Xxcalibersxx Jun Sniper Armor Wip (Page 5 Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XxCALIBERxX said:
@AlexSpartan Somehow i don't think animal rights would agree. :D .

Its because HE JUST LOOKS SO CUTE!!! :p

he could be the cutest soldier of the UNSC

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Ya'll, sorry about the lack of updates, cousins have been down, but i did manage to get some done, up to bondoing.... Heres Pics!

First couple are of the side, side and front, (it was being bondoed, so yeah...)

100_6498.jpg

100_6499.jpg

100_6500.jpg

100_6501.jpg

And these last two are of a custom pep peice i made up and will be glassing, its for that thing in the middle of the helm... :).

100_6502.jpg

100_6503.jpg

Post your thoughts....

Cheers, Dave.

in the side vieuw the top part looks a bit like a rogue helmet only the visor is to far backwards. lookig great btw

Oh, glad you mentioned the visor, i think i will fill the part where it crurves to much, with expanding foam, so it looks more flat, Like the reach helm.... :D...

Cheers, Dave.

NEXT UPDATE!!!!

Okay, bufffed out the front with some cardboard and are going to do the back tomorrow, would finish the carboarding today except i ran out of hot glue sticks and resin... Anyway, i got most of the front cardboarded.... and did a bit of bondoeing, going to wait for the resin until i do anymore serious work though, have a look and post comments.... Also if you bored while doin your armor i find listening to tom clancey or even terry pratchet audio book are good to take up time! Lol... Here are some pics....

100_6508.jpg

100_6505.jpg

Well they're pretty self explanatory...

Cheers, Dave.

Sweet! I guess you'll be having the first Jun/Sniper helm.... :angry I wanted one lol. ;) Still looking pretty cool! Are you planning on doing the paint scheme from the trailer, or doing a custom?

Cheers!

I guess i'll do the paint scheme from reach.... looks kool and green colour would fit with the ghillie over the back pack.... (I'll have fun making that)

And just so everyone knows i am seriously contemplating molding it when its done (which as of yet i dnt know when that will be)... Who would be interested in a limited run???

Cheers, Dave.

XxCALIBERxX said:
I guess i'll do the paint scheme from reach.... looks kool and green colour would fit with the ghillie over the back pack.... (I'll have fun making that)

And just so everyone knows i am seriously contemplating molding it when its done (which as of yet i dnt know when that will be)... Who would be interested in a limited run???

Cheers, Dave.

I'd be interested, if you didn't live in Australia :p. I just can't afford the shipping, but I do like the looks of it! (Also, I really need to work on my own....) Were you planning on just cutting up some old camo, or something else for the ghillie?

Cheers!

Hey I found some really really good reference pics for the helmet. Its from EDGE magazine but, I could scan you the pic. There is a Profile, Front, and Angled view of the helmet. Would you be interested?

@FrockLiffe

GOD YES, theres so little to go on.... I would greatly appreciate that! :) .

@Dylan Marx

Thanks man.

@Sniperbass

Lol, *sigh*, stupid island in the middle of nowhere... :D . You know what i am dredding? how much it will cost me to ship over some smoothcast and dragon skin... EEP?

With the camo i was gonna gets some fish netting or some sort of nettign and then do the ghillie suitt trick. tie bits of string onto the net... :D.

Okay guys, Guess what time it is!

(Wait, i am in the pepakura and cardboard armor section! goodbye my fellow noobs, and thanks to whoever moved me...)

UPDATE TIME...

Okay, so i got the back done, everything resined. (cardboard plus resin equals rock hard cardboard) and its looking pretty nice, stile need to bondo sand bondo sand... But its gettin there! Yay!

Here be some pictures! Enjoy...

Back

100_6509.jpg

Side

100_6510.jpg

100_6512.jpg

Front. (the top actually isn't lopsided, it just looks like that cause of the way it is sitting... :D )

100_6511.jpg

Cheers, Dave...

P.S thanks for the support everyone...

Okay, now i am angry... the recent pictures released of Jun are fairly different from that in the trailer... so after much thought i have decided to build the one from the TRAILER and add some other peices from the drawings... So yeah...

Update*

The front section is nearly done and then i gonna systematically go to the back section, then the top, and hopefully it'll look pretty dam sexy...

I also (thanks to Portalman a fellow aussie) have managed to locate a mold making supplier! Yay, no international frieght! Anyway just the heads up i will probably be molding so there may be a few nooby questions comin through...

Cheers, Dave...

The top of the helmet is at an angle, looking from the front.

I think you should saw the top off, then level it, then put the top back on.

XxCALIBERxX said:
Okay, now i am angry... the recent pictures released of Jun are fairly different from that in the trailer...

I honestly think that what we saw in the trailer is what we will get, as the trailer was in game. I'd have to look at those pictures again but I think that may have been concept art. They look like they were probably drawn (the pictures that were above the names and descriptions of each guy, not the screen shots)

@kodorie

I recently levelled it with some cardboard and bondo... :D.

@computergeek

Yeah, although the concept art looks PRETTY kool, so i might incorporate some of that into it... The top bit for example looks way better in the concept picture...

@Road Warrior

aha... Kool

Okay guys i am off..

Dave Out.

Okay, i've primed the section i have been working on (the front and some of the side)...

Took the visor out...

100_6517.jpg

100_6516.jpg

100_6515.jpg

100_6514.jpg

100_6513.jpg

Things to do....

Reduce the size of the top bit...

Reduce the size of the piece below the visor...

buff out the cheeks some more...

Finish back and top...

Anything else?

Cheers, Dave.

Lookin good. Everytime I see the top it looks like it's crooked, then I check the shadows and notice its the camera angle :D

The top needs some more sanding (I'm sure you know that), but the bottom is looking nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back