-Ua tac pad by MissingSpartan7
do feel special! :)

you're current work with foam is quite the excellent
hope mine does turn out this good

as for files, as much as i like mine
i do sometimes recommend better ones
for the assault shoulder (CQC) i suggest using the one by Ruze
and for grenadier, i'm still divided between mine and rhinoc's
although it is nice to see someone using the UA/TACPAD, didn't know if anyone would or not
"this brings warm feelings to my heart" /yoda

will be watching this build carefully
CJ

E: also, is secret helmet GUNGNIR?

Nice EOD man! EOD is my Helmet of chioce too! I am going to post a thread for my build as soon as I get some reference pictures. Right now I have it rondoed and am detailing it. But your peps are way cool! Keep it up!

Hey bud, Which Helm are you trying to foam?
Take a few looks at the two I did if you need any reference. And also just to help ya in the Long run, Section the build, Top Cranial to base of cranial( which is back half) Then do the Brow section (Brim area) Then do the Jaw Line.

Hope that helps ya and keeps from using too much material.

Likin your forarms.

Thanks for the help man.

do feel special! :)

you're current work with foam is quite the excellent
hope mine does turn out this good

as for files, as much as i like mine
i do sometimes recommend better ones
for the assault shoulder (CQC) i suggest using the one by Ruze
and for grenadier, i'm still divided between mine and rhinoc's
although it is nice to see someone using the UA/TACPAD, didn't know if anyone would or not
"this brings warm feelings to my heart" /yoda

will be watching this build carefully
CJ

E: also, is secret helmet GUNGNIR?

Maybe :rolleyes I decided to use your attachments because they seemed abit more foam friendly. Good job on them. ;)

I have been having internet problems lately, i am hoping to get this problem fixed by this week. no reall updates at the moment. :(

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Internet back up and ready to go :) So i got one bicep piece done, the other still needs a bit of work. Over all, EXTREMELY low def, i just used a pep file as refernce and made my one templates for it, adding in just the real major detail but not to much. The reason why i did this is because they are going to be covered most of the time any way. I add in the magnets to both. I am also hopping to get my foam helmet, which yes, it is a Gungnir, done by the end of the week end, after that i will need to restock on foam matts, this time i am going to harbor frieght, mainly because it seems as if walmart has stoped selling them. Once i restock, i hope to work on a bicep attachment or two.

Picture0073-1.jpg

Picture0072-1.jpg

I decided to use the wood glue method for my EOD, i add only one layer of wood glue by it self and it seem to be strong. So i will add in 2 more layers inside and 3 outside, so 3 in, 3out, then i hope to paint it. I really don't intend on tossing this around and such, so no bondo or fiberglass, because i am aiming for nice and cheap. ;) More to come...

Picture0073-1.jpg

Picture0072-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember to Face your magnets. So you don't end up with parts that won't connect at all.
Wish I could do some work, but this move has me bogged and I may be getting a nice PT gig here soon.

Maggnets are facing the right direction. Good luck, i hope the new place is better than the old. ;)

How did i end up a noob? rofl!! XD i hope its a april fools thing...

can't wait to see the finished shotgun. the reach shotgun has such a...dangerous look to it, while the H1,2, and 3 versions were...well- lackluster and disappointing in appearance.

UPDATE!!!!!:D

I got some more work done on my foam helmet, i just need to add a bit more detail to it, then get it ready for paint.

Picture0074-1.jpg

Picture0075-1.jpg

Picture0076-1.jpg

For all my helmets, including the EOD, i will put my symbol on the back of the helmet.

emblem.png

I also got some caps for my shotgun, i am hoping on working abit more on it this weekend.

Picture0077.jpg

Also, i will try to get more matts, from harbor frieght this time, and continue on the base armor. I think i might redo my chest piece with these new matts. Also i may have decided on a desert style paint for my suit.

I will try to add a poll for the armor's state of use, i guess would be the write way to say it.

Picture0074-1.jpg

Picture0075-1.jpg

Picture0076-1.jpg

emblem.png

Picture0077.jpg

So what method are you going with to see through the gungnir? I'm still very interested in ideas for that helmet, but haven't been keeping up with the forums as of late.

I like those holes you left with the helm, are you just going to place a colored sheets of plastic over it. Maybe a clear coat of the base color you're working with.?

UPDATE!!!!!:)

So its been a while since last update, i got a bit lazy, hehehe. Any ways, i started working on the front of my shotgun, still needs abit more work though.

Picture0078.jpg

Also i began on a 2nd version of my chest piece, now that i know how to do this properly and since i got the Foam from Harbor Frieght, which is noticebly thiner and easyer to work with than Walmart's. I scaled it up a tad and looks a hell of a lot better then my first one. Not done with it yet but since summer is coming along and school well be drawned down a little, i got summer classes, Drafting and English II, and those do not start for another week, i hope to get this done before i leave for my 4 day vaction next week, lol.

Picture0082.jpg

Picture0081.jpg

Also i have been working on this as a side project, so i do not get bored with the same thing. I am making a Covie Carbine and its about 50% pepped.

Picture0083.jpg

I was also wondering, would it be a good idea to use Smooth cast 320 to hardern my rifle and Carbine, and if so would the trial size be enough for at least one? Just looking at my options for hardening.

Another thing, i am also planning on making a sliced DMR.

Picture0078.jpg

Picture0082.jpg

Picture0081.jpg

Picture0083.jpg

You might have been better off starting with a Nerf Raider for that shotgun, instead of the Recon. The slide action is already in the right place, and it has the adjustable stock that looks almost right for this. Plus you can still sell the drum magazines on Ebay afterwards, they're a popular piece.

True, but i already had the Recon and thought it would be cheaper to use it instead of going out and buying a Raider. I get what you are saying but i wanted to mod the Recon into something different than the typical sniper or AR. Another thing, i wanted this thing to be able to shoot, which it does, the clip once painted with the gun will not be as noticeable. The pump works fine as well, maybe just as good as the Raider, but thanks for the input.

Dude your making excellent progress can't wait to see more, oh and on a side note I noticed on many of your post you say you get your foam from harbor freight. I know alot of times it takes forever for them to restock those foam mats but depending if they are in the state you live in I have found that a store called Big Lots (aka "Pic N Save") has similar foam mats and they even have a large roll of thin almost 1/2" thick floor foam as well. they are for almost the same price because sometimes they go on sale but the roll I cant remember the price. I just thought I would share that with you in case you live near one. keep up the good work.

To put the magazine in the bottom of the raider (to have a nerf halo shotgun, not just a prop) and not having a nerf mag sticking out the side, is impossible. The recon however, is simple, easy to mod, and its not so small. Ive actually tried to put the mag down there when i made my raider into a pistol. If your wondering how that went, all i really did was saw the barrel down the the reciever, remove the plunger cover, and relocate the priming system to the jam door, and added a priming handle. Also i see the shotgun looks ownage.
The one problem i see coming up is this. How are you gonna resin it? Maybe the cardboard pieces could be removed, resined and re added?

I would not paint over the magazine if you are planning on taking that out on the streets. You'd have nearly every cop within sight throwing a fit. If you have multiple magazines handy, I would only paint one or two. Leave one orange for the police and security guards to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back