Ultimate Airsoft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well It's too bad china had to ban airsoft and everything. They were just starting to be some of the top class. I was looking to get an AGM m4 ris. Unfortunatey, since they had to be in china, their CEO got arrested and all that lovely crap to come with it. Well at least we still have Classic Army and G&G and some of those other companies. I am actually planning to get a G&G M4. It's not stock, but Airsoft GI made the gun of my dreams.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4800

It had everything AGM had to offer plus even more! Even though the body's made of plastic and it shoot's 350 fps compared to AGM's full metal and 420 fps average, G&G's are built to last, plus, in a way, are more realistic. And the plastic body isn't just any kind of plastic. It's a special nylon fiber that is built to LAST. Just wait, my M4 will come.

Oh, and i need to ask you guys. Do you know any good codenames for me? You know, like "ghost" and "soap" and nicknames from mw2? Something good. Thanks.

dpchief216 said:
Well It's too bad china had to ban airsoft and everything. They were just starting to be some of the top class. I was looking to get an AGM m4 ris. Unfortunatey, since they had to be in china, their CEO got arrested and all that lovely crap to come with it. Well at least we still have Classic Army and G&G and some of those other companies. I am actually planning to get a G&G M4. It's not stock, but Airsoft GI made the gun of my dreams.

It had everything AGM had to offer plus even more! Even though the body's made of plastic and it shoot's 350 fps compared to AGM's full metal and 420 fps average, G&G's are built to last, plus, in a way, are more realistic. And the plastic body isn't just any kind of plastic. It's a special nylon fiber that is built to LAST. Just wait, my M4 will come.

Oh, and i need to ask you guys. Do you know any good codenames for me? You know, like "ghost" and "soap" and nicknames from mw2? Something good. Thanks.

That was just China showing off they have power to some officials. Everything is up and running again over there. So they should have been back a long time ago. But even so, I still don't trust China brands.

And my "nickname" is Bonus, but thats only because its my last name and it doubles as a "codename". But for awhile I was called douchebag.

There are so many run-ons and fragments in my post I can't begin to comprehend them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sisko4 said:
totale.jpg

"jealousy" as a definition doesnt cut it. you should rig some red LEDs into the eye sockets though, that would be pretty cool imho.

Spartan117x said:
There are so many run-ons and fragments in my post I can't begin to comprehend them all.

lemme see, EOTechs, Masada/SCAR, my failed joke, epic dragon FAMAS, callsigns, Chinese government being a douche like usual... am i missing anything?

EDIT: just realized you said in your post, lol

i gotz an assault rifle........ naw its the STAR Ika zuchi custom m4 and the hand cannon that is the KJ green gas ruger, both pistol and sniper. and a body of a rx-8 (friend broke it and i asked if i could have it)

we should set up stuff for whoevers local to us. whos in fort worth, texas?

Wow, that FAMAs looks real nice.

Anyone have anything to say about the UTG L96 sniper rifle? I was considering getting one, but I don't know for sure how good it is. It has a good reputation, that's all I know.

dpchief216 said:

That sucks, I saw this story. They cant do that, I mean, China is one of THE biggest and hottest places for airsoft. Will the Chinese comanies still make guns, cause I have a SCAR and an AK Masada that I plan to buy. G&P is still an option since Hong Kong won their freedom, but thats out of stock the minute it comes in. If i cant get my hands on one by trhis summer, ill just buy a SCAR and put a pmag on it. Anyway, good codename, good codename...I tried this for me, and I ended up just cosplaying Ghost. Tell me a trait, or a skill you have when airsofting. Ghost is called Ghost, beacause he's capable of being a silent killer.

Aaron said:
That sucks, I saw this story. They cant do that, I mean, China is one of THE biggest and hottest places for airsoft. Will the Chinese comanies still make guns, cause I have a SCAR and an AK Masada that I plan to buy. G&P is still an option since Hong Kong won their freedom, but thats out of stock the minute it comes in. If i cant get my hands on one by trhis summer, ill just buy a SCAR and put a pmag on it. Anyway, good codename, good codename...I tried this for me, and I ended up just cosplaying Ghost. Tell me a trait, or a skill you have when airsofting. Ghost is called Ghost, beacause he's capable of being a silent killer.

Actually, I have some good news. China isn't making airsoft completely legal, It's just AGM that suffered major losses. The BAD news, however, is that AGM's boss was excecuted. Literally. Shot in the back of the head 2 times. Anyway. JG is still an option, though.

And sorry for this edit, I'm called the "sniper with no scope" because i am very good with iron sights. Although i just need a one word name. Anyway, any ideas?

Although i just need a one word name. Anyway, any ideas?

NoScope perhaps?

I'm barely going to get into the airsoft thing. Paintball had been great and all, but I can't afford the ammo.

