Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberrant Alec

Hello 405th,

I was recommended to post my situation on here for everyone to help keep a look out of my first commission I ordered.
Always been a Halo fan and to own a suit that fits me was a dream. I pulled the trigger 4 months ago with a very reputable company that paved the way to my happiness.
I requested it to be done before HALOween. To which it was to be delivered by Friday (10/29/2021)
I was in so much joy to have what I have always wanted. I come home immediately as it was delivered and the UPS guy left. Opened the package to find 10 “Vertical Edge” large shelf carrying bags.
At first I thought I was scammed…but it couldn’t have been as the person who made it for me kept me updated with all images of the build and progress. He even threw in some goodies that I didn’t ask for! Great guy!
I noticed on the package it was all torn up and ripped to pieces and my tracking slip (with the exact tracking number) was taped on to it.
The slips were swapped during transit with UPS.

With that being said I am posting up images of the suit AND what I received instead. If anyone gets a leak of this suit I would appreciate if I could be notified.
Currently there is a claim made with UPS and of course I COULD get my money back. But to me that’s not what I want. I want to drop feet first into the persons life that stole my one desire for this year. (That’s a joke)

But I hope it gets discovered. In the meantime with my newfound emotion I won’t be asking for another commission again and my hobby to make a suit of armor starts now.

Thank you

P.S. This product ranged through shipment from Mexico, Texas, then to Virginia.

Attachments

• FEF16673-7EC3-469E-9D7D-C7B6E90FB787.png
    FEF16673-7EC3-469E-9D7D-C7B6E90FB787.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 215
  • C3AE74DD-B6D5-4B99-A9D1-BC7CFE65C3E8.jpeg
    C3AE74DD-B6D5-4B99-A9D1-BC7CFE65C3E8.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 203
  • F4F4B07F-7D1B-4D7D-8566-D817E40F8323.jpeg
    F4F4B07F-7D1B-4D7D-8566-D817E40F8323.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 210
  • CE3C2683-A08B-44A0-A2E4-38A61C155E17.jpeg
    CE3C2683-A08B-44A0-A2E4-38A61C155E17.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 8D79E12B-1453-4338-81C3-F2D60A3295B0.jpeg
    8D79E12B-1453-4338-81C3-F2D60A3295B0.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 59F65C12-6B51-410C-BCBC-5281CE766D21.jpeg
    59F65C12-6B51-410C-BCBC-5281CE766D21.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 204
Heck, that sucks. Boy I do hope you figure out what exactly happened and get compensation.
Have you sent a message to Vertical Ledge about the package mixup? Best you do some more research than I did but this site looks like it could be them. I don't know if they'd be worried about losing a few marketing bags in the mail but considering they wouldn't want it to happen again, hopefully they'd be willing to help you out.

Wow. That's quite a story! I have never heard of something like that happening I'm so sorry your suit got nabbed. I hope planet Alexander is right and this was some kinda weird mixup but that seems unlikely the way you described it . I hope u figure out wat happened... But welcome to the exciting world of building a suit! We r here to help!

Heck, that sucks. Boy I do hope you figure out what exactly happened and get compensation.
Have you sent a message to Vertical Ledge about the package mixup? Best you do some more research than I did but this site looks like it could be them. I don't know if they'd be worried about losing a few marketing bags in the mail but considering they wouldn't want it to happen again, hopefully they'd be willing to help you out.
Yes I actually have! I emailed them directly on their site. I hope that is a good start somewhere but these bags could have been ordered from elsewhere and not directly through Vertical Edge. Fingers crossed?

Hello 405th,

I was recommended to post my situation on here for everyone to help keep a look out of my first commission I ordered.
Always been a Halo fan and to own a suit that fits me was a dream. I pulled the trigger 4 months ago with a very reputable company that paved the way to my happiness.
I requested it to be done before HALOween. To which it was to be delivered by Friday (10/29/2021)
I was in so much joy to have what I have always wanted. I come home immediately as it was delivered and the UPS guy left. Opened the package to find 10 “Vertical Edge” large shelf carrying bags.
At first I thought I was scammed…but it couldn’t have been as the person who made it for me kept me updated with all images of the build and progress. He even threw in some goodies that I didn’t ask for! Great guy!
I noticed on the package it was all torn up and ripped to pieces and my tracking slip (with the exact tracking number) was taped on to it.
The slips were swapped during transit with UPS.

With that being said I am posting up images of the suit AND what I received instead. If anyone gets a leak of this suit I would appreciate if I could be notified.
Currently there is a claim made with UPS and of course I COULD get my money back. But to me that’s not what I want. I want to drop feet first into the persons life that stole my one desire for this year. (That’s a joke)

But I hope it gets discovered. In the meantime with my newfound emotion I won’t be asking for another commission again and my hobby to make a suit of armor starts now.

Thank you

P.S. This product ranged through shipment from Mexico, Texas, then to Virginia.
I'm sorry to hear that. I know a few people that work for UPS in Johnstown, Pa. I know it's a different state but if you want I'll pass the message on to them and who knows. Might snag ya a lead. I will say your best bet is to go over your tracking order. You can almost tell which state it might have happened in by the length of the stay at that facility. Once you figure that out you can almost guarantee that someone in that facility will know something. Good luck and let me know ASAP and I'll let my buddies up here know if you're ok with that.

