Special Invite

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last vid shot when Das Brutus came down. Johnny has the rest that I took.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet deal, buddy! That's one mighty-fine lookin' GoW Lancer there. You lucky son of a-- :p lol

I couldn't help but laugh when you made the comment "I don't need a Banhammer". Hmm... maybe everyone else has a Banhammer, but Ithica has a Banlancer perhaps? :lol:

It looks and sounds like you all had a great time (was there any doubt?). Any chance of the group shot getting re-posted with names for those that weren't able to attend?

Ithica, my what a big lancer you have! Lol, I've been eyballing one of these for myself for months and now that you've got one that'll work in my favour- "But Honey, Dave has one!" :p

First off, I want to thank Dave, Brittnay and her Grandparents for opening up there house and feeding all of us for the weekend.

What an awesome weekend. If you couldn't make this weekend watch for the next one and try to go. It was such a great learning experience, beside getting to meet a lot of great people.

Again, thank you to everyone that help in getting my son and me down there for this experience. I know Kegan and I will never forget this shindig.

Thank you Spartan II, we had a blast and the GOW Lancer was a great gift.

Dreads they can be sent to sigma so you iwll need his contact info.

Juliet I need your addy so I can send the ODST from Lee. It was a great idea to make you a Soul Busa. WEe had fun making it.

Ithica

SWEET MOTHER OF JEBUS!!!

Sunday was awesome! Not only was it great to finally meet the Legendary Ithica and Adam... but to meet and work with other members of the forum... GREATNESS!

I'm going to post pics of my acquisitions as soon as I am able to transfer from my Wife's phone pics from the day and find m' camera to take pics of my new pieces!

Ithica and Wifezilla were gracious hosts, and my sympathy goes to all who were unable to attend! Your loss (rubs in face)!!!

I see an assembly line of people working on armor, weapons, and other props... the future of the "Armor Retreat" is bright, so you'd better get a good visor, pal!

ALL HAIL THE 405TH!! :not worthy:

ALL HAIL ITHICA!! :not worthy: (y) :not worthy: (y)

And thanks to Adam for the show on Sunday. I was a little saddend for missing those who were gone by then, but Adam showing up was a pleasent suprise... like the MC himself touring the green recruits before graduation! (y)

Ithica's words never rang out so clear...
If we can do it, so can you.

side note: Privateer, you were missed. :cry:

LeeKegan said:
What an awesome weekend. If you couldn't make this weekend watch for the next one and try to go. It was such a great learning experience, beside getting to meet a lot of great people.

Again, thank you to everyone that help in getting my son and me down there for this experience. I know Kegan and I will never forget this shindig.

Anyone interested in getting to the next one should go here- The Cure For The Post Shindig Blues. Privateer has picked up the ball and I'll be damned if that boy isn't sprinting his little heart out with it already! GO ON MY SON! GO! GOOOO!! :lol:

Lee, I think I can safely say from all that chipped in that it was our pleasure. Seeing your work is awesome for all of us, we were happy that we could give you something back. ;)

Ithica said:
Juliet I need your addy so I can send the ODST from Lee. It was a great idea to make you a Soul Busa. WEe had fun making it.

(y) PM on it's way...

I love getting to know forum members. I feel like I've made an impact on people. Ithica bringing everyone together means a lot. I love that group picture, and to think that's only a tiny part of what the 405th is.

Sorry I couldn't be there the whole weekend. May is a rough month this time 'round. Can't wait for the next one.

Man it was a great time! Got to meet some awesome folks, even a couple lurkers who managed to come hang out.

It was a pleasure to shake hands with Johnny and Lee and Brutus and everyone else and talk some shop and see some new techniques. That Alumino-hybrid stuff was pretty sick! Really glad Adam and Walter made it out as well. Wish I would've had more time to talk with everyone on Sunday.

Thanks to Dave and Brittany for putting it on and for the food and great hospitality.

Oh definitely, thanks a hell of a lot Dave for holding this event :not worthy: .

I owe all of you so much for all the help, advice, and swag I received while there, I don't know how I will repay you guys but I will definitely do my best to do so.

If any of you ever need anything just message me and I will try my best to help out.

Thanks again.

For all those whom I met on Sunday... pm me so I can put names with screen names... I'm horrible with remembering that stuff, so help a brutha out, eh?

Well, I was told to post the pics I had, so here are some of them:

IMG_2067.jpg

:D Me wearin' the bestest helmet evarrr. It's so awesome. And huge.
I was smiling for the picture, by the way. Can you tell?

IMG_2073.jpg

Casting a Busa. Look at me workin' so hard.

IMG_2072.jpg

Oh why, helo thar. Don't wear flip flops when casting, kthx. And also (as my fingers painfully learned) don't get plastic over your fingers and let it dry.
:D I almost have it all chipped off my hands, but not yet.

I'll post the video where everyone introduced themselves to help you out. No, you weren't in it Brutus.

:( Jealous...wish I could have been there. Looked like it was tons-o-fun.

Sean, we should have our own North-East version of this.

(That way they have to come to us. :D)

23Magnum said:
Sean, we should have our own North-East version of this.

(That way they have to come to us. :D)

Oh, I know it. Somethings in the works...

Looks like fun was had by all.

Adam said:
I'll post the video where everyone introduced themselves to help you out. No, you weren't in it Brutus.

Damn! I missed the Saturday vids, the run to walmart, the Texan Yell... but I still had fun on Sunday!!!!!

Sooo jealous........ I hate having to pretend to be a responsible adult, and not be able run away to Texas for the weekend.

DreadMullet, you and I and Widman need to get together some weekend. Are there any other Iowans I'm not remembering? There's also folks who're outside Iowa, but still nearby .

Loess said:
Sooo jealous........ I hate having to pretend to be a responsible adult, and not be able run away to Texas for the weekend.

DreadMullet, you and I and Widman need to get together some weekend. Are there any other Iowans I'm not remembering? There's also folks who're outside Iowa, but still nearby .
word... would be alot of fun, need to give it sometime to get alot more stuff put together, so we can beat the texans.

DreadMullet said:
word... would be alot of fun, need to give it sometime to get alot more stuff put together, so we can beat the texans.

Beat the Texans? GAME ON! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back