Special Invite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drakku said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Btw, if you do cook something up and I'm not in school, lemme know. I've always wanted to go northeast. :3

And the next, next shindig begins!!!

There will most certainly be a Northeast shindig at my place in Lancaster, PA sometime soon. I was pitching this idea more than a year ago to Adam... leave it to somebody like Ithica to beat me to the punch! I probably would have forgotten about it without him!

Anyhow... being that my degree was as a sculpture major and an art ed. minor... it makes sense for me to hold some workshops here. The trouble for me is the logistics. My wife and I have a small home - 3 small bedrooms, 10 X 12 feet each, most of which are packed to the ceiling with collectables that would have to be temporarily relocated. We have 1 couch and it doesn't fold out if you catch my drift. We don't have much room to put people up (Welcome to the East!)

We do however have a reasonable backyard and patio. So a camping adventure may be in order. I could accomodate plenty of campers and we could move as many of the activities outdoors and in the garage as possible. Weather... it seems will be pretty darn crucial to the success of the event. My fingers are crossed already.

The other perk here is that being in PA, I'm very close to the mold material manufacturers... Smooth-On and Polytek HQ's are both less than 2 hours away. We could take a pilgramage to the mecca of all that is resin and silicone, Easton, PA! Maybe try to arrange a factory tour? I wonder if they have a company store?

Oh... nearly forgot. I work for a Lasertag and Halo 3 LAN center. We couldn't forget to bring everyone over to the Laserdome for some 'tag in our 6,000 sq. foot lasertag arena, 14 player Halo 3 in our liscensed Halo 3 LAN center, and a laser light show from the best laser light system in the east... if not the entire USA. Maybe get them to do a custom show to the Halo theme?

Oh.. and the Arbiter will be in attendance, without a doubt. ;)

There will be a 'dig at my place... I should have offered sooner. Well, let's just make it happen anyway!

I'll try to get an interest thread started here soonly. So much on the plate... but I really wanna do this!

-Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:

There will most certainly be a Northeast shindig at my place in Lancaster, PA sometime soon...

It would appear that the 405th has been bitten by the Shindig Bug. :p :lol:

Sean Bradley said:

There will most certainly be a Northeast shindig at my place in Lancaster, PA sometime soon.

Sounds good to me.

Yay, for one actually close-ish to me...okay not really,but if I happen to be visiting my grandma and cousins in OH then its only 5 hours away.

(And I'm considering college up there. :p)

Okay! I cleaned up the casts the best I could, first time with a drimmel - primered some pieces... found the camera... took pics of what I did this past weekend (Sunday the 10th) as well as other Halo armor... enjoy

...with Texan2012 showing off AR & Lancer... taken on a cell phone, kinda small
Texan2012.jpg

backpack.jpg

cheststomachhands.jpg

chest.jpg

seanbradleyhelmrt.jpg

marinehelmfront.jpg

marinehelmrt.jpg

hand.jpg

pouches.jpg

stomach.jpg

...and here's the gear from Privateer!
privateergear.jpg

Thanks go out to to Ithica, Adam, and the rest of the 405th from the "Special Invite" weekend... and thanks go to Privateer for the kick arse Pilot gear

Lolz! We have that same Halloween gargoyle at work for our Haunted House!

Thats an heckuva jump start for you armory Brutus! Awesome!

M07Marauder said:
Nicely done Brutus, good to see that chest plate came out well.

What is that creepy ass statue? :lol: .

Thanks! First time caster! First time drimmeler! First time meeting the group (or some, anyway)!

That is "Bob", our year round living room guardian... makes sure various peeps don't delete my DVR'd adult swim programs!

Adam said:
everyone likes to put the marine stomach plate upsidedown.

Damn!!!!! Consider the noobish mistake remedied!

a little photoshop never hurt anybody...
cheststomachhands1.jpg

I received a package this week related to the events of that special weekend in Texas.

A big THANK YOU! to everyone involved with sending this to me!

I wanted to get a couple of pictures of me just looking cool (shut up!) with my goodies. But unbeknownst to me someone was snap happy and got a bunch of pictures of me grinning like an idiot.

That's not a knife!
790d8fa6.jpg

Oh, wait yes it is! It's one of Lee's awesome tantos that he made for the shindig! :D
ab71856f.jpg

And what else could be in this well packaged parcel, preventing any of the goods shipped from been warped or damaged when I recieve them and thus keeping me very happy. :p ;)
3661ee21.jpg

It's one of Rube's awesome ODST casts! (y)
7cd4ba99.jpg

Gotta check it out.
6c364ec0.jpg

b8d49f46.jpg

Nice! :cool:
fb8bc330.jpg

The size seems pretty right too.
fd799216.jpg

Might have to work on the "blast shield" though. Bit hard to see through. :p
65b089ea.jpg

Here they are down in the workshop.
7cbfa687.jpg

Thanks again everyone! :D

was about to send you a message, I seen you were on but haven't heard anything about the package. Glad to see you got it all in good shape. I packed it pretty good. It looks really goos on you to. Enjoy my friend. You deserve it.

Ithica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back