Wow. That's quite a story! I have never heard of something like that happening I'm so sorry your suit got nabbed. I hope planet Alexander is right and this was some kinda weird mixup but that seems unlikely the way you described it . I hope u figure out wat happened... But welcome to the exciting world of building a suit! We r here to help!
Thank you, I’m using this energy to build my next one as I never want to order a commission again. I was dumbfounded but I guess this is one of those moments, the worst person in the right time.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know a few people that work for UPS in Johnstown, Pa. I know it's a different state but if you want I'll pass the message on to them and who knows. Might snag ya a lead. I will say your best bet is to go over your tracking order. You can almost tell which state it might have happened in by the length of the stay at that facility. Once you figure that out you can almost guarantee that someone in that facility will know something. Good luck and let me know ASAP and I'll let my buddies up here know if you're ok with that.
Yes anything helps. I checked the spots it stopped and went and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary but maybe you’ll know more. Here they are.

Attachments

• 0E1BD10E-7156-45FF-BCDB-B807D2FE0AF4.png
    0E1BD10E-7156-45FF-BCDB-B807D2FE0AF4.png
    485.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 98487D1C-F64D-4098-ABEF-ACBA3A5D2CF1.png
    98487D1C-F64D-4098-ABEF-ACBA3A5D2CF1.png
    543.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 7404AB07-5AA5-4377-A6C2-D346D99887E7.png
    7404AB07-5AA5-4377-A6C2-D346D99887E7.png
    509.6 KB · Views: 166
  • C51BEED2-D9D7-4B58-8236-B62A5F2DB7EE.png
    C51BEED2-D9D7-4B58-8236-B62A5F2DB7EE.png
    523.6 KB · Views: 167
  • F089BC2A-DA98-461B-8E30-2FC9E8A5D07B.png
    F089BC2A-DA98-461B-8E30-2FC9E8A5D07B.png
    497.6 KB · Views: 163
Yes anything helps. I checked the spots it stopped and went and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary but maybe you’ll know more. Here they are.
Ok, so I talked to my buddy. He says your best bet is definitely to get your money back as you stated. Also said that if there is any stop more than a 3-4 hour wait before next handoff that it would be most likely the stop to check first. Wish I had better news but he agrees that's it's awful and shouldn't of happened. Other than the advice previously mentioned there's nothing he can do. Sorry. The images shown are really nice. Also, keep an eye on eBay and places like that. These types of things usually end up on there he said. Wish I had better news. As much as I'm on ebay, I'll keep an eye out and if anything pops up I'll forward it to you. Keep your head up and chalk this up as na unfortunate life experience. On the bright side, now you can make your own suit and it'll be much much more special when completed. Silver lining for everything just have to look. Take care and I'll hit you up if I see anything on eBay.

Ok, so I talked to my buddy. He says your best bet is definitely to get your money back as you stated. Also said that if there is any stop more than a 3-4 hour wait before next handoff that it would be most likely the stop to check first. Wish I had better news but he agrees that's it's awful and shouldn't of happened. Other than the advice previously mentioned there's nothing he can do. Sorry. The images shown are really nice. Also, keep an eye on eBay and places like that. These types of things usually end up on there he said. Wish I had better news. As much as I'm on ebay, I'll keep an eye out and if anything pops up I'll forward it to you. Keep your head up and chalk this up as na unfortunate life experience. On the bright side, now you can make your own suit and it'll be much much more special when completed. Silver lining for everything just have to look. Take care and I'll hit you up if I see anything on eBay.
Thanks man. So I can’t get my money back until they do an investigation (whatever that means) so it’s up to them. If they can’t find it they’ll get me one. Also I’m not sure what steps to take in that area where it stays extra long. Find and locate a UPS facility? I could try but most of these places don’t do anything and would tell me to contact HR.
But you are right. It will be special.

Aw man, sorry to hear about it. Maybe there was an accident with the boxes resulting in their labels getting torn off and they re-attached them to the wrong ones. Kinda hard to walk away with a whole suit of armor (then again I did loose a scooter in the mail years ago so it is possible).

I wouldn't expect much from UPS, I changed my address and they still would ship things to the old address because the local delivery guy was lazy and decided he couldn't find the place, which would then send the package to the next address in their records. I called countless times to try and fix it but... bureaucracy.

But imagine if someone was expecting bags and got some armor instead. Probably even more confused that you are!

I think a good thing for anyone who does commissions of cool stuff is to have a box inside a box, or the product tightly wrapped in something opaque so any potential package thief will be discouraged. Once got a package of protien drinks where the shipping box was labeled as such. Someone must have fancied a drink because the box was slightly opened, but there was a second box inside which then contained a retail-store type box.

TLDR: Labels might've gotten accidentally ripped off/switched and I think its a good idea to ship cool stuff matroyshka-doll style

Wow, that really sucks!

Having been to the customs check points along the south TX border through my work, my guess would be it vanished one side or the other during a customs check. They often open boxes and reseal. Wrapping things more tightly doesn't help with that. They just cut them open and tape them back.

My son recently had a "gun" removed coming from Europe due to firearms controls.....even though it was a PLA printed prop.

Thanks man. So I can’t get my money back until they do an investigation (whatever that means) so it’s up to them. If they can’t find it they’ll get me one. Also I’m not sure what steps to take in that area where it stays extra long. Find and locate a UPS facility? I could try but most of these places don’t do anything and would tell me to contact HR.
But you are right. It will be special.
Make sure you don't let this go to long. Check in with them periodically. Make sure they know that you know someone messed up majorly. Get your money back. Good luck

I did reach out to them. I got excited cause they told me they had two boxes they didn’t recognize but opened them and they were just bags.
Nothing from UPS as of now.

If the shipment was insured, which it very well should have been, get the sender to push the insurance policy. Get your refund, and try again.

I previously had a prop shipped to a customer in Florida that ended up getting the label ripped off and slapped onto a box of cleaning supplies. I opened an investigation but never heard back. You could try the investigation but your best bet will be getting the insurance money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back