Warning : Mitchell Laine : Fraud on the 105th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerebin

Hello 405th.

Moderators, please sticky this. Adam has been informed of what is going on, but cause i seem to be only able to post here. This is where it is for the time being.

I am putting this up to alert everyone here on the 405th, that a very well known fraudster and con artist who deals with costumes is currently a member of the 105th and is attempted to sell costumes of which he doesn't have. Not only is he a local of my home town, but young, only in his early 20's.

Name : Mitchell Laine (Mitchell Fett on facebook)
Alias's : Brissy_Trooper, Daft Punk, Boomer and many more...
Convicted for theft and fraud twice by Queensland Law.

This costumes include not only Halo Related, but Rocketeer, Star Wars, Daft-punk and other popular items .His prices ARE too good to believe and i am putting out a general warning. He was banned from the 501st Redbacks last year, and has consistantly tried to re-join and continue his scam activities.

I have recently been investigating into Mitchell Laine for the past 4 months through his activities from various forums, which include the following..

405th
501st including Various detachments and garrisons
RPF
105th ODST. (he is currently selling items on the 105th Facebook page)

THINGS TO WATCH FOR.
He will usually only sell through PM's and Emails, not on public forums.
He will provide pictures, but they are NOT of the items which he has, he has used other members pictures to say they are his own.
He will not send you the item you have paid for.

The following links are in regards to Mitchell Laine's Activities..

http://www.therpf.com/f9/banned-member-boomer-turns-out-scammer-mitchell-dylan-laine-117242/
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=1581
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/beware-41292/
http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7696
http://forum.clonetroopers.net/lofiversion/index.php?t14183.html
http://scamcheck.info/ - Enter Mitchell Laine.

His common method of selling is he will join a forum and attempt to sell VIA PM's or off forum to get around admins and moderators. He has NO paypal after being banned last year, and will use a dodgey bank account.

This is a global warning to all members not just of this forum, but of others.
Zerebin.

THIS F#$KHEAD HAS BEEN BANNED and i will attempt to remove this taint off my group but as we all know this will take time and effort on the admins parts also i will try and screen the members more closely in the hopes this does not happen again thankyou for this information and all i have planned is to get people organized for events not for people to sell anything and thats the way its going to stay

*sigh and shakes head* It's so sad that people would go as so low as to steal other people's work and sell it as their own (and in most cases, not even send A item). I see this happen oh too often; with anime cosplays on ebay (and/or independent sites), now armor on forums like this, even art from various places.
It's so sad.... Some people just have NO respect for an artist and their work. So rude... Never mind the person they're scamming, but just the sheer lack of humanity....

luckly no damage was done as no one bought anything off him at the 105th and we WILL remove this black mark from our name

this is why its safer to either buy only from well established forum people that have wide trust or..make it yourself!

I stopped buying from anyone that isnt well known with a good reputation.

I don't want to set off any bitching between the 105th and 405th, but he was discovered in their group trying to sell costumes he didn't have.

I go to look at some threads and see "Warning: Mitchell" and I freaked out but then I saw the last name. Is there any actual possible way to get rid of these type of people? My idea is to build a mac cannon in space, have some members purchase items from all over and track the locations of the scammers. The cannon will get A LOT of use. And whats with all the bad people having my name?!? I rarely hear my name on tv or in a movie attached to a good guy.

yes he was but no one bought anything off him and he has been banned from the group and i will be screening the new members closely now to avoid this again but to sayim pissed is an understatement

ok found out he is going by another name it is Boomerfett and i have seen him go by this name before on facebook so be warned

A lot of investigation was happening over on the Replica Prop Forum and this scammer is currently in jail for a lot of stuff that he has done, so far I think 8 RPF members were ripped off some car forum people were ripped off and accoring to what's going on at the RPF he was also trying to sell iPhones or something like that, but like I mentioned he is in jail supposedly.

As Admin and Moderator of the 105th , We have shut down the site until further notice. Selling items on the 105th facebook page? We dont have a facebook page. I will look into this and see if he made a fake one. Thank you for posting this,

Jacob

Mitchell is currently not in prison, he is at his parents place. The 501st legion made a nice polite call to his mother informing him that many people around the world, were not impressed to see him at his old game again. The police have since paid him a visit. We will see where this goes from here.

Zerebin.

Jbetty, Zerebin is referring to the Australian 105th ODST DIVISION which was started on 16/12/2010 and we officially announced on the 23/1/2011 and we are NOTHING but an organizational unit that is trying to organize people for events and well generally help people find moulding materials in Australia we leave all the pepakura and major help to the 405th. charity is our main goal and have fun raising money for the breast cancer foundation and the heart foundation here in australia. hope this helps explain which group zerebin is talking about :)

Mitchell is currently not in prison, he is at his parents place. The 501st legion made a nice polite call to his mother informing him that many people around the world, were not impressed to see him at his old game again. The police have since paid him a visit. We will see where this goes from here.

Zerebin.

Not according to a report on the RPF that he's back in jail at the moment for something not related to these member thefts. Something to do with his Parole from what I understand but the RPF is still waiting on confirmation on that like a booking number or inmate number.

Moving this into General Discussion and Stickying it.

Also Zerebin hope you don't mind I added a link to the RPF's thread about this character into the first post. A member over there is trying to round up info from everyone who's been scammed to get a case together... or at least last time I read thru it that's what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back