper for knocking down the nasty bumps and shaping. When everything has the correct shape, use 200grit to smooth out the whole thing. Then move to 600 or higher grit wetsanding paper. After all is said and done the thing will be as smooth as fresh metal :D

nice helmet man, looks really good but it looks like it needs a lot of sanding but other than that it looks great =D
keep it up

Thanks Y'all!! a friend of mine on facebook who works on boats said spot putty was an awesome decision. So, progress reports later on this week/weekend

here we go!!!! :D Oh my goodness, they make me wanna cry!!! :') my dream is becoming more and more a reality..

handplates.jpg

EDIT: I think it's ready. comment? Now keep in mind, this guy is a war-hardened soldier, so he's not gonna be fresh out of the armory.

021112153317.jpg

021112153307.jpg

let me put it this way, your part of a sqaud of headhunter's thier was five of you, now only two are left, they had the following EOD, Recon, Hazop, ODST, Air assult. guess which ones are left?

EOD, Hazop? I can't die in your video, I die in mine, so in order for them to tie in, I kinda need to stay alive in this one. lol I don't have to be in the scene that long, they just need to see the armor, maybe as I put my helmet on, so they can look at both our videos, and say, "hey, that's T117 in both films!! cool!!"

thanks man, I am proud of it! it might not be 100% game accurate, but hey, it's nanotech, not everybody's helmet is gonna look the same, right? lol my mom let me use two of her foam floor mats for my chestpiece, so ver 4 foam stencil, HERE I COME!!!!! :D

Hey man, looking good so far, but honestly, I think you could stand to do a lot more sanding. While you don't necessarily have to go for a perfect finish, there seems to be too many imperfections left to really call the sanding finished with. I would also try to get back any lost corners or details from the over-application of Bondo, and definitely try to clean up the visor opening edges.

Just some advice, since I believe the helmet has potential to look really good. Keep it up!

Hey man, looking good so far, but honestly, I think you could stand to do a lot more sanding. While you don't necessarily have to go for a perfect finish, there seems to be too many imperfections left to really call the sanding finished with. I would also try to get back any lost corners or details from the over-application of Bondo, and definitely try to clean up the visor opening edges.

Just some advice, since I believe the helmet has potential to look really good. Keep it up!
Thanks, I've been workin on it since the last pic, Rondo'd the inside to cover all the base level messed up fiberglass strands, and I had a theory for this: if I put Rondo on the inside, to where it covers the base level strands, could it show the strands I do need to cut out? It did. :D but it's lookin real good, in fact, I've been workin on those two areas you mentioned, and it's lookin really good! thanks for the constructive criticism!

haha this one is slightly different from the noble six helm, when you get your xbox back, go to hazop and get that one, and that one is this one. however when you do get it, and start the game over, "noble six" does in fact wear it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back