Xcoser ODST Helmet Repaint & Potential Full Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I just cut the mesh to fit inside the slots. Purely aesthetic.
Oh okay!! I’m wanting to allow some air flow into my lid. So I’ll try it on mine, and give you a mention on that post!
(PS: that mirror finish spray tip is excellent! I’m going to try it today!)

Oh okay!! I’m wanting to allow some air flow into my lid. So I’ll try it on mine, and give you a mention on that post!
(PS: that mirror finish spray tip is excellent! I’m going to try it today!)
Yeah even just drilling some medium sized holes could be a good way to allow some air in and still have a surface to put the mesh against. Good luck with your build! I'd go extra extra light with the mirroring, like almost just misting, it's real easy to go too far on it

Deviss65
Okay I’m back! It worked! However I did accidentally crack my visor getting it off. But the tint job worked perfectly and I can see right through.
As for the vents, they’re cut and sanded out, retouched with a little black, and now have breathable black mesh behind them for airflow! I’ll be mentioning you in my build thread. (Bella’s SB ODST build)
14754171-E607-472A-8C5B-14727EB0EEC4.jpeg
D6D7A313-3B59-4DFE-85F5-BF613E9847C7.jpeg

Deviss65
Okay I’m back! It worked! However I did accidentally crack my visor getting it off. But the tint job worked perfectly and I can see right through.
As for the vents, they’re cut and sanded out, retouched with a little black, and now have breathable black mesh behind them for airflow! I’ll be mentioning you in my build thread. (Bella’s SB ODST build) View attachment 304625View attachment 304626
That came out great! A shame about the crack, hope it's not too noticeable. Then again can always play it into the battle damage . Thanks for the mention, I'm loving the yellow too!

That came out great! A shame about the crack, hope it's not too noticeable. Then again can always play it into the battle damage . Thanks for the mention, I'm loving the yellow too!
Thank you! Black and yellow looks so natural on the ODST kit.
Thanks to the damage, I have a very cute name for my ODST! Chip!

That looks amazing! I am hoping to make my helmet later when (hopefully) I buy myself for my bday that helmet off Amazon. (Not yours of course, but the ODST helmet) you know what I mean. I’ll probably make my design like my Mega Bloks figure I made of myself. Besides all that, amazing job!

That looks amazing! I am hoping to make my helmet later when (hopefully) I buy myself for my bday that helmet off Amazon. (Not yours of course, but the ODST helmet) you know what I mean. I’ll probably make my design like my Mega Bloks figure I made of myself. Besides all that, amazing job!
Awesome dude cant wait to see how it turns out!

That looks super good, I have the same helmet, I was wondering what upgrades I could do to it, and was trying to figure out the visor *since its clear* and love the reflective visor, so I will be doing that when I can! I love the work and repainting and working of it! I'm thinking about adding some of your ideas to my helmet! Will def follow for any more updates

IMG_20211221_085107.jpg
IMG_20211221_090158.jpg
IMG_20211221_090208.jpg

Well its been a real hot minute since my last post, the new jobs been a bit crazy and hasn't left much time for any costume building unfortunately.
Finally gotten round to getting back into it and thought I'd start off with an up armor helmet attachment for my helm. Modelled this boy up since I couldn't find any files that were HD or free, and gave it the resin print treatment.

Came out pretty good, not perfect, but nothing anyone will notice after a coat of paint anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back