Stiilus' Armour & Weapon Builds (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY PICTURES!!!!!

OOOOOO very nice sir, i love it. I like the scenery too. Looks like it would be nice to work in.
Smart dog ya got there :)

I agree with drack on this one, that visor is top notch. i want to do an EVA helmet and been trying to figure out how i would go about the visor, but yours is awesome! might be using as refrence lol
Keep up the great work bud!

Man that has to be the best visor build I have ever seen! I was just planning what I thought was a complicated visor this morning for my next helmet but now it just seems simple. Top marks dude! :)

i really do need to build a vacformer. there is just so much work i could have avoided here if i'd just gone and built one before i started this helmet. oh well... i guess i was just too tempted to do this build as i just don't see many out there, plus at the time, there were tonnes of people that were saying how hard it would be to build it, almost like people saw it as sacred or taboo. the challenged lured me in... i know it's not game accurate, but until frank o'conner comes knocking on my front door i'm just going to keep screwing with the cannon :) ...

it was super crazy trying to figure out how to put it all together. i had an idea roughly of what i wanted to do with it, but i think i spent about 2, maybe 3 weeks, thinking about how to implement it. even on the day i was glueing the final bits on i was thinking of "what if i had put it together this way instead?" all in all, i couldn't be happier with how it had turned out...

YAY PICTURES!!!!!

OOOOOO very nice sir, i love it. I like the scenery too. Looks like it would be nice to work in.
Smart dog ya got there :)

I agree with drack on this one, that visor is top notch. i want to do an EVA helmet and been trying to figure out how i would go about the visor, but yours is awesome! might be using as refrence lol
Keep up the great work bud!

do it for sure :D ... if you need reference pics just let me know. i'll get round to running it through photoshop at some point and painting the different visors up so people can understand what part is a different visor and what not, but seriously, anything, just ask dude :) ...

lol. Love the 'pew pew'. It'd be a different outcome if it was to scale. hehe

lol. yeah, i know, but don't tell that to Fred :D ... still though, even kyle reese had his doubts about it.

"with these weapons, i don't know..."

then KABOOM! big arnie was crawling around for the next 20 minutes. remember kiddies, nothing brings a bad guy down to size like a pipe bomb to the crotch...

(don't actually try that... i don't want fame and glory for putting that idea into somebodies head, so NO PIPE BOMBS people)

Ok, so I didn't post anything over the long weekend, but hey, it wasn't all just because I've been lazy. My weapon thread is about to go active again, nothing huge, but I want to get a few more pics of the EVA helmet up before I chuck the pics up of the new project...

Anyway, got a few nice close ups and what not for you all... Enjoy :D ...

PC110316.jpg

PC110315.jpg

PC110314.jpg

PC110313.jpg

I really do wish that I could have shared the construction of this visor with you all. Instead now it almost feels like it's some kind of state secret. Bugger that... I'll Photoshop the various parts in different colours at some point (as previously stated) to clarify what part is a separate layer to what... Would you believe that I even used a canvas belt with D buckles to hold the bubble visor in place while the glue dried... I had to use a slow drying one on that one part, just to make sure I got it to sit evenly on both sides... I left it over night to dry, thinking I would just go check on it in the morning, but my brain had other plans, and I ended up waking up nearly every hour to check it hadn't slipped... The sacrifices we make for what we love, eh?

PC110312.jpg

PC110329.jpg

Seeing as the rebreathers on this helmet are the very first thing I've ever cast, I'm doubly happy with the way they turned out. I based the shape of these off of the WETA EVA helmet... I may end up buying one of their mini replica's of this helmet or possibly the CQB one instead... Or maybe both, I'm undecided at this point in time...

PC110328.jpg

When I did the weathering on this helmet (the scratch marks in particular) there was a slight breeze outside that blew the overspray back onto the helmet... As a result there is a lot more details to the scratches that just don't show up in the photo's... The small "pits" that you can see in the paint work here were created using a sponge... More on that though when I get round to doing a painting tutorial :) ...

PC110327.jpg

PC110326.jpg

PC110325.jpg

PC110324.jpg

PC110323.jpg

There's some of the overspray I mentioned on the Metallic Charcoal... I think it lends to the idea of micro-schrapnel doing a sort of "sandblasting" effect to the paint work... Serendipitous to say the least, I wish I could claim that I had intended for it to happen :D ...

And that's my 15 pic limit for this post (didn't think smilies would count...)
I'll be back later with some more pics for you all tomorrow. Meanwhile, sleep beckons so I'll bid you all farewell...

Gaaah it's awesome!!!

The visor...the details...the paint... all beautiful. I'm excited for that paint tutorial :D

wow, got a crazy response overnight to those last pics, several hundred views in just the last week?! insane... anyway...

That thing is just great sir!! The weathering looks especially well done.

-Matt

thanks matt. this was the first time i went all out with the weathering. before this i was just trying to find my own technique i guess, but through a little experimentation i seem to have found what works best for me...

Damm, this thing is incredible. Great Job

thank you very much... i tried to explain it to my boss today what it is i do in my spare time... he laughed and shook his head... i think he was hoping i wanted all the fiberglass to make fishing lures or something (he's a very avid fisher), so was a little taken by surprise when i said i build helmets... i think i'll just show him this thread next time :) ...

