TurboCharizard Makes an ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang it XD these files are so damn good. I think i'll have to go with these ones now

now i just need to get some good measurements for the new armorsmith avatar

If there's a Door Dash or similar delivery service, I'll hook you up.

THIS IS THE LOW POLY VERSION. I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH.
For example:
Low poly thigh ~100k polycount​
Print quality thigh ~550k polycount​

Hopefully I can squeeze the helmet variants in without Armorsmith tipping over. I may have to resort to the Frankenhelmet style that I've done in Fusion previously.
View attachment 302311
Which attachments are you sticking on your helmet?
Turbo: yes

As is tradition, we start with the feet. Sanding and surface finish is now underway with the first 80 grit pass on parts going yesterday.
1615488356423.png

I'll start updating the time and materials costs of the first post so that builders following along at home can estimate how much effort is needed to make an ODST.

Reference photo of how these parts fit to the leg and lucky boots that will be a part of the final costume. You can see the heel "scoop" plate that is removable and how the other components overlap freely. All that's missing from this mock up is the instep gasket (made from flexible foam with two printed clips) and the strapping/Buck-le.
1615488595375.png

The goal now is to throw 3-4 hours of post processing work at this build a day and hopefully have it ready to go for the online Otafest craftsmanship contest. If by mid April things are looking like I won't hit the deadline I'll switch gears and finish the Tau Fire Warrior for that contest and keep working on the ODST through May and June.

I must finish my MKVI before printing more armor

.... dang it TurboCharizard - why did you have to make this so awesome

ITS SO CLEAN
And here's my dumb self sanding it, making it look dirty and then trying to make it look even more clean.

.... dang it TurboCharizard - why did you have to make this so awesome
do what you must schitts creek GIF by CBC

told myself i wouldn't need those files. "work with what you got" i said.

and here is sit now. just bought the files and getting ready to put them into armor smith XD

Someone remind me that I taped the pins for the rucksack inside of the rucksack so that I don't go and cut more.
1615676805835.png

Sanding is going good with 3ish hours a day as a steady pace to not burn myself out on this. The bucket of things to sand now is very small in comparison to the bucket of things that have been sanded to 80grit. Once this preliminary pass is done I'll be adding fiberglass to the inside of parts and then brushing on polyester resin for an external shell coat. The only foreseeably hitch in this plan is average daily temperatures hindering cure times of resins which might just mean I'm spending a lot of time in the basement workshop with the fan on if we don't see a few days over 10°C in a row this week.
1615677105901.png

Buckets for scale circa a few days ago.

Basically I'll just keep on keeping on and working with what I've got in the buckets until I'm ready to jump to the next step with everything.
sanding.gif

You taped the pins inside the rucksack. There I’m off the hook!
Seriously tho, it looks like we’re going to need another tier level. And with your unbelievable files, I’m expecting to see a wave of epic ODSTs.

You taped the pins inside the rucksack. There I’m off the hook!
Seriously tho, it looks like we’re going to need another tier level. And with your unbelievable files, I’m expecting to see a wave of epic ODSTs.
The pins are in the rucksack!

Hopefully we get a bunch of ODSTs with armour updates. I'm not aiming to have people rebuild their whole suits, just add parts that are a bit more comfortable, functional and with extra details we learned about from The Rookie Cosplay Guide.

TurboCharizard
which version should i download?

1615967330517.png

EDIT: i took a look through the different zip folders. nicely spread out through all 5 of them. Looks all clear enough. Need to sort them and then load into armorsmith. looking forward to getting it all printed :)

Last edited:
TurboCharizard
which version should i download?

View attachment 304177
EDIT: i took a look through the different zip folders. nicely spread out through all 5 of them. Looks all clear enough. Need to sort them and then load into armorsmith. looking forward to getting it all printed :)
Dude, if I could get an easier way to lay everything out I would be so happy but right now it's file size issues.

The pins are in the rucksack!

Hopefully we get a bunch of ODSTs with armour updates. I'm not aiming to have people rebuild their whole suits, just add parts that are a bit more comfortable, functional and with extra details we learned about from The Rookie Cosplay Guide.
I'll be keeping my eyes out for this, as I'd be intersted in making an ODST (along with T3 tutorial series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back