Stiilus' Armour & Weapon Builds (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE!!!!! Its totally the rogue! this make me want to go unlock all the armor in reach lol.
Yeah i have not seen it in my pep stuff either. If you build this let me know, i will be giddy. lol

i think i'll have to learn a bit about blender... i've checked the official reach thread but didn't see the file there either... seeing as i've never done any 3d modeling before, making such a file might take me a while ;) ...

Well i cant do much, but if i can help let me know :)

i got a blender for dummies book (yes, that really is as much as i know about blender)... hopefully that'll teach me what i need to know to get me started and the rest i'll pick up by intuition :) ... i can't believe what a noob i sound like right now... also, i checked every halo reach helmet permutation, and the helmet doesn't exist in reach. bummer :( ... but i did find that i have nearly all the helmets in the game (only got EOD & SECURITY to go), so soon i'll have the haunted helmet. i've been focusing on trying to get that one helmet and ignoring all the other armour pieces in the mean time. that means i'll have plenty of inspiration to work with when i've got them all :D ... i'll keep you post as to when i actually start to work on it. i did find some other prototypes bungie made, so i might work off them for some of the basic shapes...

Ok, Ok. So it's been a while since I put any pics up of the Eva, but I swear that it wasn't entirely my fault. Life just got very busy again is all. But I finally got a day off, so, while floating around doing sweet FA i figured I might as well do something semi constructive... Anyway, I think I was up to showing off the visor...?

PC110336.jpg

PC110335.jpg

PC110334.jpg

I know this part up the top isn't 100% symetrical, but I'm still happy with it anyway. The idea behind this part was that it could be "up armoured" with that panel that sits across the top on the Reach version... Keep in mind that this version sits between the Reach model and the Halo 3 model...

PC110333.jpg

Quite the sniper magnet, indeed...

PC110332.jpg

Shiny :D ...

PC110331.jpg

I just have to say, that even with how simple the shape the jawline is on this helmet, I just love how strong it looks... I don't just mean on this helmet, but on the Halo 3 model as well. If I ever do get around to building a vac former I would love to have another crack at doing this helmet as game accurate as possible :) ...

PC110348.jpg

That's what it looks like when wearing this helmet. 100% vision, sans where the little fan is of course...

PC110346.jpg

And with me being light sensitive, it's still dark enough in there for me. I'm surprised really, given just how much of the helmet is visor that lets light in, that they filter just the right amount out so I don't get blinded in full sunlight :) ...

So that's it for the visor. Only got a few more pics to put up and I'm done showing this little baby off. It'll still turn up in the "family portrait" from time to time, of course, but I'm looking at some of the painting techniques I used on this and I've moved on from there, learnt new things so to speak... Anyway, if I get the time tomorrow I'll chuck the rest of the pics up, maybe even add a few more to the weapons thread while I'm at it. 'Til then, adios peoples...

Well Ok... Anyway, I'm back with a few more pics, hopefully the last of them in regards to this helmet, then I'll do a quick Photoshop of the visor breakdown as I promised earlier :) ...

PC110345.jpg

The fan, just like the LED lights, runs off a single 9V battery. The fan is just a basic laptop fan and is rated to run at 12V for full effect, but at 9V it gets the job done, even if it does spin a little slower than it's full capabilities...

PC110344.jpg

It was childishly simple... To be precise, it was simply childish... The circuits literally are just a switch and the battery plus either the fan or the LED's. It's exactly the same type of wiring rig I used for the MkV. The little box the switch is housed in is a mini junction box, the kind that you would find in the electrical section of you local hardware store. Mine came with some extra terminals molded to the inside that I had to cut out with my Dremel to get the switch to fit. Simple, but effective :) ...

PC110343.jpg

And the other one. The battery housing is a loop of craft foam just stuck to the inside, barely big enough to hold the battery in place so I don't loose precious real estate or have 9V batteries clunking around my head...

PC110342.jpg

Another custom lining... I like the inside of this helmet so much more than the inside of the MkV... I think it's because there's more red...

