[Tutorial] How to make/view/export your own Halo Spartans in Blender

Thank you so much! Also, i want to ask you: is it possible to change the "pattern" of the armor? If I want to do a camouflage part for example, Is it possible?

Jeff we say it in Discord all the time already but I'm saying it again. You are an absolute legend for all of this! Having a rotatable spartan model reference has made life SO MUCH easier for painting & building armor.

Thank you so much! Also, i want to ask you: is it possible to change the "pattern" of the armor? If I want to do a camouflage part for example, Is it possible?
Actually you can! And I made a very easy to follow video tutorial to show you how to do that as well :) should help with planning some cool patterns and camos for cosplay without going through the trouble of doing it irl! I'll post it here and update my main post to include this video as well

Jeff we say it in Discord all the time already but I'm saying it again. You are an absolute legend for all of this! Having a rotatable spartan model reference has made life SO MUCH easier for painting & building armor.
It warms my heart to hear that, and I am over the moon that I'm able to help out :) I of course couldn't do it without the wonderful people who work to create these packs and share my love of collecting and storing assets for preservation as well as Blender. So many great people coming together to help the many different parts of the Halo community makes me incredibly happy and proud to be part of that process. You all at the 405th are amazing as well and were a HUGE reason why I started my discord group and tries to find other uses for the game assets so thank YOU as well :)

Coming soon is more support for Halo 2A and Halo CEA stuff as well as a more updated and game accurate Halo Infinite Spartan Pack 3.0 thanks to Surasia and Goblin Enthusiasts work together!

Well, last question (I hope lol).
Most of the helmets doesn't have a option for changing the visor's color. How can I change it?
I have the same problem with some of the rakshasha core stuff (like the shoulder with the radio, I can change the colour of the radio, but not the shoulder pad main's one)

Well, last question (I hope lol).
Most of the helmets doesn't have a option for changing the visor's color. How can I change it?
I have the same problem with some of the rakshasha core stuff (like the shoulder with the radio, I can change the colour of the radio, but not the shoulder pad main's one)
This video should go over everything you need to know for that, and visor coloring is at 5:23 :)

I kinda maybe sorta downloaded the H2A model kit and the bones aren't connected to the model itself, I downloaded a LTS version of Blender (2.93) in hopes to fix it but nothing's worked, do I need to go to the newest of the new or is it an easy to fix issue?

(Yes, I looked at the modifiers tab and it's all there)

I kinda maybe sorta downloaded the H2A model kit and the bones aren't connected to the model itself, I downloaded a LTS version of Blender (2.93) in hopes to fix it but nothing's worked, do I need to go to the newest of the new or is it an easy to fix issue?

(Yes, I looked at the modifiers tab and it's all there)
I would always recommend using the newest version of Blender (3.3 right now) and see if it is still a problem!

wish there was an full halo collection .blend file to make it easy to mock up between multiple sources

Maybe dumb question bc I'm still trying to get into creating my own set of spartan armor... but what's the recommended next step from here to move forward with the process? Namely I've been having trouble sourcing .stl files for the raven odst armors here on 405th. Any help would be much appreciated.

Maybe dumb question bc I'm still trying to get into creating my own set of spartan armor... but what's the recommended next step from here to move forward with the process? Namely I've been having trouble sourcing .stl files for the raven odst armors here on 405th. Any help would be much appreciated.
you might check free sourcing places like thingiverse. also aguilar workshop i believe he designed a full armor set for printing.

Dumb question, but for the halo reach textures, how do I go from the bright pink overlay to the normal armor texture?

Edit: found your troubleshooting video. Thanks!

Last edited:
I love this So much, Is there any chance that we are able to get a tutorial to get it into unity and use it in other games like Vrchat?
Unfortunately that is an entirely different can of worms haha. I don't know anything about Unity and making avatars, but if I ever did learn I would definitely make a tutorial on it :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back