Would anyone mind unfolding this beast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadus27

Found WMHunterTLS's grenade launcher pep file, and was just shocked by how amazing and accurate it was. I was wondering if anyone wanted to attempt to unfold this. I'm sure it'd be a help to many, and we can stick it to the official pepakura thread once it's finished. Here's the link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5482
(Be sure to do the complete launcher, not the seperate piece version.)
I know it's fairly hard to do in pep, but its definitly possible with a good designer. From one of us without a password, to those who do, thanks for anyone brave enough to help.

i will try but i usually only unfold stuff i have made for myself self, but i am also having trouble downloading it, can you email it to combs4993@hotmail.com, make sure to set the topic as 405th.com or i wont open it

ok, got the email and will try to unfold (if possible) this weekend.
this thing is awesome i hope i can fit the grenade shell prop in it when i finish unfolding... again, if possible

Thanks man! Ya I was thinking about putting the grenade in there too. And you're right, this is surely the best (and only) pep file of this thing we'll probably ever have. I can't believe how helping everyone on this forum is. Wish you best of luck!

Problem with this file is that he modeled it for use in games, which is a whole different type of modeling than for pepakura use.

A lot of the shapes are smaller shapes put together separately, so it looks great on the outside but there's hundreds of open edges and separate objects. It needs a lot of work to get it into one solid buildable item.

@ruze
already started to work on that, but in the meantime if any one knows the actual life-size dimensions, a personal message or email would be nice (email is in a post above set topic as 405th.com)

still working on making this pep friendly, sorry it is taking so long, i haven't used my 3d modeling program in years and i kinda forgot how to use some of the tools but it is about 20-25% done. so give it a few more days or about a week and i should be done with the modeling and then i will get started on unfolding.

ohhhh very nice weapon. I'm looking at it and thinking about what I can cut up and take apart of weapons I already own to make this sucker. I'd love to see it unfolded..I might actually pep again lol.

I'm on it! :D

It's gonna take me some time since when I opened up the model, I noticed that it was missing some faces which would result in some open, empty spaces. I am also going to work on covering some of the gaps I found. I found a decent picture of the grenade launcher to look at for reference so that I don't accidently change anything and change it to a way that it's not supposed to be. XD

Once I finish working on the model, I will attempt to unfold which may take a lot of time too since it is VERY detailed and then I will post it here and then probably in the Reach pepakura file thread. :)

@halo goddess
you are much better at this than me, so since you are working on it i am going to move this down on my list of things to do

thanks

HaloGoddess, it's great to have someone with your skill on this project. Thanks a ton for your help!

Well, here is an update of the work in progress........

This thing is gonna need A LOT of work in order to make it pep friendly. When I opened it up in pepakura, I noticed that there were a lot of seperate pieces. Considering that, this thing will take a lot of time and patience in order to make it so that it is pep friendly, but in all honesty, no matter how "pep friendly" I make this, it will still be a VERY challenging build due to all the detailed areas.

Since I am looking at this and envisioning how it would be while building it, I have decided to keep some areas as seperate pieces just because I personally feel that it will make it easier when it comes time to hardening the pieces.

It certainly is a beast that's for sure. Making the separate pieces was probably gonna be in the equation anyways. Lots of detail here might be able to be done with foam board/project board, so hopefully it's not as bad as we all think. Whatever you can do is appreciated, even it's just cleaning up the model, which is something that I've never had the skill to do. Thanks for anything that you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back