Timecon's Ironman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that helmet is looking pretty cool. It's kinda funny looking.

The suit is looking good too, you do good work. I follow all your threads.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
that is awesome

are you doing the whole suit custom? or was this just for fun?

I may but ironman first, the helmet was just to give me a break

Last edited by a moderator:
That really works Timecon, really out there, in a good way.

Was there any inspiration for this build or was you just doodling?.

Either way it worked out a treat.

Rebostar said:
That really works Timecon, really out there, in a good way.

Was there any inspiration for this build or was you just doodling?.

Either way it worked out a treat.

Wow... Very cool idea :D

It looks to me like a sniper/recon Iron Man. Awesome!

As always, you amaze me with your work.:D

---Stonewall

Stonewall said:
Wow... Very cool idea :D

It looks to me like a sniper/recon Iron Man. Awesome!

As always, you amaze me with your work. :D

---Stonewall

Thanks! and your correct I used the same sniper goggles that I used on my odst helmet that savvy designed with modifications of course

Hmm... I have one question. You make an Stomag Piece and Cod Piece by yourself or you download them from web?

Good work man. Good work.

Buxzzix said:
Hmm... I have one question. You make an Stomag Piece and Cod Piece by yourself or you download them from web?

Good work man. Good work.

there from carnages thread all though I had to make them a lot bigger as the normal size wouldn't fit

most of you may have seen this vid I posted it a few nights ago, but in case you havent here it is.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkS70oyLi_g[/media]

also unfolded clarx's leg model (I don't own pep 3 so its not saved yet) and I'm tring it out this looks like it may fit with a little modification but I need to make the thigh first to see how well it fits first

48ba9bee.jpg

346b062a.jpg

06287bab.jpg

If you need anything changed or saved in pepakura version 3 let me know. I am also using clarx's leg files for my own build. Love your progress so far. The custom helmet is interesting... in a good way.

looking solid there. is it difficult using cardboard instead of cardstock? I used cardstock to create the leg and it ended up being flimsy and what not. and i want to use cardboard like you do, but i dont think my printer can handle it.

also, would you mind showing us that helmet you got in the background there?

jdawg224 said:
looking solid there. is it difficult using cardboard instead of cardstock? I used cardstock to create the leg and it ended up being flimsy and what not. and i want to use cardboard like you do, but i dont think my printer can handle it.

also, would you mind showing us that helmet you got in the background there?

I print it on regular paper and stick it to the cardboard. and the helmet is just the one a few pages back I havent really done anything much on it, I'm making the new dungbeetle one I guess I'm still playing with the design

timecon said:
I print it on regular paper and stick it to the cardboard. and the helmet is just the one a few pages back I havent really done anything much on it, I'm making the new dungbeetle one I guess I'm still playing with the design

I'm kind of interested in this since your peps always look so great. Any chance we could get a video of what that process is exactly? Info like what thickness of cardboard you use and how well it bends to curves would be appreciated. If you can't make a video of the process, I understand. We all live busy lives.

One more thing. Do you do the same thing with helmets?

Samuray said:
I'm kind of interested in this since your peps always look so great. Any chance we could get a video of what that process is exactly? Info like what thickness of cardboard you use and how well it bends to curves would be appreciated. If you can't make a video of the process, I understand. We all live busy lives.

One more thing. Do you do the same thing with helmets?

It's priority USPS boxes... They are made of what's called "e flute" corrugated cardboard. The thinnest I've seen is "f flute"

Tim would have to elaborate on the process. I'm still stumped as to how you glue the peices together without the glue tabs...

I havent got much done its slow going with only having a porch to work on, but the was weather some what warm enough to work on tues so I did a few hours of work then it started to snow again wed.

shoulder

7509e2a1.jpg

7f03832f.jpg

still a lot more sanding and work to be done

45148daf.jpg

e0569aa9.jpg

83d110d6.jpg

eed9e6be.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back