The Noble One Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1113.jpg

nice helmet distorted!
carters helm always reminds me of the old fashioned war gas masks :/
but yours looks awesome!

So I finally got the flexible boot toe thing finished and casted, I'll get some pics as soon as my camera get charged. And I will be doing a run of them and my forearm if anyone is interested! Carter is still being tweaked, so it'll still be a little while before I mold him. Maybe after halloween.

Thanks Distorted!!
Ahah For a rushed job it turned out pretty good for me :D

I'm so interested in seeing these shoes!
Maybe shipping will he cheaper with these :p

Humm. Interesting. It doesn't look like you went the bondo/rondo route any where? Interested in knowing more about how you went from a pep model to a hardened product? What did you use? I'm in the exterior bondo apply and sculpt phase of mine at the moment and wish I had now doen it another way. The dust is a huge mess.
What did you use to harden the helmet with?

ahh nvm i see here "its this stuff from performix, its called anything foam. Basically i thin it down and you can glaze it on and then while its evened out, hit it with the hair dryer to speed up the curing process. I'll also be going over the entire thing with Plasti Dip spray to give it a little more durability."

jeeeez! Now I ..eh...wish I knew about that stuff. damn lol

Humm. Interesting. It doesn't look like you went the bondo/rondo route any where? Interested in knowing more about how you went from a pep model to a hardened product? What did you use? I'm in the exterior bondo apply and sculpt phase of mine at the moment and wish I had now doen it another way. The dust is a huge mess.
What did you use to harden the helmet with?

ahh nvm i see here "its this stuff from performix, its called anything foam. Basically i thin it down and you can glaze it on and then while its evened out, hit it with the hair dryer to speed up the curing process. I'll also be going over the entire thing with Plasti Dip spray to give it a little more durability."

jeeeez! Now I ..eh...wish I knew about that stuff. damn lol

I just used smoothcast 300 to harden and kept building up thin layers ( 4 or 5) until I was happy with the lack of fold lines visable, sanded, then coated with the anything foam. I thinned it with a little water to get it paintable, glazed it on a 4 square inch section, then hit it with a dryer while it was still leveling out to speed cure it in place.

I just used smoothcast 300 to harden and kept building up thin layers ( 4 or 5) until I was happy with the lack of fold lines visable, sanded, then coated with the anything foam. I thinned it with a little water to get it paintable, glazed it on a 4 square inch section, then hit it with a dryer while it was still leveling out to speed cure it in place.

GENIUS!

SO GENIUS.:cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back