I got my self a cheap as hell Double Eagle M4 carbine. It will serve as my primary weapon until I get myself an SCAR or a FAMAS.

-Pony

that is one word, but it's technically two words joined i'd saw....iron, for iron sights? idk, i suck at that kind of thing. Just come up witha name. It's not like Roach scurries around the battlefield with disease. Soap makes zero sense. Niether does Gaz. And ACDCrockr209, get a SCAR. a FAMAS is never worth the time. 3 shot bursts just arent good. If youre staring airsoft play-death in the face, you dont want to have to continueally pull the trigger. go with the SCAR, the cheapest one you will find is on http://www.airsplat.com it's the JLS FN SCAR in the middle level electrics. And i know what ya mean about the paintball ammo, especially c02

ok first off you cant compare COD:MW2 to airsoft the only three shot burst guns i know of that are electric and correct me if im wrong but the systema M16, the only FAMAS that they make are single and full auto and a SCAR is a good choice for a gun but if you actually want to get into it then you should buy a base gun and upgrade it and for me a scar doesnt have enough external modification options as compared to a G36 or M4 my two primary weapons. Oh yea dont be cheap on your guns if your buying those under 100 dollar guns then there going to break and your going to have to spend money on a new one see if you invest on a good gun like at least a JG or Echo 1 (just not a JG m4 get stag arms) those are great base guns and my JG G36c has lasted me almost two years and still works perfectly with no upgrades/repairs.

box o crayons said:
ok first off you cant compare COD:MW2 to airsoft the only three shot burst guns i know of that are electric and correct me if im wrong but the systema M16, the only FAMAS that they make are single and full auto and a SCAR is a good choice for a gun but if you actually want to get into it then you should buy a base gun and upgrade it and for me a scar doesnt have enough external modification options as compared to a G36 or M4 my two primary weapons. Oh yea dont be cheap on your guns if your buying those under 100 dollar guns then there going to break and your going to have to spend money on a new one see if you invest on a good gun like at least a JG or Echo 1 (just not a JG m4 get stag arms) those are great base guns and my JG G36c has lasted me almost two years and still works perfectly with no upgrades/repairs.

True, true. And yeah, spend money. I spent 5 dollars on my first spring pistols. They havent crapped out yet, but i bet they will. I'm heading for a Masada. It's almost 400 dollars, but i bet i can get it buy sellin some helms in the classifieds or something. Spend at least 100 dollars if you get an electric rifle! BTW, how did you know we were talking about modern warfare 2? the only mw2 thing we talked about was the code name thing?

Edit: I looked at my avatar and realized how stupid of a thing that was to ask :p

you know, despite what a lot of people say, you can actually get a damn decent gun for around the $150 price range, especially if you are just getting into the sport. There's alot of M4s and AKs with metal gearboxes and 350ish fps that are mauri compatible for that price range

iSUPERNOOB said:
you know, despite what a lot of people say, you can actually get a damn decent gun for around the $150 price range, especially if you are just getting into the sport. There's alot of M4s and AKs with metal gearboxes and 350ish fps that are mauri compatible for that price range

Lemme start off by saying that I hate the AK, but love the M4. And I get tired of hearing people say "You cant get a gun for under $200" You can get an AEG if youre a beginner for around $30. Actually, I only use beginner guns, cause I dont wanna pay 300 dollars for the same thing, only faster shooting, or slightly different look. Sure, they crap out, but It's better than your 300 dollar gun crapping out right?

Oh Aaron, there are so many things I have held back from saying.

(Some of the things said do not apply to everyone, and don't take "noob" too harshly. I have met some very mature novice players)

Oh and I'm also talking to everyone as an elitist, so I know I'm being an a** here, so I apologize in advance.

And you guys can downvote me for this, but I'll try to be as nice as I can.

This is why I hate Modern Warfare 2. It got all the noobs into airsoft that don't do their research, buy chinasoft guns and start playing. (although technically chinasoft started the whole noobs getting in, but thats a WHOLE nother topic that I won't get into because I am strongly opposed to it)

But Modernwarfare basically just got everyone to run around with a "ghost" mask and grab a scar, masada, EBR, etc.

I'm not going back too far because I don't feel like it as I'm sick and I'm not in the mood to nitpick.

FA-MAS- yes the FA-MAS is a crap gun, but not for what you listed. The BEST FA-MAS is made by Marui, and its not that good, at all. It was one of Marui's first guns and they didn't really update it too much. (Although there are two different versions, one with the crappier V.1 gearbox and the second with a V.2 gearbox which you can upgrade to be decent. The rest of the FA-MAS' on the market are either spring or LPEGs.

BURST: The FA-MAS on airsoft guns do NOT have a three round burst, you need a separate mosfet for that to work. The systema comes withB full auto, and there are few rare guns that are good and come stock with three round burst. If you want it, you need a mosfet.