PC110341.jpg

And there's the weed fabric wrapped around a large chunk of foam... I think this helmet needs a bit more to stop the bobble head action from going on, just on the sides, near my temples, but again, I don't really wear these things, so I don't think I'm going to bother...

PC110340.jpg

Not to sure why this photo is at the back of the album, but I'll put it here anyway... The Metallic Charcoal really shows off the curve on the back of this one... I used a palm sander to achieve most of the curve, but had to resort to files down lower where the top body meets the red band that goes around the back so I could get a crisp angle between the two...

PC110350.jpg

Well, what do you know?! This is the first ever "family portrait" I took way back when. I had only built these three at the time and was halfway through making the Plasma pistol that I'd actually started before the EVA... Uh, time kinda has no relevance to me obviously, but the timeline of the builds does make sense. Kinda... From here on out I should just be putting updates up as I go for all my builds, as I did with the MkV so as not to confuse everyone with past tense and already happenings... Even at this late hour I still feel bad that I couldn't share this build experience with you all, that at some points it would have been good to share how I got through some of the trouble spots and what not...

And so that's it. No more photo's, just a bit of Photoshop to go, and this helmets officially taken it's place in this thread :D ... If there is anything that I didn't photograph well enough, or whatever, let me know. I'll snap a few more off and chuck them up no worries...

Catch you later groovy groovers :D ...

I love seeing all the details and stuff inside nd out of your helmet. :)

the MkVI was the first helmet i ever made, and i kinda started doing the lining thing way back with it. i even got plumbers insulation tubes (the eva foam tubes put over water pipes to prevent them bursting during winter), split them length wise in half and put the detailed padded bits in around the back of the neck and chin that you get a glimpse of in starry night, the halo 3 trailer. when i get the time i'll take some pics of the inside of it and put them up for comparison between all three so far :D ...

dude......

O.M.G! Thats all

Oh btw if you want me to model that helmet for you i'd be happy, or if you want any tips or pointers just shoot me a PM and i would be overjoyed to help

I love the weathering on both your helmets! They are awesome!

thank you BlueManiac. i need to put a tutorial up on how i do it. one day i'll make a piece specifically just for it. i was going to do that with the knife, but there just isn't enough details on it to bother. oh well... eventually :) ...

dude......

O.M.G! Thats all

Oh btw if you want me to model that helmet for you i'd be happy, or if you want any tips or pointers just shoot me a PM and i would be overjoyed to help

thank you Rhinoc. your models are legendary here. i love them... i would love to pick your brains on modelling.

honestly though i know it would be faster for me to get you to model it rather than for me to attempt it, but i wouldn't really be learning anything by doing it that way... i've been promising myself to learn 3d modeling for years now (omg, like 10 years now) and this'll really put the rocket up me so to speak to really want to learn to how to do it. i'll definitely pm you for tips and pointers...

by all means though, don't let that stop you, i'll probably be grey haired by the time i finish it, so if you really wanted to model it, feel free to do so :D ...

You're Eva helmet is a work of art. I love all the detail you put into this piece. As to the visor.... Well lets just say that it stands alone as a Epic piece. Thank you greatly for sharing all you're hard work. :cool

You're Eva helmet is a work of art. I love all the detail you put into this piece. As to the visor.... Well lets just say that it stands alone as a Epic piece. Thank you greatly for sharing all you're hard work. :cool

thanks thorn696. hopefully i get even better over time. one day i hope to be able to produce my own models and unique builds, something really crazy that nobody's ever seen or done anything like before. one day... i've still got to learn the basic's of 3d modelling, but if i aim high and still miss the bar, well at least i can say i tried, right. and that's the important bit.

as for the "hard work", well, having been dragged into building and renovating at the age of ten by my mother has taught me some very interesting skills along the last twenty odd years that help me "cheat" a little and still achieve the results i want :D ...

one day i hope to be able to produce my own models and unique builds, something really crazy that nobody's ever seen or done anything like before.

as for the "hard work", well, having been dragged into building and renovating at the age of ten by my mother has taught me some very interesting skills along the last twenty odd years that help me "cheat" a little and still achieve the results i want :D ...

