WIP Jetpack - 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds good. it made me laugh when my hieght was shown for the scaling size. sorry for you shorter guys. anywho can't wait.

OK I did it. I had to redo the whole thing, but still, many thanks to Nintendude for letting me in on this! And thank you xhimpei for the excellent model!

Heres the link.... http://www.4shared.com/file/pk7887C4/jetpack.html

I hope I did this right! If there are any problems/suggestions, let me know. Once I get this down Ill continue to volunteer to unfolded for the 405th.

Ill print it out tonight and start my own build to see if I did anything screwed up to it.

Oh ya... forgot to mention... 87 pages, lol. Some of the pieces are scattered throughout... was trying to conserve space and use less pages. Its all there though, I promise!

omfg....that is alot of paper....well it looks like i will be calling up my grandpa (an electrical engineer) to help me with the motors and electronics on this one.
*GASP* *IDEA*
maybe i could hook up the controls to the tacpad on my wrist!!!.
well no matter what i end up doing i know what my christmas holidays project will be. thank you for the model and the unfold. i know alot of blood sweat and tears was spent over it. and have a happy holiday and great new year!!

this thing will be a pain in the buttocks to build because of the open edges but it will be well worth it. good job on the unfold dude.

Haha, its released already dude, post #122, but you will probaly wiz your pants one you see how complex it is, XD but it looks amazing, Great unfold Arioch, even if it is 87 pages. ;)

Haha, its released already dude, post #122, but you will probaly wiz your pants one you see how complex it is, XD but it looks amazing, Great unfold Arioch, even if it is 87 pages. ;)

Haha... Yeah... I know I did... Wait, what?

I know It's probably asking alot, but would it be possible to get a version without all the internal components? Like a Low Def version? I am dying to build this, but I am horrible at electronics and such, so I really only need the outer shell of it... also, Im sure some people would like a lower page-count version... :p

any chance someone could Slice this one?
preferebly without the pods attached. once its build I can hollow out the inside and openings for the mechanics.

It would be awesome. maybe 1/4" slices? leave the inside hollow on the slices. no need for fully solid?

Thanks for the great work regardless!!

Sorry about the open edges Actually, Im not sure what edges you mean, lol Id need an example so that I can keep an eye out for them on my next unfold. I could fix it and re-release it if I knew what you meant.

Thank you for the compliments and suggestions!

And... for the most part, this IS just the outer shell. The parts inside are really just struts to support the nozzles. If you want an easier build... just dont build the nozzles or struts and secure the covers over the openings.

OK I just learned something lol.

When it asks you to rescale to fit paper... PICK YES! I am now reprinting the entire thing because it cut off bottom edges....

It looks like this rescale will take about 1/4 inch for every 6 inches of the total size. So.. overall about 3/4 inch smaller than originally planned. If I get requests, Ill fix this so that you do not need to use the rescale option.

Sorry.. forgive me, Im new to unfolding!

OK I just learned something lol.

When it asks you to rescale to fit paper... PICK YES! I am now reprinting the entire thing because it cut off bottom edges....

It looks like this rescale will take about 1/4 inch for every 6 inches of the total size. So.. overall about 3/4 inch smaller than originally planned. If I get requests, Ill fix this so that you do not need to use the rescale option.

Sorry.. forgive me, Im new to unfolding!

or you could go to "settings", "print and paper settings" and select the type of paper you are using and even change the margins from 15mm to 5mm = more paper space

Sorry about the open edges Actually, Im not sure what edges you mean, lol Id need an example so that I can keep an eye out for them on my next unfold. I could fix it and re-release it if I knew what you meant.
Check my post about those open edges (#96). That's why Nintendude and I stopped unfolding this and opted to wait for the revised model. Like what Trooper114 said, you need to add the flaps manually to places where there are open edges.

I think i may have figured out what the open edges mean, they are in the joints of the jet pack nozels that come out, i think the open edges are there in case you want a movable joint, so it can open and close, i think.

Well, Im building it now... Ill post a new thread with my progress later. If the edges become a problem. Ill find a way to fix it manually and post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back