FULLAUTO/BURST: There is NOTHING wrong with three round burst, in fact it's BETTER than full auto. This deals with real steel and airsoft, but you actually have to watch where you shoot instead of praying and spraying. Guess what, real guns only have 20-30 round mags, and most troops carry APPROXIMATELY 180 rounds on them. Sorry, but burst is better, and no offense, you saying the whole "AIRSOFT IS ABOUT FULL AUTO" I'm assuming you play with all Hi-Caps too. Just an assumption :) . --I was a noob too, just started out differently.

NICKNAMES: Generally, you don't come up with a nickname, well, you CAN, but generally your team/comrades/whoever GIVES you a nickname for a certain action or event that took place. Or your name, or if you do decide on one on your own. If you want a patch, put your last name on it until you can think of one, it's more authentic ;) .

CHEAP/EXPENSIVE: K, theres a REASON they are more expensive. Yes, you do pay for better externals, but despite what you think, you do get a hell of a lot better internals. Recently things have fluctuated so much its kinda hard to tell whats good and whats not, but there are lemons in all brands of guns. The reason most people see expensive guns breaking down so much is because they take them apart, and they upgrade them and put new internals in them, and chances are, they don't maintain them or put them in right. If you leave it stock, it will last you a lot longer. You pay for higher quality parts, both better metal, and better plastic. Of course there is a name brand association, but they did earn it.

There was more but I forgot and don't care to think.

If you want my opinion on a gun, I will try to give you an unbiased opinion if you PM me. I will then post the response in both the PM and the thread so everyone can see. I'm not AS familiar with the chinasoft as I stay away, but I DO know a fairly decent amount (about chinasoft).

^^Good posting. Reading through this page, I was about to post up my own scathing post, but you beat me to it. I would only differ with you about clones. The days of clones like the Well R6 are over. A JG may not be equal externally to proper AEG, but internally, the proof is in the pudding. There are lots of players still using a JG they bought 3 years ago with minimal mods. They've proven themselves as reliable on the field. They'll never be a KWA, but they've earned their place in the game.

EDIT: Aaron, I just looked at your profile, and according to that your 12 years old. That's cool, but you might want to try and dial back some of the l337 airsoft rhetoric. I'm saying this as gently as I can, but you don't become expert at this stuff browsing airsoftgi.com or playing in your backyard. Until you've gone out and played with organized groups in your area, you don't really have a feel for what this game is all about. Once again, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but my younger brother wasn't even allowed on the field until he was 13, and didn't play until he was almost 14. If your local rules are different and you have played in organized OPs, then I apologize for this paragraph.

BTW, I haven't contributed much to this thread, but I do play my local fields semi-regularly (not as much as I'd like to, with college and all).

Alright, here you go: Age isnt a big deal to me. It's not my fault im 12, and If you looked closely, Im almost 13. Despite my age, i could pass as a 15 year old, as i am 5'11", and i have shot REAL guns and gone hunting before, so i dont just play in my backyard with plastic guns. anyway, I dont try to look at every gun like im picking my custom class in CoD. Sometimes i go overboard with my guns cause i get riled up about MW2, but i refer to the guns with their REAL name, not by a nickname given by CoD. And FYI, ive played in an official filed, the people around me would throw a fit if i even walked outside with a gun, so anytime that i even let the safety switch down, is when im playing at an official airsoft filed made specifically for that sport, watched over by people who work for the company that owns the building. It DOES bother me that the minimum age you can be is 7! as much as i think that younger people are underestimated when it comes to certain privilages, a 7 year old should not be playing that kind of game

Aaron said:
Alright, here you go: Age isnt a big deal to me. It's not my fault im 12, and If you looked closely, Im almost 13. Despite my age, i could pass as a 15 year old, as i am 5'11", and i have shot REAL guns and gone hunting before, so i dont just play in my backyard with plastic guns. anyway, I dont try to look at every gun like im picking my custom class in CoD. Sometimes i go overboard with my guns cause i get riled up about MW2, but i refer to the guns with their REAL name, not by a nickname given by CoD. And FYI, ive played in an official filed, the people around me would throw a fit if i even walked outside with a gun, so anytime that i even let the safety switch down, is when im playing at an official airsoft filed made specifically for that sport, watched over by people who work for the company that owns the building. It DOES bother me that the minimum age you can be is 7! as much as i think that younger people are underestimated when it comes to certain privilages, a 7 year old should not be playing that kind of game

Okay, then please accept my apology, once again, not trying to be a jerk. When you're my age, you'll see why I have reason to be suspect of 12 year old airsoft players.

Has anyone seen those airsoft claymore things? those are pretty cool, but expensive for a spring loaded box. And Sangheilli811, it's fine. Im apoligize for blowing up. Ya see, my family outside my house makes a big deal out of how oldpeople are, and it makes me want to tear my skin completely off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back