Ultimate Airsoft Thread

Sisko4

Well-Known Member
Spartan117x said:
FA-MAS- yes the FA-MAS is a crap gun, but not for what you listed. The BEST FA-MAS is made by Marui, and its not that good, at all. It was one of Marui's first guns and they didn't really update it too much. (Although there are two different versions, one with the crappier V.1 gearbox and the second with a V.2 gearbox which you can upgrade to be decent. The rest of the FA-MAS' on the market are either spring or LPEGs.


Ähm...big Question: Where do you have seen a FM with a V2 Gearbox?



I am an Expert what the TM FAMAS belongs and i know every Screw by its Name, but i have NEVER heard of a V2 in a FM Body. It´s impossible to install a normal V2 in that Stock...even the China Clones got the same GB, but they are Garbage, made out of very cheap Materials.



V1 Tuning also is not so bad as everyone thinks, its just depends on Knowledge and the correct Parts.



And the FAMAS was not one of Marui´s first Guns, it was THE FIRST GUN ;-)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BlindRascal

Well-Known Member
Sisko4 said:
Ähm...big Question: Where do you have seen a FM with a V2 Gearbox?



I am an Expert what the TM FAMAS belongs and i know every Screw by its Name, but i have NEVER heard of a V2 in a FM Body. It´s impossible to install a normal V2 in that Stock...even the China Clones got the same GB, but they are Garbage, made out of very cheap Materials.



V1 Tuning also is not so bad as everyone thinks, its just depends on Knowledge and the correct Parts.



And the FAMAS was not one of Marui´s first Guns, it was THE FIRST GUN ;-)


I'm sorry, haha I think I meant a "version two" gearbox but not actually being a v2. There were two separate versions of the gun, one with a little better gearbox. *at least from what I've heard several times*
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron said:
Hey, can omeone tell me the legal FPS for indoor and outdoor?


I might not be correct, but I think thats state/municipally regulated. Also, most fields have specific fps limits that they chrono for whenever you play.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It varies form field to field: locally I have:



Ghosttown: 350FPS. with .2. They have a large fort with lots of CQB, they have to keep the speeds down.



Strategy Plus and Ground Zero Airsoft: 400FPS with .2



The now defunct Tolcom (please observe a moment of silence): 400FPS with .25s.



The Citadel (haven't played here yet though): 360FPS with .25s.
 

Aaron

Member
Thanks people, i found the G&P masada in stock somewhere and i want to buy it, but i had to make sure that an aerage of 370 fps wouldnt be too much for an indoor game. I hope it's not.
 
ya, check out your fields before you buy, you don't want to buy a gun only to have to DOWNGRADE it :p

also, some fields have different fps for different guns, like one near me, its 400 for assault and 550 for snipers. then theres another with 400 max for all guns, semi-auto only.
 

SprayNoob

Active Member
Hey i need a bit help here, im planning to buy a airsoft, i have a crappy starter though, i have what looks like a c7a1 - im planning to buy another airsoft rifle, looks like a m4 carbine, Sopmod or ris at a mall in toronto (Pacific Mall). But i need advice for a amatur like myself.



would you guys prefer a m4 carbine/sopmod/ris or something else?



Reason why is i want to get into airsofting and such :D



Spraynoob
 

mustang2500

Well-Known Member
SprayNoob said:
Hey i need a bit help here, im planning to buy a airsoft, i have a crappy starter though, i have what looks like a c7a1 - im planning to buy another airsoft rifle, looks like a m4 carbine, Sopmod or ris at a mall in toronto (Pacific Mall). But i need advice for a amatur like myself.



would you guys prefer a m4 carbine/sopmod/ris or something else?



Reason why is i want to get into airsofting and such :D



Spraynoob


Pretty much if it has a metal gearbox, and if it's compatible with the high-end parts, it's OK.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jareyes

Member
SprayNoob said:
Hey i need a bit help here, im planning to buy a airsoft, i have a crappy starter though, i have what looks like a c7a1 - im planning to buy another airsoft rifle, looks like a m4 carbine, Sopmod or ris at a mall in toronto (Pacific Mall). But i need advice for a amatur like myself.



would you guys prefer a m4 carbine/sopmod/ris or something else?



Reason why is i want to get into airsofting and such :D



Spraynoob


Before you buy from there, come check out across the street at Splendid China Tower. I'm working there Thursdays and Fridays, there's a store on the second floor where you can check out much better guns. If you want more details let me know, I'll be sure to send em your way. Also, M4 is good for starting out. Lots of replacement/upgrade parts, mags are compatible with everything else, adjustable in every way.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron

Member
SprayNoob said:
Hey i need a bit help here, im planning to buy a airsoft, i have a crappy starter though, i have what looks like a c7a1 - im planning to buy another airsoft rifle, looks like a m4 carbine, Sopmod or ris at a mall in toronto (Pacific Mall). But i need advice for a amatur like myself.



would you guys prefer a m4 carbine/sopmod/ris or something else?