ZOMG! It is so pretty! Very well done sir! I can't wait to see that PSing explanation ur going to do!

i'll try to keep a little time put aside this weekend to run it through Photoshop... it's been a while since i even ran that program i'll have to do a five minute crash course to see what i remember :) ...

wow sir, that helmet is just down right pretty lol. the visor lens looks amazing.

thanks Cinderblock. i know i'm in the right place when someone can call a weather-worn helmet "pretty" :) ... it took ages to try to figure out how to build the visor without a vacformer that i'm so glad the rest of the helmet was a breeze... i really do need to build a vac former...

Gaaah it's awesome!!!

The visor...the details...the paint... all beautiful. I'm excited for that paint tutorial :D

hopefully i get the time to do a small one this weekend. no, i WILL get the time to do it this weekend, but, unfortunately i know that i won't get it finished in the one and a half days... i have to do another saturday shift, but such is life. the extra cash will go into my slush fund for my next build :D ...

Another thrilling installment... I've some more photo's to put up :) ...

PC110322.jpg

PC110321.jpg

"The Septagon - symbolizes all that is right in the multiplayer world. ... bound by honor, Bungie, and celebratory crouching..."

PC110320.jpg

PC110317.jpg

I did originally stencil the UNSC logo in, but just like with the MkV after it, half the logo came off when I removed the stencil, so I had to freehand a lot of it back on anyway...

PC110319.jpg

Just makes the helmet more official looking I guess :) ...

PC110318.jpg

I wish I had my Tamiya paints back when I did this helmet... They just look so much cleaner than the oil paint I used for the logo's and symbols on this helmet. That being said, I am still happy with how the paint job turned out on this helmet given what I had at my disposal at the time :) ...

PC110339.jpg

PC110338.jpg

PC110337.jpg

I had to make the top about 1cm thick just so I could cut those two small details in behind the yellow band on the top. I probably should weigh this helmet one day, just out of sheer curiosity. It does have a bit of heft to it, and yet doesn't seem to weigh in as much as the MkV when I pick them both up together... Of course it could just be my imagination ;) ...

And that's all I've got time for tonight... I had another big day at work, and I want to get a few hours in skulking around in the shadows shooting out lights again before I turn in for the night. So once again, adieu :D ...

I have one word for this helmet. SEXY! lol I love it man, i will definatly be looking to this thread for when i decide to do an EVA Helmet

I have one word for this helmet. SEXY! lol I love it man, i will definatly be looking to this thread for when i decide to do an EVA Helmet

thanks Mstruvmgc... i want to build a few more "sexy" helmets to decorate my place. soon i'll have quite the collection, so i may have to purpose build some shelves to house them all. i showed a guy at the local print shop what i do today (i had to get some pep pieces printed on some extra heavy card, and when he opened the ported pdf he was like "wtf is this meant to be?" so it was easier to just show him... i've checked your rogue build a few times and i think it may be one of the helmets i do build... just not sure weather to go with the halo 3 or reach model... plenty of time to think on it yet :D ...

thanks Mstruvmgc... i want to build a few more "sexy" helmets to decorate my place. soon i'll have quite the collection, so i may have to purpose build some shelves to house them all. i showed a guy at the local print shop what i do today (i had to get some pep pieces printed on some extra heavy card, and when he opened the ported pdf he was like "wtf is this meant to be?" so it was easier to just show him... i've checked your rogue build a few times and i think it may be one of the helmets i do build... just not sure weather to go with the halo 3 or reach model... plenty of time to think on it yet :D ...

Having sexy helmets to decorate your house sounds like a stellar idea lol. Im gonna do that to when i can. :)
yeah its great when people at work see me building stuff they are like "wtf are you doing??" and while trying to explain it to them they get this deer in the headlights look and just nod lol.

wait wait wait, reach has a rogue version?? I have not seen this yet... Am i missing out on something lol.
I like the helmet the best or out all of them in 3.

Having sexy helmets to decorate your house sounds like a stellar idea lol. Im gonna do that to when i can. :)
yeah its great when people at work see me building stuff they are like "wtf are you doing??" and while trying to explain it to them they get this deer in the headlights look and just nod lol.

wait wait wait, reach has a rogue version?? I have not seen this yet... Am i missing out on something lol.
I like the helmet the best or out all of them in 3.

uh, maybe i'm thinking of the scout?

i did see these on the internuts and still live in hope... i'm yet to unlock all of reaches armour. guess i've been spending too much time building :) ...

wip_reach_rogue_helmet_by_megao93-d3dvn0w.jpg

wip_reach_rogue_helmet_2_by_megao93-d3e67zv.jpg

rogue_helmet___how_s_looking__by_megao93-d3fgtl2.jpg

reach_rogue_helmet_by_megao93-d3gd8fg.jpg

i checked my pep pack and it's not there. if it doesn't exist then there just may be an opening there for me to build it :D ...

DUDE!!!!! Its totally the rogue! this make me want to go unlock all the armor in reach lol.
Yeah i have not seen it in my pep stuff either. If you build this let me know, i will be giddy. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back