Status
Not open for further replies.

MajWood

hey there folks, I’m finally doing a passion project that I’ve wanted to do for years!
Elite Honor guard from Halo 2, I hope to be done with it before halo infinite and the anual Florence minor league baseball game this coming year.

Much thanks to blind luck for coming upon the post by Cadet. Thanks to you and everyone who shows up each year, I hope to see everyone who can make it.

This is also a passion project so I don’t have a lot of time without loosing a lot of sleep, (rip sleep lol)

If anyone has any tip or tricks I’d be happy to hear them.

Edit: so doing in this, keep in mind, I’m taking a few liberties with the shape and look of the armor to better suit me but I’m going to try to keep the essence of the armor as much as possible. This is also my first armor build so I don’t expect it to turn out exactly as it should.

1E8A0F00-D2AF-4CDC-BFC4-EBBD4486F08E.png

Last edited:
Now, I’m working on the shoulder armor at the moment but I have some tweeks that I’d like some feed back on,

First: regarding the cod piece, there are plenty of elites in later games that have them but halo 2 elites lack a certain amount of lower business protection. Thoughts on adding that in? My first instinct is yes

Second is weather or not to complete the chest piece, the open chest concept doesn’t suit me much. I’d be adding my own look to finish it out but I don’t want to take too much away from the original honor guard look.

I did a quick google of the honour guard and found Halo 4/5 versions with a full chest plate. The centre part was a dark colour close to the Elite skin tone. Sadly... no cod piece.

Well, as most people who have done a morph suit might attest to, I’m fairly certain a cod piece is going to be mandatory. I’ll try to keep it subtle.
Edit: I might just do a protective cup, it would just not suit to not have something covering my unmentionables.

If you go with the morphsuit you could always invest in a... What did TurboCharizard call it... Ummmm... A dance belt!

Yep. A dance belt is not for personal comfort, it's for everyone else's mental and emotional comfort.

As a gentleman who had never worn a thong, it took some getting used to. Keeping everything PG13 in a skin tight body suit though is definitely important when dressing up as a Halo character. Kiddos love Halo, parents love Halo, everyone wants pictures with the robot/transformer/Power Ranger/RoboCop/Space Marine and not having your doodle show up in someones family vacation photo album seems like a good investment of a couple bucks.

Yep. A dance belt is not for personal comfort, it's for everyone else's mental and emotional comfort.

As a gentleman who had never worn a thong, it took some getting used to. Keeping everything PG13 in a skin tight body suit though is definitely important when dressing up as a Halo character. Kiddos love Halo, parents love Halo, everyone wants pictures with the robot/transformer/Power Ranger/RoboCop/Space Marine and not having your doodle show up in someones family vacation photo album seems like a good investment of a couple bucks.

Lol, indeed. My only question was to go with a athletic cup inside the suit or a cod piece and I think I know what to go with.

Cod piece and Athletic cup, one’s for showin one’s for holdin.

Man that's looking really good! Ive always love the scenes from halo 2 with the honor guard elites. I'll have to beat that campaign again as soon as I'm done with my h3 chief armor build. Literally taking all of my spare time! Lol

Man that's looking really good! Ive always love the scenes from halo 2 with the honor guard elites. I'll have to beat that campaign again as soon as I'm done with my h3 chief armor build. Literally taking all of my spare time! Lol

Lol, yeah. You’ve seen my big lovable ball of floof so keeping up with cleaning has been neglected a bit here so it’s taking the spare time out of my spare time. But I’m going to start the Honor Guard staff soon here so hopefully I can get back on track shortly.

Btw, anyone have any tips on what kind of paint I should use? I was thinking a florescent paint or try to find some glow in the dark kind of paint for a nice little “WOW” factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back