What's your computer/chill space look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoBfrost said:
For a computer, get a LCD monitor, they are cheaper than a lcd TV the same size, plus their resolution is atleast 720p, some higher end screens for 200-300 dollars can achieve 1080p or higher, though the same price asa TV of the same size, the resolution is much much greater.

If your looking for a TV just wait for a TV. If you're looking for a Computer screen, just get one onsale. The 15inch lcd screen I use with my ps3 (a PC like setup, office chair, ps3 standing as a tower) works good and will display at 720p with my component cables, I had to convert the cables and all to work with dvi, but it works good, I cant say if the quality truley is 720p or not since I converted alot of stuff to dvi....but it looks as dang good as a PC game, clear, crisp, no fuzziness......

just cant watch TV with a LCD monitor since it doesnt have a built in TV tuner.

If your going for a media center PC that will sit in your living room, go for a LCD tv, because you will want to be able to watch TV without turning on your PC, plus LCD tv's can be large while PC lcd monitors only go to 24 inches maybe 26 inch max...not sure, I just know they arent gonna be 37 inch PC screens for a small desk.

Thanks man im just gonna get a 20" or 22" inch moniter for my computer and hook up my cable to that so I can watch off my computer and play my 360 and wii on it thanks for the help.And i'll find one with a TV tuner I hope. Also the max size in LCD moniters I found was a 46" LCD moniter I found this on newegg.com I always buy my electronics there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dedrick said:
Why is that nessecary lol

What the Smart Ram stuff?? Well I run Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Shake, with 500 Meg files open, animating, and rendering, which are the biggest Ram hogs, if the machine doesn't distribute the Ram in a "smart" way my entire machine will slow down, and it slows my pipeline and production flow WAY down, which makes me and the Producers Cranky. Hah I'm such a nerd :B

Oh back on topic, haha soryy XD

Skullcandy Girl said:
What the Smart Ram stuff?? Well I run Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Shake, with 500 Meg files open, animating, and rendering, which are the biggest Ram hogs, if the machine doesn't distribute the Ram in a "smart" way my entire machine will slow down, and it slows my pipeline and production flow WAY down, which makes me and the Producers Cranky. Hah I'm such a nerd :B

Oh back on topic, haha soryy XD

Yeah 3D stuff takes a lot of RAM, and I really did wish my company would have sprung for 16GB RAM. It also has, 2x150GB RAID-0 @10000 RPM, or more I don't remember exactly.
I run Inventor, AutoCAD, and miriad of other programs for work. Some of the assemblies I work on in Inventor count up as far as 1000+ parts. It really messes with your brain sometimes, hehe. :confused:
Anyway, I'll post a pic of my 'game room' once I get home from work today. My computer setup at home isn't anything fancy.

Oh could of mention that lol

well here is the one I wanted The LCD moniter Im not sure if I can hook my cable up to it though, didnt find a TV Tuner? SO what do you guys think about it.

I wanted a 26" or 30" but I would have to wait like a year to make the money lol.

I wonder if you can get a TV tuner that can be compatible for it I dont know much bout Tv's and moniters if anyone knows if there is one out there or that is compatible please tell me.

Hey optimus how much did that TV cost,where did you buy it, and what is the size cause im looking for it and I cnat find it.

Need some help what is a good size moniter for a good view from a distance of about 13 ft away cause I have a couch about 13 ft away from the desk where im planning to put my new moniter.

dvt103 said:
Hey optimus how much did that TV cost,where did you buy it, and what is the size cause im looking for it and I cnat find it.

its a 32" LCD. its the 2006 model, so your best bet on finding one in store is an open box buy. or look on ebay or clearance sections on bestbuy or circuit city. i bought mine for $1600 when it first came out in mid 2005, but when the 2007 models came out in mid 2006 my best friend bought the exact same thing for $800. as if that wasnt enough of a slap in the face, my grandparents bought the 2007 model last week for $800.

im not bothered by it too much, since it was actually free (see the thread about people getting lucky or getting free stuff for my extremely long story)

Mac OS utilizes the crap out of their RAM. Windows uses the crap out of their video cards.

optimusaint said:
its a 32" LCD. its the 2006 model, so your best bet on finding one in store is an open box buy. or look on ebay or clearance sections on bestbuy or circuit city. i bought mine for $1600 when it first came out in mid 2005, but when the 2007 models came out in mid 2006 my best friend bought the exact same thing for $800. as if that wasnt enough of a slap in the face, my grandparents bought the 2007 model last week for $800.

im not bothered by it too much, since it was actually free (see the thread about people getting lucky or getting free stuff for my extremely long story)

I see I saw one online for bout 400 but it was a bit shady though lol.

dedrick i actually have that exact same monitor you're looking at, i got it thanksgiving night for $170. it doesnt have a tuner but if your computer does, you're good

thefreeman said:
dedrick i actually have that exact same monitor you're looking at, i got it thanksgiving night for $170. it doesnt have a tuner but if your computer does, you're good

Yeah but im wondering if it will be a good view away for about say 13 feet away

Well if I dont get the moniter I will stay with the old setup cause I know my dad aint gonna drop 800 for a TV for me until i go to college or something guess I might just get the 22" moniter if I get an answer from u thefreeman cause I want to have the moniter on my cmputer desk and I have a couch about that distance from it and I want to hook up my 360 and wii to it and be able to play on my couch.

Behold my chill space!

Yes, It is just empty space. That is how I keep my room clean. I don't have anything in it. I curl up in a ball in the middle to sleep.

well if you took 2000 spuare feet of space and added 7 miles of wiring and 12 computers and 20 xbox's you might get all of my basement if ur lucky. i would post pics but i cant my camera is ghetto. so i cant do anything with it.but ill find a way.

Doom said:
So what's your computer area or 'Domain' look like? I will get more pictures later... But ill post this picture to kick it off.
quiz2kj7.jpg

How many computers can you spot? ;)

-Doom

Took some pictures of my temporary 'game room'. I'll have to do my homework before I dig the cable out fro my camera though. I should post them here in about an hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back