Voice Actors Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voice Acting Tips:

1) Don't just read, Act! Take note what situation your character is in and put a match your voice to it. Is he/she in a rush? Are they scared? Sarcastic? Also, read the context of the situation so you know what's going on! lol

2) Speak clearly. Work on your diction. No one wants to lean in to try and catch what someone said that could be important to the plot.

3) Accents: Be consistent. Unless you're voice acting the Mad Hatter from the latest Alice movie, you should only have one accent.

4) Get rid of clicks! What are clicks? Those annoying, snappy sounds you make when you have bubbles in your mouth. Get rid of them by taking a bite out of a green apple. Don't chew it, just let the juice do the work. :3

5) Get a good recording device. Unless your character is talking through a radio, your voice needs to come out clear as a bell. I use the mic on my new computer, but you can also use a camera, an actual microphone, or a classic voice recorder. But remember! No matter how good your recorder is, it won't matter if you're not in a quiet room!!

6) Do multiple takes. This one should be a given. Give the director multiple versions of the same line. Who knows, your third take could be the perfect one.

When you're done, put it into a downloadable file. I do all my stuff through GarageBand, so it can turn it into an iTunes file. :3

Goodluck guys and have fun!!

thanks for the wise words Roxy :)

I don't know if you need any more voices but I can do quite a few. Scottish/Irish accent (MOre like Shrek then anything). I'm 25 so I have a normal 25 year olds voice, I can do a really good "announcer voice" LIke the guy P90X usues on thier infomercials. I have a Weak British Accent but can pull it off with a little practice. Yoda, Apu (from the Simpsons), and even Cleveland from Family Guy. Let me know if you need anything. I have access to a sound system and can get you pretty decent samples. I do'nt know if the PM system is working but My email is SKEEF03@hotmail.com.

I don't know if you need any more voices but I can do quite a few. Scottish/Irish accent (MOre like Shrek then anything). I'm 25 so I have a normal 25 year olds voice, I can do a really good "announcer voice" LIke the guy P90X usues on thier infomercials. I have a Weak British Accent but can pull it off with a little practice. Yoda, Apu (from the Simpsons), and even Cleveland from Family Guy. Let me know if you need anything. I have access to a sound system and can get you pretty decent samples. I do'nt know if the PM system is working but My email is SKEEF03@hotmail.com.

well could you do a couple marine samples maybe some normal and then a couple scottish?
and if you don't mind, one clevland? (just for shits and giggles lol Family Guy ftw)

If you need any help (I know I'm extremely new to the forum but) I can help with voices I did a voiceover for my youtube video "Sniper Dance".

I can do an AI voice, if you still need them. I have lots of voices, its kind of a hobby for me. One of them is kind of ehhh... what do ou call it.. . omniscient. owo

If you need any help (I know I'm extremely new to the forum but) I can help with voices I did a voiceover for my youtube video "Sniper Dance".

as said above we have multiple openings :) tell me what you want to voice, i'll give you an example line and then you can send me a sample...

also, if any of you guys have any other talents (regarding to the game or movie) feel free to tell me lol

I'm seeing if i can get windows media player 10, cause it can convert them. I'll let you know.

No such luck, im going to try and find an online adapter. I knoiw i can turn it into anm AAC file,but otherwise im still working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back