Xxcalibersxx Jun Sniper Armor Wip (Page 5 Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about the rondo! I guess I should have been more clear that you should resin the outside a couple of times before you rondo the inside. Hopefully that won't mess you up too much. Looking forward to seeing how this comes together!

Whoa 2 pages already? WOWZERS... most were me though...

Thanks for all the feedback...

@Sniperbass(i think i cnt see the other page)

Thanks dude, if you want more pics i'll upload sooner or later, i dnt wanna take the helm near the koalas until it stops smellin horrible but until then i can ppost some more cute pics of them in the lounge room :D.

@Brandon Mclain...

It's my fault man, i was lazy... But i learnt my lesson well... :). Thanks.

@HARR 18

Go for it dude! start making one now.... Lol, we can detail em together... :D. I would suggest Mark IV though Mark V had a lot more to be done to it looking over the pics... Like those ventilation things need to be bought back and this that and the other needs to be added... Such be life... Thanks with the good luck, i beleive i will need it.

*********Update Kinda*******

Okay Guys and Gals, I went out today and finished that that wasn't rondoed by just normal glassing methods... Couple of questions... Is there any possible way to save brushes from resins rock hard embrace? or containers for that matter, Water seems to make it go extremely gluggy hbut have no effect... I'll do some sanding later today, go into town buy some bog (bondo to you guys) and start fixing what the rondo mishaped... Koolios, i'll update you lot tonight when i have something to show... :D.

Cheers, Dave...

*******Updates******

Okay Photo's,

Introducing... FRANKENSTEIN... AKA Helmet with Polyfoam on it... I might bondo tomorrow once i have it symetricalized.. :) . The mess the rondo made has been rectified as best as possible, now comes the detailing, Claps...

Back, Side, Front and other side.

100_6494.jpg

100_6495.jpg

100_6496.jpg

100_6497.jpg

Just cause trees are for pussies real koalas sit on cloths horses!

'I'll be watching you Mr'

100_6447.jpg

Lol, Cheers, Dave, i'll have more for you tomorrow...

Lol, its supposed to, atm anyway, i'l cut it off to a smoth helm and then sand it down.. :D.

It'll look better by tomorrow...

Cheers, Dave.

XxCALIBERxX said:
Lol, its supposed to, atm anyway, i'l cut it off to a smoth helm and then sand it down.. :D .

It'll look better by tomorrow...

Cheers, Dave.

Haha, in some ways I actually kinda like that look (either a brainy spartan or a spartan with 'fro) lol. BTW: Mr. Koala looks very elitist and satisfied up there. The only way I've been able to save brushes from the sticky embrace of fiberglass is "wash" them in acetone (Acetone on rag, use rag to wipe the fbrglss out of brush.) Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing I know of to clean up fibreglass and fibreglass resin is brake fluid. I am not sure that it would work with a foam brush, but it is great on your hands and what not. Hope that helps.

Okay no updates, but i am still progressing through it, i need to print off more reference pictures and get some Bog onto it, then i reckon i'll take to it with a dremel.

Updates in a few day or sometime sooner, depends on the weather, ITS REALLY HOT OVER HERE, like 40 degrees celsius.... BTW thanks for all the advice with the resin getting of and such. Love ya' all, (plutonically of course).

Cheers, Dave...

Aww... KOALAS!!! I <3 Koalas so much, I visited Australia and got a plushie when i was 3, and I have had it ever since.

Koalas are soooooooooooo awesome :) Thanks for the pics...

ps. Hmmm... Seems like I'm forgetting something... *whispers* was it something related to halo? nah... *regular voice* Sweet Koalas :) :) :)

XxCALIBERxX said:
Updates in a few day or sometime sooner, depends on the weather, ITS REALLY HOT OVER HERE, like 40 degrees celsius.... BTW thanks for all the advice with the resin getting of and such. Love ya' all, (plutonically of course).

Cheers, Dave...

Hey could you throw some of that weather my way, it's like always 25 degrees farenheit to 11 degrees where I live.

BTW, hope your helmet comes out great.(even though the brain stuff looked pretty cool.) :D

So, to be clear, you don't have dingos? Good. They'd eat your babies if you did.

This is a bold undertaking, seeing as all we have on this is a few low-light stills from a video with only a few angles on it, and that it's based on the Mk.V. All I can do here is wish you luck.

So, uh, godspeed, then. I can't wait to see how this turns out. From what little we see, that sniper looks awesome.

I like the 'fro Chief look. lol

Looks good, can't wait to see more.

By the way- link

That picture has a sniper in it, the link has it. Click to zoom in to see the helmet better. Not much of a better picture, but it may help you some (if you haven't already seen it)

@Kodorei

They are pretty cute.... Lol, but after a while you get sick of the buggers running up your legs and leaving massive scratches...

@FrockLiffe

LOL, They are...

@FrozenSnot

Dude, I would if i could, its sweltering... And thanks. BTW love the name!

@SchizophrenicMC

Thanks man, and yeah, all i have to go on is the screenies adam took, Bless him.. And i hope i don't dissapoint! Lol.

P.S Whats with dingoes and eating babies? is there something goin downn in the states that us Ozzies know naught about? Or was it a crocidile Dundee thing? Lol.

@computer geek

The fro cheif is a fro chief no more! Lol, i cut all the foam to size yesterday! Thanks for the link, its a tad small... I think i'll be going off adams screen caps, and photo shopping some here and there... Lol..

****Update*****

Starting the bondo process today after i print off some of Adams screenies... :).

I'll put pics up tomorrow...

Cheers, Dave.

@AlexSpartan Somehow i don't think animal rights would agree. :D.

Hey quick question, do i just use the sanding attachment for the dremel or do i use something else? Please reply soon...

Cheers, Dave.

XxCALIBERxX said:
@AlexSpartan Somehow i don't think animal rights would agree. :D .

Hey quick question, do i just use the sanding attachment for the dremel or do i use something else? Please reply soon...

Cheers, Dave.

You can use it if you want it depends how you need to sand it, big wide open area's use sand paper. For the smaller hard to get area's use the dremel. I suggest using you're own judgment on what to use and where to use it.

XxCALIBERxX said:
@SchizophrenicMC

Thanks man, and yeah, all i have to go on is the screenies adam took, Bless him.. And i hope i don't dissapoint! Lol.

P.S Whats with dingoes and eating babies? is there something goin downn in the states that us Ozzies know naught about? Or was it a crocidile Dundee thing? Lol.

I don't think you'll disappoint. Anyone bold enough to attempt something this insane and actually get non-crappy results at this stage don't disappoint.

As for the dingoes thing, I can't remember where it started, but that it was some sort of comedy thing, likely on the internet, where someone said in a mock Australian accent, "The dingoes ate my babies"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back