Reason why is i want to get into airsofting and such :D



Spraynoob
well, an M4 is good, if it has good internals, such as a metal gearbox like Mustang said.



Anyway, the place that i play at has a limit of 350, i just looked it up. I dont think they ever check. that sucks, the masada is the best gun ive ever seen, but i dont want to get it and only be able to shoot cans and bottles until i can get to my grandpa's ranch this summer...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mustang2500

Well-Known Member
A while ago I bought a DBoys SIR Forend from a Hong Kong site called RSOV. Well, I got it today! Here's my guns to show off:



Jing Gong M4A1 - Half painted tan, based off of the M4 in MW2. I still need some more parts to complete it.



SANY0021.jpg


SANY0037.jpg


SANY0036.jpg


SANY0035.jpg


SANY0038-1.jpg




Aftermath Kraken AK-47 - Custom painted Digital Camo, with shades of black and grey.



SANY0018.jpg
 

LastSpartan

Sr Member
SprayNoob said:
Hey i need a bit help here, im planning to buy a airsoft, i have a crappy starter though, i have what looks like a c7a1 - im planning to buy another airsoft rifle, looks like a m4 carbine, Sopmod or ris at a mall in toronto (Pacific Mall). But i need advice for a amatur like myself.



would you guys prefer a m4 carbine/sopmod/ris or something else?



Reason why is i want to get into airsofting and such :D



Spraynoob
I'd say, don't forget it's your gun and you're the one who's going to use it. So if you don't like Armalites, don't buy a M4, even if it has plenty of accessories, you won't like it. Find a model you like, then find the best manufacturer for it, and its compatibility with TM pieces.



As for the Masada shooting 370 (Forgot who posted that), changing springs is not that hard.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron said:
Anyway, the place that i play at has a limit of 350, i just looked it up. I dont think they ever check. that sucks, the masada is the best gun ive ever seen, but i dont want to get it and only be able to shoot cans and bottles until i can get to my grandpa's ranch this summer...


I don't know how familiar you are with AEG internals (and I don't want to underestimate you again ;) ), but replacing the spring with a weaker one is one of the easiest things that can be done to a gearbox. Check out Mechbox.com for tutorials on how to take down gearboxes. The Masada (I believe) has a V.2.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron

Member
Sangheili811 said:
I don't know how familiar you are with AEG internals (and I don't want to underestimate you again ;) ), but replacing the spring with a weaker one is one of the easiest things that can be done to a gearbox. Check out Mechbox.com for tutorials on how to take down gearboxes. The Masada (I believe) has a V.2.
I've disected a few spring guns, and been able to fix them, but I havent really explored the AEG internals. I think I can replace a pring. Oh, and Mustang2500 awsome paintjob. Do you mind if i use it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mustang2500

Well-Known Member
Aaron said:
I've disected a few spring guns, and been able to fix them, but I havent really explored the AEG internals. I think I can replace a pring. Oh, and Mustang2500 awsome paintjob. Do you mind if i use it?


Of course! It's not like I own the colour combination :p



EDIT: And by of course, I mean yes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ok my time too post my little fire power i have these are just the ones that are mine my hubby has some more also. i have a TM P90, a UTG Type 96 and a Echo 1 Zombie hunter M4

 

dpchief216

Jr Member
I'm actually planning to buy these guns. My first gun is going to be a G&G M4 ris. The ris is actually by airsoft gi, but that's why i have to ask, is airsoft gi a good store? I mean, i don't want to be dissapointed with getting my gun in a billion peices and like 2 months later when my friend ordered from airsplat, and another from RSOV.



Well here's the gun.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4800



And i'm also planning to get this as my sidearm.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1729



I just like the classic m1911a1. I shot the real one, and no other pistol satisfied me. Not even the full auto glock 18.
 

LastSpartan

Sr Member
dpchief216 said:
I'm actually planning to buy these guns. My first gun is going to be a G&G M4 ris. The ris is actually by airsoft gi, but that's why i have to ask, is airsoft gi a good store? I mean, i don't want to be dissapointed with getting my gun in a billion peices and like 2 months later when my friend ordered from airsplat, and another from RSOV.



Well here's the gun.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4800



And i'm also planning to get this as my sidearm.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1729



I just like the classic m1911a1. I shot the real one, and no other pistol satisfied me. Not even the full auto glock 18.
I've heard ASGI is a good place to buy from, but their shipping costs are huge, at least, for "across the border orders"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top