*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok cool, I mean, A1TDs is good and all, but this looks a bit more acurate. Quick question, how do you turn off the colors? I'm used to the dotted lines, or, what does red and blue mean. Which is mountain and which is valley?

that is a very nice and organised unfold carapathia!
if i was going to make these though, i'd probly use some of the pockets off my webbing...
other wise, you have made some carters very happy
hope to see it in your build as well

CJ

I only included the pouches in this pep as sort of a sizer. They can be used, but even I will be substituting them with leather pouches in the end.

carpathiavh99, you are my hero
but looking at it now, unfolded and pep'd
i didnt downscale it for my down scaled chest piece and it seems a bit big and due to me being out of cardstock, turns out im just going to custom build one out of cardboard...

-n00bie_out

Ouch!

hey everyone, ive re unfolded my forearm for the robo side of kat, got it from 70 pieces to 15! it was originally unfolded by cirkob, so credit to cirkob for the original unfold :)
http://www.4shared.com/file/r2xMYLrx/katroboforarm_unfoldCirkob5477.html

and ive also made a more accurate kat handplate, so i hope you all like it! its been modelled and unfolded by meeee :p
its what im going to be using for my kat build, and it should be ok to pep, ive yet to do that though. should have it done by tonight.
kathandplate.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/LxXhpdOU/kat_handplate_hd_modelled_AceN.html
also im going to be modelling a better robo forearm, im going to shorten the piece ive already done and add the elbow part to it, so it will be all one piece, then the bicep as a seperate piece.

Quick suggestion. The new Carter helmet that Ruze unfolded, the chin and breathing vents seem together as one part of the helmet when they're separated like King Cobra's unfold. Also the wire looking things on the side are missing and the back of the helmet is missing those indents, or whatever you want to call them, on each side. If there's a way anyone could change the chin/vents and the add the two indents in the back, as in somehow combine King Cobras and Ruze's, we could have the high def Carter helmet, we've been trying to make. for now I'm sticking with my finished King Cobra one. To see what I mean, check out the Blue Realms Carter helmet progress.

http://www.bluerealmstudios.com/2010/07/16/carter-helmet-progress/

Quick suggestion. The new Carter helmet that Ruze unfolded, the chin and breathing vents seem together as one part of the helmet when they're separated like King Cobra's unfold. Also the wire looking things on the side are missing and the back of the helmet is missing those indents, or whatever you want to call them, on each side. If there's a way anyone could change the chin/vents and the add the two indents in the back, as in somehow combine King Cobras and Ruze's, we could have the high def Carter helmet, we've been trying to make. for now I'm sticking with my finished King Cobra one. To see what I mean, check out the Blue Realms Carter helmet progress.

http://www.bluerealmstudios.com/2010/07/16/carter-helmet-progress/

--That is not a King Cobra Carter helmet, it was modeled by A1TD (now Jakrit? after the forum change). People have been calling it The King Cobra Carter helmet but he only unfolded it.

--I'm not sure what you mean exactly about the chin/ vents thing. I modeled it how I saw it in the 20 screenshots I took of Carter's helmet from the Beta. If you're talking about the chin plate (the blue part) itself looking like it runs into the helmet (the black part), that's just Pep interpreting the fold as not a severe angle.

--I don't know why you would ask:
"If there's a way anyone could change the chin/vents and the add the two indents in the back, as in somehow combine King Cobras and Ruze's"
instead of asking me to revise my model. To ask someone else to export my model and alter it by combining it with someone else's is totally the wrong way to go about it.

I've got a revised one going right now. The indents in the back are there, the chin's angles are a little sharper, and I'm adding the detail on the cheek as a floating face. It's not a wire it's just a little raised detail, and since that's such a cluttered area already I think that adding a little extra piece of something on top will be better than more tiny folds.

--That is not a King Cobra Carter helmet, it was modeled by A1TD (now Jakrit? after the forum change). People have been calling it The King Cobra Carter helmet but he only unfolded it.

--I'm not sure what you mean exactly about the chin/ vents thing. I modeled it how I saw it in the 20 screenshots I took of Carter's helmet from the Beta. If you're talking about the chin plate (the blue part) itself looking like it runs into the helmet (the black part), that's just Pep interpreting the fold as not a severe angle.

--I don't know why you would ask:
"If there's a way anyone could change the chin/vents and the add the two indents in the back, as in somehow combine King Cobras and Ruze's"
instead of asking me to revise my model. To ask someone else to export my model and alter it by combining it with someone else's is totally the wrong way to go about it.

I've got a revised one going right now. The indents in the back are there, the chin's angles are a little sharper, and I'm adding the detail on the cheek as a floating face. It's not a wire it's just a little raised detail, and since that's such a cluttered area already I think that adding a little extra piece of something on top will be better than more tiny folds.

Oh okay! I was gonna make all these camparison charts and whatnot that would take space on the forum. But you just saved me time. Can't wait to see it. Sorry for the confusion. Other than my opinions, i did like your unfold alot. and in A1TD in his thread back before the new site for making a draft model for the Commando helmet.

first 2 post are behind a little, i know ruze probly has a reason but there's about 20-30 pages worth of links missing

not complaining, just saying

CJ

E:also, nice model and unfold carapathia! will build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back