Trooper114's Custom Reach Build WIP

New or Used?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toa, you think you could help me understand your idea abit more, I think i might know what your talking about but still not 100%.

nice man i was thinking abut a shotty on how it could be done lol its looking nice .....will be watching this one for sure....

This should help
DSC00062.jpg

You can fix the barrel in the middle puzzle, by adding a pipe, up on top of the whole gun, and removing one of your bottom two.
Then you put a cover over it, increasing the height of the shotty. and covering the bare recon,
and then you also cant see the priming handle go back, only the pump. the stock will be lengthened, along with the barrel,
(seriously find a side profile of the shotty its barrel is long) and cut a hole in the top cover, so when the grey part goes back,
you can see the jam door, or if you remove the door, the darts.

Attachments

• DSC00062.jpg
    DSC00062.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 103
Very nice, The only issue about removing the top rail and adding it to the bottom, is that the screws to keep the grey part, used to load the dart, are on that rail. The Cover for the top of the gun is genius, That can be done. The shotty is a long gun, and the recon is shorter, saddly. I also, am limited in tool resources. :(

no, the rail on top gets removed, but the grey piece still has the top intact, and that can be glued, or you could just leave just enough on the one in the back to have the screw hold it. Also, it looks like the piece holding the back of the pump pvc's could be modified, as it is really low, and sticks out alot, where on the real shotty there's nothin there, and it looks like it interferes with the clip.
Halo_Reach_Shotgun.png

Attachments

• Halo_Reach_Shotgun.png
    Halo_Reach_Shotgun.png
    14 KB · Views: 115
This is the rail on top of the grey part of the gun.

Picture0067.jpg

Now i feel like i may be able to do something with the rail here. Since it will be covered up, i think it could work

Picture0068-1.jpg

Also the Instead of making that one part smaller, i could increase the size of the pump, and it doesn't interfer with the clip. There is like a hair's width of space between the clip and that part, but it works.

Attachments

• Picture0068-1.jpg
    Picture0068-1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture0067.jpg
    Picture0067.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 115
You could also minimize the clip so it doesn't stick out too much. Uin13 has a tutorial vid on youtube, if you mod nerf as much as i used too, you know Uin13.

Why not buy Some of the Air soft Weaver rails and use them? You can get those individually at miejer and Dick's Stores.
May cost ya like 10 bucks but it will allow you that top rail.

Not sure if it would work with nerf attachments. The top rail i don't mind using because it wont be used, plus that section will be covered.

Nah man I'm just sayin, to do it for looks. Didn't know if it would work not. didn't know you were going to throw Nerf attachments onto it.

Well not really, The pump runs on that rail, the main reason why it is needed, the rail on the bottom is to short, so removing the unneeded rail on top and attaching it to the bottom seems like the best option to have that extended, since the Reach Shotty is abit longer than the recon, but i get what you are saying.

if you use airsoft rails, they can screw on, but you can get the same attachments with a lot nicer looks for a bit more money. (like a working flashlight that actually belongs on the rail) Cost you maybe 10-15 bucks. also, you can get rail covers also, which are cheap and can look nice, giving the gun a nice astheticly pleasing look. Up to you :) And nerf attachments might go on, but probably not well

It looks like your shotgun is still functional as a nerf gun. Are you planning to keep it this way or are you going to eventually mod it so that it looks more like the real shotgun, even though it won't work as a nerf gun. It would be pretty cool to have a functional nerf gun that looks exactly like a shotgun too, but that would definitely be a lot more difficult.

I am planing on making this functional and also look as close to the real deal as possible, what you see at the moment is still a wip and also, now basically non exsistant. Re-moding it like i disscused earlier with Toacrabman, hope to have a pic up by next weekend.

I suggest using the nerf raider stock instead of the recon stock. Try searching on ebay for one, they're pretty cheap. Heres a pic: IMG]http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ynWOAg4YQB0/Sp-mm08QiFI/AAAAAAAAA6E/ZoffA1BEw78/s400/Nerf%2BRaider%2B-%2B07.JPG&imgrefurl=http://sgnerf.blogspot.com/2009/09/nerf-raider-cs-35-review.html&usg=__T0y5zU7iq0BsqRcphMM32CtngxQ=&h=400&w=366&sz=21&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=yJRd5UBjqjd-JM:&tbnh=142&tbnw=142&ei=yXRITfL5O8ndgQe2-eDaBQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnerf%2Braider%2Bstock%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1C1SKPC_enUS378US378%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D677%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=316&oei=yXRITfL5O8ndgQe2-eDaBQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=47&ty=40[/IMG][
UPDATE!!! :D

I finished making my knife today, it was kinda easy, strated yesturday, finished to day, but only because i had to do other stuff, any way, here it is :)

(Also i apollogize for the pics i have posted and their quality, they were taken by my laptops webcam)

FEPZ2GXGHZ6XYYY.jpg

F7AGNR5GHZ6XYZ0.jpg

FWPXX9DGHZ6XYZ1.jpg

I was also thinking the other day, what can i do for a secondary weapon, and as i sat on my bed pondering, my eyes fell upon my recon and the suddenly :D, i had a idea. I have seen several people here mod there nerf guns into ARs and Snipers, so i thought about doing something different. So now i am thinking on how to turn this:

FBJMP2KGHZ6XYYZ.jpg

To this:

FVADL7AGHZ6XYZ3.png

So far what i have planed is a slight barel extension, and also i found a video on youtube on how to mod the recon into a shotgun, a cosmetic foregrip mod. This is going to be incorparated into the design and it will shoot, hopefully, the only issuse is that the thing that will turn this into a shotgun will have to run through the outside, i will just find a way to make it blend in.

Also i finaly got me some foam!! :D am going to start on the boot some time this week then when i get the hang of it start on the chest.

Thats all for now Trooper, out...
and I think ur doing great so far, bttr thn me. I'm only on 4/18 page on jun helmet.

FEPZ2GXGHZ6XYYY.jpg

F7AGNR5GHZ6XYZ0.jpg

FWPXX9DGHZ6XYZ1.jpg

FBJMP2KGHZ6XYYZ.jpg

FVADL7AGHZ6XYZ3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back