Usama Bin Laden Confirmed dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the men that executed that strike should be given the title of Most Epic Men in the World. If there were a table, where sat all the men in history since the dawn of time, who fought and championed for freedom and justice, these men would have a high seat among them!

Rejoicing about Osama's death is just the same as when the Middle Eastern countries rejoiced over their countless successful acts of terror.
It's all hypocrisy.

See, what aggravates me is that so many people are excited about this.
A man is dead, no matter what he has done, there is no reason in the universe to be grateful for it.
Hypocrisy is America's way of saying "hello"
Its a good thing because its one life as apposed to possibly thousands if he had been left to continue. The good of the many before the good of the one.
What FR said. If killing one person spares the lives of a thousand innocents, then I'll even volunteer to do the deed.

Speaking of deeds, an expert said that a SEAL team did the deed. I was expecting a Delta team to do it but hey, whatever works.

What FR said. If killing one person spares the lives of a thousand innocents, then I'll even volunteer to do the deed.

Speaking of deeds, an expert said that a SEAL team did the deed. I was expecting a Delta team to do it but hey, whatever works.

This. I don't see it as hypocrisy. We killed a man who killed many many people. They cheered for the death of innocents. We cheered for the death or a genocidal monster.

I can see no one here has actually killed anyone before. Loss of life is regrettable regardless of any situation.

I can also see that no one here truly understands what we have done today... we have created a martyr. I am sure we will be paying for it for quite some time.

Understand, I am not saddened by his death, and his end is a good thing in the long run. However, there are many countries in the middle east full of religious zealots who will gladly pick where Bin Laden left off and use that name to inspire others against us.

It would be better if he were imprisoned.

A dead man becomes an icon to these types of religious groups.

I can see no one here has actually killed anyone before. Loss of life is regrettable regardless of any situation.

I can also see that no one here truly understands what we have done today... we have created a martyr. I am sure we will be paying for it for quite some time.

Understand, I am not saddened by his death, and his end is a good thing in the long run. However, there are many countries in the middle east full of religious zealots who will gladly pick where Bin Laden left off and use that name to inspire others against us.

I think we all know pretty much what this will do to us. But I feel we're just trying to enjoy the moment.

We all know retaliation is in the wind, and blowing along faster than ever right now. But this moment to most people (having killed or not) is a very happy moment. A man who has attacked innocent men, woman and children alike without care their lives or his own men. The man has now faced a type of justice for the many innocent people he has happily gone about slaughtering over the years.

Tonight brings piece of mind for the many people of all countries, dawn may bring war but tonight is the night for the people to feel secure. even if its short lived.

The zealots and the crazed groups will come, it had to happen sooner or later. The next year or years to come may be frightful times but times of progress, groups and organizations like them will fall and we will mourn our men and woman of all countries that might fight to stop them. Death is never the answer and sadly its the largest form a justice in these modern days, we must endure it to change it.

If every death was felt by mankind like it was a close friend, there would be no war. But when death is so distant its easy to not understand.

Yep A misinterpretation, oops lol, sorry.

I also haven't watched the news today, so that might of helped.

i am not sure if i am as excited about this as others are simply because there most likely will be retaliation. i hope they step up security in airports and all around the border for the next year or so. i have relatives that travel alot and were just outside of NYC during 9/11.

I understand your point, but I would like you to consider something. Since the Vietnam War (some would argue the Korean War), we have not fought to win wars. We have fought for every objective but to win wars. If you want to win, you go to war to kill the enemy, period. It does not matter if you create a martyr. The goal is to turn them all into martyrs. Don't allow fear of what the enemy will do when you kill their leadership stop you from doing what is necessary. They already want to kill you. They don't need justification. Rejoice that we have taken out another of their leaders and cowboy up as we continue the hunt to win this thing A.K.A kill them all.

And I can see something about you. You have never faced true evil. Although our standard of living is truly something to be admired, we have really done ourselves an injustice by letting ourselves become so ignorant and actually believe nonsense like that.

Let me give you an example. Have you ever seen the newest Rambo?
{IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE NEW RAMBO, SKIP TO THE BOTTOM}
In it, a Christian missionary group decides to go to Burma to help the suffering populace. They have very honorable intentions and want to help this Burmese village by building schools and churches. Sadly, they are ignorant suburbanite Americans who do not realize how the rest of the world works. Anyways, they go to Rambo, who has settled in Thailand as a boatman and knows the Burmese area very well, to take the group to this village. He realizes that they are stupid Americans and blows them off, but one of the girls in the group talks to him and persuades him to take the group. As they are going down the river, the group is halted by Burmese pirates who demand a passage fee, or the entire groupd would be killed. There fee includes money and one of the Christian girls, who would have been passed among each of the numerous pirates before being sold into prostitution or having her throat slit. Rambo replies by killing the pirates. After everyone realizes what has happened, the following conversation with one of the Christian counselors ensues.

Burnett: What did you do? We came here to help stop the killing! Who are you to...
John Rambo: [grabs Burnett by the throat, and slams him up against a support beam] Who are you?
Sarah: Let him go!
John Rambo: They would've raped her fifty times... and cut your f**king heads off. Who are you? Who are any of you?

Rambo knew of the evil in those men's hearts. The Christians did not. Neither their honorable intentions, or their ignorance, would have saved them from an excruciating death for each of the men and a brutal life of forced sex slavery for each of the women.

I give you that story to make this point: The statement, "Loss of life is regrettable regardless of any situation," is not only a false statement, but is diametrically opposed to reality. True evil does not reason, nor does it debate. It lives to spread terror, suffering, and death. Osama was truly evil and his death is not regrettable by any means.

I know my rant has been morbid, but there is hope. There are good men on this world who are willing to do what is necessary to protect what is right! You all can do the same! Be the better man and stand for justice and righteousness! Be the man who is willing to kill in order to protect what is good and what is right in this world! I'm not saying to go look for trouble with guns at the ready, but I am saying to be prepared, mentally and physically, should that time come.

I would really suggest that everyone of you read this article. Don't worry, it is much more lighthearted then my speal. ;)

http://townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/2007/06/11/three_kinds_of_people

221691_2006966816896_1325441834_2923342_7611020_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back