I look forward to seeing that day :-D
and i wouldnt call it cheating lol, just smarted ways to achieve epicness lol
I agree with thorn, thanks for showing off your awesome stuff man

Umm ur not supposed to hold the magnum like that but the awsome helmets covers it up

Umm he was holding it how the chief does after he bashes someone with it, and you can hold on to the front end of the gun when firing because only the back part of the slide recoils with the desert eagle style setup of the magnum.

Anyways, im always astounded by your level of work Stiilus, just one question? what next? :p

Umm he was holding it how the chief does after he bashes someone with it, and you can hold on to the front end of the gun when firing because only the back part of the slide recoils with the desert eagle style setup of the magnum.

Anyways, im always astounded by your level of work Stiilus, just one question? what next? :p

i'm glad it translated as that... i didn't want to come across as some non-halo-gamer who didn't know how to hold a pistol... lol... i like best that Akira just sits there looking up at me "You wouldn't melee me, would ya dad?"...

as for next, well i did have a few weeks off just now, and did get busy with the pep'ing and fibreglass, but i think i'm going to have to start a new thread as this project fits into neither the armour or weapons categories i've got going so far... stay tuned though people, as soon as i get some more work done i'll start the thread and put some pics up :D ...

Your skills are amazing !
I love the eva helmet (these skills are ******* superior !!) gosh this gif describes my face atm :
imgur-rgdmk.gif

Your skills are amazing !
I love the eva helmet (these skills are f---ing superior !!) gosh this gif describes my face atm :
imgur-rgdmk.gif

thanks mate... i love the gif. i'm still laughing at it. it sums up pretty much how i feel when i see someone pull off an epic build as well... :D

thanks mate... i love the gif. i'm still laughing at it. it sums up pretty much how i feel when i see someone pull off an epic build as well... :D
glad to cheer you up a bit =D i love it when people are happy around and proud of their work ! :)

So, here's some shots of the neck...

P3080650.jpg

I know it's not Hollywood grade stuff, but I'm pretty chuffed at how the neck turned out, I think it was worth using the original Halo:CE pep file by Rundown just for the neck alone :) ... Again, I would like to thank him for a great model to work with. It was a breeze to pep and I had no complications figuring out what parts went where...

P3080651.jpg

P3080652.jpg

P3080654.jpg

I think it ended up with a bit of the Anniversary feel to it anyway, when you look at it side on :D ...

P3080655.jpg

Hmmm :( ... Apparently in some parts of Thailand this is considered a "mirror chrome gold" visor... I would call it a smoke gold visor, and I probably wouldn't end up with an irate Aussie send me emails trying to find out why it doesn't look like the one on eBay... It's all good if the photo is taken with the maximum amount of light turned up as bright as it can go and if you have a major retailer in Italy selling the same thing under the same description... I was told the Italians never had my complaint... I never told him I was half Italian, living in the largest Italian community in Australia :D ... Instead, I just resigned never to shop with him again...

Of note, never argue with an idiot... They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...

On a happier note... The visor fits pretty good, held in place by five 3/4"x1/4" screws, which I think I showed the insert nuts for earlier. There is one in the jawline and another set in both the cheeks and the temples... I normally would have settled for just the four (one in the top and bottom and a set on the sides) but I wanted to try something different with this helmet... I'll put some pics up of the screw layout when I start to line the inside :D ...

P3080656.jpg

P3080657.jpg

The visor does look gold in these last two pics, but I'm not going to be walking around in twilight all the time... The annoying thing is that it's also kinda see-through... I'll have to make a really good seal around the neck to block out any superfluous light from creeping in and showing my face...

And so that's all I got for now, you're all up to speed and you're seeing what I'm seeing... I'll be washing my very grubby car tomorrow, but might be able to get some wiring done in the afternoon hopefully :D ...

As always, any input is appreciated, even the negative stuff, so keep it coming... Ciao...

why isnt this in the elite section huh cmon people who is with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back